Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Great OP, good job choco!

BTW, reminder to the players who participated in the summer money league, don't forget to send in the mystery skins! Unless you're just waiting for the release of Star Guardians 2017 instead in which case by all means take your time because I'd love to get my mitts on star guardian MF. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

rabidsquid posted:

i am sorta bummed that giants arent the spanish team but ruin is a lot of fun to watch

Wait, they aren't? Are there two teams with the same name?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

TSM getting the best possible draw to make it out of groups

Group A:
Edward Gaming
SK Telecom
Flash Wolves

Group B:
Longzhu Gaming
Immortals
Gigabyte Marines

Group C:
G2 Esports
Samsung Galaxy
Royal Never Give Up

Group D:
Flash Wolves
Misfits
Team Solomid

Yolo Flashwolves such a good team it gets two chances to make it out of groups :v:

RealFoxy posted:

Rookie's face when he immediately condemned China's #1 to death by drawing SKT was the best part of this draw. Also TSM gets the softball group again and if they don't make it into Knock-outs it's their own drat fault

Word, this is TSM's chance to earn a quarters spot fair and square. No excuses if they can't make it!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Lovechop posted:

ohh poo poo we get PoE vs bjerg again as well. group D owns

John Cena vs an Evil heel? No way, I've never seen this before!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

when tsm and optic play each other, the resulting twitch chat will destroy the internet

Why? Is there some history there?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

That TSM group looks...doable? Not easy by any means because everyone in it is decent, but it feels like getting out of it by merits should be possible. Let's say MSF ends up last, that means TSM has to beat the yolo flashwolves or WE. Should be a really fun group to watch!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

LZ pretty much has a free pass through groups but I think that's balanced by the rest of the group looking like any result is possible. Given the disparity of the level of play between the top and bottom teams I don't think you could balance the groups better than they are without punishing the good teams by stacking one group.

Pretty much. I think these are excellent groups. Group C is probably the easiest one to call and even that one could potentially see an upset of RNG.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Vermain posted:

G2 Esports vs. Medium Bots

The most shameful defeat, not fighting at any point because you're too cowardly and watching your whole base get eaten alive for free

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It was a no-win situation for everyone involved tbh. Travis should have never said he would have Monte on, Travis handled the fallout poorly, Monte was being a giant baby about it although had legitimate questions/concerns about the future of LCS.

Monte's right about the question on how LCS is profitable, they only seem to have one sponsor a season at best and apparently Riot is generally happy with it being nothing but a big rear end advertisement for new skins and champions

Does he not understand the words 'Loss leader' or something

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

CODChimera posted:

Wait so NA had five tiebreakers and yet EU only had 1?

I really hope all the playoff teams show up and we get competitive series but in reality we'll probably end up with half the teams shtting the bed and TSM winning.

To quote the great Gary Lineker: "League of Legends is a simple game. 10 men chase a nexus for 9 weeks and at the end, TSM always wins."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ulio posted:

But could they do it on a rainy day vs Roccat?

There are no words for how happy this response makes me, thanks so much :golfclap:

quote:

Seriously, my take away from this weekend is that Pobelter is in a bad slump and looks way worse than he did two months ago.

And that Regi plays Rengar and has Empowered Savagery always ready.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Vermain posted:

ROC were so behind that game that norskeren could only afford to buy three tears

Roc is already dead

The last game is just beating a dead horse

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

If there was any need for proof that things have to change, this is it. Here's to hoping TSM can pull themselves together for summer...

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I just watched the entirety of season 3 worlds and even back then Dyrus would randomly feed like 3 kills in a 1v2 top by just going in.

Also Reginald was very very bad.

Excuse me, wrong tense, the right one is 'is'. :v:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Vermain posted:

don't forget Kira vs. Seiya, a top 10 anime battle

on that note, KLG had a really neat dismantling of ASC, except for one moment of stupidity. Fix was just enormous by the end of that game, it's rare that an ADC diving into melee range of an olaf is actually a ruthlessly smart play.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ulio posted:

Man why are they calling Titan cheetan? Is that suppose to be the portuguese english pronunciation? That's just weird and confusing.

Yes, this is correct. For example, there's a football club in Brazil nicknamed 'O Timao' (The Superteam, roughly translated), and it's pronounced Chimao, with no T.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Vermain posted:

they're gonna be swimming back to korea for sure, the KZ international boom curse is real

more like bust curse with this performance, that was a very silly game

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Doublefeed, live this game and the next as TL throws away its chance like Real Americans

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Firebert posted:

The Jhin pick didn't matter, literally every ADC save like Lucian/Ezreal would be run down like a dog by Ornn Braum if you are stupid enough to not take the Braum yourself to completely nullify the Ornn engage.

