Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Search the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Get their attention

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Higher risks mean higher rewards (usually).
Graveyard.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Give 5 Gold.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Let's collect a bit of laumspur.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

This course of actions spared Lone Wolf from a combat with the Helghast, but the young Kai also lost a precious item, almost indispensable in a near future.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Get a Pass

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

This is not the time for time swimming, It's Boarding Time!.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Aaaah, "The caverns of Kalte," my very first introduction to the world of Lone Wolf (so I had to face the first series WITHOUT the Sommerswerd).

So, as for the equipment: Drop the Ticket and the Passes and pick up the Waistcoat and the Potion.

As for the new ability, I'd go with Mindshield.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Search
9 out of 10, someting useful appears.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

achtungnight posted:

Take the rope, eat a meal, go west

I agree.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Mikl posted:

Pull the lever, Wolf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKu5qgZOn-M

But yes, pull the lever.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Leave the statue alone. We are not paid any extra for vandalism.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Leave the bracelet. It seems not the Lone Wolf style, but blatant trap is TOO blatant sometimes...

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Tracking & Chainmail

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Enter the Hut.
About Legends, I've read the first books and I mist admit I really didn't like them. The Gamebooks are absolutely one of my favorites, but often the narrative in the novels felt... forced, too many elements of grimdarkness pushed in there only for effect, not for a true narrative purpose.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Let's camp with the troubadours.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Let's explore the deeps!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Fight!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Run!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Laumspur and Rope.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Descend in the cellar!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Fight to the death (of the horseman).

By the way, in my first run with Lone Wolf i din't have the Sommerswerd, so the Dagger of Vashna came useful a lot of times.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Window.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Buy the sash and read the poster.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Go in the Shop, end leave the towel behind.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Attack!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Capture him.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Take the spear, drop the sword and listen.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

As the song says, Go West!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

First thing first, search for the equipment!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

In a normal pursuit situation it is unadvisable to run upward, the rik is to be stranded on a rooftop without passage toward other places.

In this case there is nothing normal, so take the stairs.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Concert for drum and stairs!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

achtungnight posted:

Take the whistle and go south.

I second that.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lets try some jala.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Market.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Tiggum posted:

Attack Haakon with anything but the Sommerswerd and you'll find out why you should have been paying attention back in book two when it said "It is the only weapon in all of Magnamund that can kill a Darklord".

A few books later then, we'll find out that this is not true, because all the Darklords possess weapons that can kill each other. And we have the option to eliminate a couple with the Dagger of Vashna, which I don't remember if there was anoption to use in this combat...

As for the Skill I say

Keep

Weaponmastery (Bow), Huntmastery and Invisibility. So one Circle is completed and we'll be in a good point to complete a second one.

Guy Fawkes fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 24, 2017

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Mmmm.....

Skills: Circle of Fire + Invisibility.

Weaponmastery: Bow, Sword, Dagger.

Items: In the Storage the Jeweled Mace goes, with the Meal of Laumspur and 2 Potion of Alether.

Take Bow (+ Quiver and Arrows), Sommerswerd, Rope.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Ratatozsk posted:

Qinifer

If nothing else, Qinifer is a character of color. I don't think it's fair to say that this makes up for the volumes and volumes of swarthy foes dispatched in the CYOA series, but it's something. Anyhow, she's just a regular old peasant girl who sees her family graphically slaughtered in front of her. She hides under a bed until the raid passes and then extricates herself and begins to wander. This wandering quickly turns bloody and through the course of making her way to Holmgard she begins to reveal an innate aptitude in some basic Kai practices. Most pointedly, she slaughters a shitload of the spawn of the Darklords, including putting a Helghast to flight after he leers at her while she bathes. So that's creeperific.

She's immediately enlisted upon making it to Holmgard and rises quickly through the ranks. In fact she is so well received that they briefly consider sending her to get the Somerswerd rather than Lone Wolf. Granted, she does seem to have a spark of the Kai within her, but it does seem a bit risky given that a non-Kai hand wielding the Somerswerd purportedly snuffs its power out for good. As we all know, LW goes a-questing and she stays to guard the homefront with some spectacularly successful military maneuvers against the spawn of the darklands before Zagarna gets nuked.

After the war ends, she heads off to help rebuild the Kai Monastery and Order with Lone Wolf. When he gets kidnapped by Haakon for a few years (more on this later), she keeps things from falling apart, and the two of them build a very close relationship. As noted earlier, she accompanies Banedon on a little quest to Vassagonia and discovers a portal allowing hellspawn to enter the city which helps set the stage for Shadow on the Sand.

OK, I think after a brief...ish entry on Alyss we'll have all the major characters on board and can start to talk about the spectacularly unfortunate misadventures of Lone Wolf hidden behind the scenes and catch up to the thread's progress. I will offer this caveat now - Legends stops well short of the end of the Magnakai series, so get yourself ready to be left hanging on some weird points.

I must admit I've never understood Quinifer as a character; she always felt to me like a filler, something added but without giving anything to the plot, but it could've been me all along.

By the way North.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

North.