Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Globe Walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Surely the good brothers of the sword wouldn't stab us. Let's accept their hospitality.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mikl posted:

Well it would just be rude to refuse, wouldn't it?

It's probably a rule of the order to stab anyone who refuses their food.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Tsk, what is with all these fake monks. Sounds like there are too many to bother shooting, so let's make tracks.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
If it's that good, maybe the helghasts can't follow us there. Take the stairs.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
All the loot will be mine.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
West would be the obvious road even if we hadn't had a prophecy. Seems a shame robbing players of an opportunity to feel clever, but I'm guessing the prophecy is easy to miss.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Tails.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

achtungnight posted:

North! Our Sommerswerd can handle a few swamp creatures.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Given how much of a burden Paido is to us, we should get him killed ASAP. South.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
West.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mikl posted:

A clear pool of water in a bog? :raise:

That water is so clear, it must have magical healing properties. :downs:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mikl posted:

Something we can only find thanks to our skills? Sounds good to me.

Yup.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Our stock of fireseeds is limited and this doesn't seem to be a situation that demands them. Let's go with bow.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Repetition is predictability. Predictability is a weakness. Let's smite them with our sword this time.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Yes and no - if a page kills you, you're done, but if you lose a fight, immediately quit and restart the app and you can replay the fight.
I'm up to the grand master series now and thought there was a new order series? Doesn't seem to be in there.

I don't find it a particular hardship restarting books in Seventh Sense because it auto tracks your equipment and you're just clicking links to pick up items, go to pages, etc. It's not laborious at all and it's a nice opportunity to explore paths you didn't on the previous try.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
He has mostly been a burden to us. Poison is sometimes a bit unfair in these books, but maybe if we flee we can leave Paido behind as a sacrifice.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Didn't you hear the guard? I'm sure he has good reasons for wanting to continue on.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Jedit posted:

It's always two meals and a Potion of Laumspur. Move on.

Could be fireseeds! You can never have enough fireseeds. We should look.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

The_White_Crane posted:

Why are you people voting to skip a unique item!?
There's never going to be a forced "And then you poured the Boza down your throat and got blind drunk and were robbed" scene, but there could well be a "If you have some Boza you can give it to the guards so they get blind drunk" scene!

Very fair point, let's get some boza and give 1 gold to the beggars.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm sure the blessing is a permanent boost to our combat skill and not a disguised Vordak shanking us.

e: I haven't played this book so this isn't a spoiler, although Jackard's post above makes me think I might be hitting close to the mark.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 22, 2018

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

achtungnight posted:

Bedtime. That story made me yawn.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
We can't get possibly get lost with Pathmanship. There are no downsides to this detour.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I saw that "accident" coming from the moment of Chil's supposed change of heart. Take nothing that reeks of his treachery and discard everything to survive and wreak vengeance.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Can't see much point sticking around, and if they give chase we could use a height advantage. Head for the steps.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Loot the loot. Why is this even a question

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
We have invisibility, we can probably ace sneaking up on them. And of course we should keep the ring.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
She's not trying to kill us yet. Let's see what she has to say.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
If the plot is literally standing there waving at you, it's probably a random ignominious death to ignore it. Off we hop.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm confused there is nothing to vote for.

Press buttons at random

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
It kind of sounds (in the end text where it says your weapons are returned) as if you can lose the Sommerswerd by getting arrested? Maybe that's how Dever imagined people were supposed to game the Kimah fight - that and having the psychic ring.

The fact that it's complete bullshit even in those circumstances probably is just a lack of playtesting though.

e:
Divination
Spear Mastery
Store Invitation, Psychic Ring and those extra 3 gold crowns from our pack
Retrieve Vial of Gnadurn Sap
Grab Rope, Lantern, potions of Laumspur and Alether, and 1 meal just in case we need to feed someone in distress

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 7, 2018

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
He's obviously an experienced ranger. I wonder if he's one of those Pathfinders we were pretending to be? If so he can probably direct us to our goal. Let's join him and find out.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Careless talk costs lives. You're getting nothing until it's just the two of us.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
These aren't bad guys. Let's just leave.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Not following doesn't bear thinking about.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Tails.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
We have invisibility and we wish to use it

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Divination and Short Sword.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Gully feels safer - from the storm, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

achtungnight posted:

Take the Rod and answer their questions.