Corki? Trist? Xayah? There's options if you want to escape the wombo, TL's just poo poo at drafting.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Firebert posted:

It's easier to just pick Braum so you don't have to play garbage like Corki bot lol

Also an option yes

point being that TL does not know how to draft, period

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ulio posted:

Eh as an eu fan I am not so confident anymore. I think both teams have very small champion pools which is why they are struggling so hard. Rekkles can literally play only 1 champion that isn't even meta. DL I am confident can play decent on Cait, Kaisa or even steal the trist.

as a na fan I haven't been confident for years, nobody is confident anymore

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

fraudnatic pls

PLS

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

america, land of the free

it doesn't even hurt anymore because I've seen the region fail so many times

it's broken me

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Nah this meta sucks poo poo and will not survive

You're going to either see huge cost reductions to iedge and zeal items or a humongous buff to their efficiency and then this nonsense will die off because whoops having good sustained damage is amazing whoda thought

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I'm all for a new meta but replacing adc with Vlad/Ryze and bruisers is going to get old really quickly.

This

Call me when they give back the base stats they stole from adcs, zzzz

you can't meaningfully change the meta by statchecking a class

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I'm really excited about this but let's not pretend they're not gonna try their best to revert everything back to the way it was before because they're not great at balancing anything but the plain, vanilla meta.

Why wouldn't they

you're not gonna see any ADCs because they literally can't lane

fun fact, did you know MF now has 60% of orianna's health regen? And is more than doubled by Sona's? It's just so dumb that they nerfed ADC base stats to the point mages can win autoattack trades by statchecking them out.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Reality Loser posted:

Adcs have been the worst, boringest, most samey heroes for years and I'm glad theyre dead.

Spoken like somebody who's never played ADC ever, just lmao if you think Jhin and Jinx don't have much less in common than Jax and (current) Aatrox

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

game poo poo, do not play

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

WOW THE CHAMPS ARE SO WEI ah the game is over at 12 minutes cool

not an emptyquote, gently caress this meta

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

EGSunBro posted:

what the gently caress ryu

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Here and ready. It's been a while, LoL Esports thread. I missed you. :)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

If you want to talk about teams that were total meat grinders, it would have been Season 3 and 5 SKT and Samsung White, they only lost games by loving around. FNC played like a team that were afraid to do anything, and they tilted pretty hard. It was extremely unlikely that either solo lane was going to pop off against TheShy or Rookie, but Broxah played like a chicken without a head, Rekkles played like all he cared about was having the least amount of deaths in the game, and Hylli was just trying to put out fires.

FNC collapsed. It's fair to say that iG played better than they have all tournament, but it's just as fair to say that FNatic played worse than some of the teams they ended up beating.

I think it's pretty fair to say Fnatic should not have been there over KT

beyond that idk who else played better, this worlds had a lot of teams playing like rear end

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

P sure this page can be summed up like this in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

Man I really need to catch back up on League

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

so I gotta watch today's LCK games because we got another king of the jungle performance huh

will do after I finish watching the EULC clown fiestas then

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

njsykora posted:

SK put down a bunch of early vision to try and track Maxlore, Maxlore got around all of it to blow both bot flashes, then invaded a manaless Nocturne and get Hans Sama a double kill. Then they just kept killing Crownshot whenever he tried to get some farm anywhere other than directly under a tower.

naw im p sure they killed him under tower too

crownshot was a caster minion in that game, at best

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Please keep posting more about fnatic being awful, it gives me life

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Support rumble getting played......

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Hi guys, posting for the first time in forever here to say I can't believe it's TYOOL 2020 and somehow, someway, TSM seems to have competent drafting and a pocket pick no one saw coming

The giant meteor announcement was a warning that this would happen I think

saintonan posted:

I mean, there's a tried and true method of beating TSM - you aim all your bans at Bjergsen and force DL or someone to try to carry. Giving Bjerg his comfort pick on silver scrapes should get TL's coaches fired.

GG tried that, is the thing. They target-banned him consistently, putting between 3 and 5 bans onto Bjerg and it just did not matter. His champion pool seems to be too wide at the moment for it, which means, I think, that if you want to ban the hell out of one person you should target BrokenBlade or Biofrost. Going after Spica seems foolish now that he's super pumped from having carried his team to the finals, and chainbanning ADCs will just hurt your own team so that's a no-go.

EDIT: For example, the banlist on Golden Guardians vs TSM game 5 was Leblanc, Akali, Sett, Azir, TF. You could swap Sett for Zilean, but that still leaves Orianna and Syndra open and you can't grab both without committing to some double mage insanity that will get you murdered. At some point you just have to let the idea of suppressing Bjerg in P/B go and instead crush him with chainganks if you want to keep him down.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I'm getting hyped for this series dudes, I hope it's as good as TL/TSM. Let's fuckin goooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

TSM is really outmacroing FLY here. It's too early to say if this will hold but man, look at all they got off Graves committing to one lane.