Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I've been playing it and it's a lot of fun. The section 3 intro is really weird during the penetration introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why the gently caress isn't this game out yet gently caress you Nintendo

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Vince MechMahon posted:

Why the gently caress isn't this game out yet gently caress you Nintendo

If it's not out at 12PM PT I'm going to be upset over something I really shouldn't be bothered by.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I hate the rabbids but this game has an 80+ on metacritic and oh god it's happening and downloading now.

I hope I like it :saddowns:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Game is...fun? Trying to wrap my head around it. Fun.

Fun game.

Kind of annoying, but fun.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have to wait until after work to purchase this game. Gotta get that physical copy I can lick

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Well poo poo, this game is drat good. I like the XCOM style games and this is way more forgiving. ALso it's charming as hell even though I can't stand the Rabbids in other games.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Bought the physical copy, the guy at Gamestop didn't realize that it came out today, then proceeded to say he enjoyed all the Rabbid games. I just said I was buying it because it's XCom.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Alright so how obnoxious are the rabbids

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Not a dealbreaker, but the game not being 60fps is slightly a let down since it's a Nintendo game.

Music is dope tho. I've never played XCOM so this is an interesting new game experience for me!

Also I ran into this weird bug instantly, it only happened in this specific area :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za4Xx8-fgVc

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

whaley posted:

Alright so how obnoxious are the rabbids

Not really, unfunny so far but not cringe bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there some way to like... heal between battles? If you die do you have to start the whole world over again? How does this work. Mario is on 80 HP right now and I haven't fully got my head around this type of game yet so I'm gonna be making mistakes early on I think. I think I saw an "easy mode" option at some point when I started but I don't wanna do that

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Nintendo approves of this but wouldn't let a Paper Mario game be made with Bowser talking.

idgi

But two of those came out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bowser's Inside Story would be perfect for the Switch.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Macaluso posted:

Is there some way to like... heal between battles? If you die do you have to start the whole world over again? How does this work. Mario is on 80 HP right now and I haven't fully got my head around this type of game yet so I'm gonna be making mistakes early on I think. I think I saw an "easy mode" option at some point when I started but I don't wanna do that

You get all your health back when you complete a 'level', which typically contains 2 battles, but some contain 3 (or just 1).
I think there are also mushrooms that restore health hidden in some places?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
I'm really liking it so far. I wish it had the procedural stuff of XCOMn to add replayability but maybe it'll be different enough on Hard that it will feel like it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

You get all your health back when you complete a 'level', which typically contains 2 battles, but some contain 3 (or just 1).
I think there are also mushrooms that restore health hidden in some places?

Cool thanks! I haven't found one of those mushrooms yet sadly but I redid the battle after losing and it went better and got health back so :toot:

Also I was idling for a minute doing something else and noticed the big tuba/horn looking flowers that were moving in the scenery were also animating to the horn sections of the music. LOVE those kinds of little details.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Wait is the Amazon Prime discount on physical games only for pre-orders? Ffffff

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deltron 3030 posted:

It's usually for preorders + first two weeks or something like that. But they also typically do release-day delivery and my copy isn't showing up until tomorrow, so maybe this whole game is a weird situation for them.

E: I should clarify, when they announced the program I remember them saying it was preorder + some amount of time, but I've never actually bought a game in that post-release window to test it myself.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Prime and Best Buy Gamer's Club pre-order discounts are and have always been for physical versions only

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The 2 week release window on prime discounts is over. It’s now only on pre-orders.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Edit: beaten

Looks like they used to also have the discount for 2 weeks after launch but now pre-order only.

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2017/08/16/amazon-prime-new-video-game-discounts-are-gone/

Oh well, I have a pretty healthy gift card balance anyway. I normally go digital but replayability seems a little suspect on this one unless there's a lot of DLC.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 29, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got my copy of this dumb rabbit game. I'll play it when my husband gets home. He wanted to play too. We'll either do the co-op mode or play story mode and pass the controller back and forth. Probably both? Should be a hoot!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Silver Falcon”" post="“475868142”"]
I got my copy of this dumb rabbit game. I’ll play it when my husband gets home. He wanted to play too. We’ll either do the co-op mode or play story mode and pass the controller back and forth. Probably both? Should be a hoot!
[/quote]

You need to play a bit before co-op is unlocked but the game so far is super loving fun. Also just had my first not perfect :negative:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You need to play a bit before co-op is unlocked but the game so far is super loving fun. Also just had my first not perfect :negative:

Don't bother naming a Rabbid until they make Captain.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could this introduce cutscenes go on any longer it's like uncharted

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Deltron 3030 posted:

I found this out on The Division Deluxe edition. RIP

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mario has unlocked HELL IN A SHELL

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

quote:

Against all odds, this unholy union is a success

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's fun but rabbids are a literal eyesore.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What video games do you even like?

Challenges are actually pretty engaging/challenging and the Rabbid Kong fight was more fun than I was expecting after the videos.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just don't like the design of rabbids game is fun but is very much baby's first xcom game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Don’t bother naming a Rabbid until they make Captain.

Can’t wait to unlock mechs and chop up Yoshi

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

I just don't like the design of rabbids game is fun but is very much baby's first xcom game

This is better than XCOM cause XCOM doesn't have Mario in it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Luigi is a sniper and also dabs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdhm4owajTs

I hope my copy gets here tomorrow! In the meantime there is a developer livestream on now

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Gamefly arrives on Thursday at the earliest for me :(

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Macaluso posted:

This is better than XCOM cause XCOM doesn't have Mario in it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also, fun interaction: if you use Mario’s reaction shot skill and then score a critical bounce or cause an explosion that knocks a rabbid into the air, it will trigger the reaction shot. Poor fucker got crit by Luigi, which made him bounce off the map but not before Mario score a mid-air reaction shot, blasting him off even further.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also, fun interaction: if you use Mario’s reaction shot skill and then score a critical bounce or cause an explosion that knocks a rabbid into the air, it will trigger the reaction shot. Poor fucker got crit by Luigi, which made him bounce off the map but not before Mario score a mid-air reaction shot, blasting him off even further.

Flanking smashers is a really good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Just got to the first midboss

This MUSIC :psyduck: :swoon:

• Locked thread