Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I must have severely underestimated the writing of the first game.

Edit: hang on there's NOLF2 spoilers in this here link. have a random scene instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkcr5ASZIxc

double nine fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Just try to keep them contextual, like what James Bond would have done. "She was let go", and such.

yeah, she got the point/had a sharp wit/was straight as an arrow/...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

dscruffy1 posted:

Mmmmmmaybe? I'd never considered it but it is a game that exists. If I can do something good for it I'll absolutely go with it but I haven't played it so who knows??? I'll be busy with something else around that time but I'll see what comes to me.

On a more current note, update!

The Death of a Spy
Scene 1/Polsy

I remember it being a fun but very goofy tron game. Basically consider a tongue in cheek disney movie in video game form.

Like in the movie, a human gets maguffined into being a computer program and it turns out all computer programs have full personalities.

The social place to hang out after work is the Progress Bar.
The (antagonistic-ish) head of the security forces is called ... the Kernel.

etc. etc. etc. Like NOLF, it's got its tongue embedded firmly in cheek.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Yes, glorious russian sugar.

Also I love this whole cheesy spy genre and it makes me sad no one ever completed a vlp of evil genius :v:

I want more orchestral spy music :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFw_48vv5NQ

double nine fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 29, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

NHO posted:

Peer pressure or beer pressure?

we can do both

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I appreciate the "must you fidget" "yes" comment, given that's pretty much the only way these cutscene dialogues are animated (still today)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

all I can think of for that very last shot is

quote:

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Hide it under some seaweed, no! I'm gonna let it shine. Hide it under some seaweed, no! I'm gonna let it shine. Hide it under some seaweed, no! I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Scare away sea monsters, yeah! I'm gonna let it shine..." —

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Perkins?!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait, wasn't there another level after this? Am I crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

A third game could have been great. Imagine being at Unity HQ and overhearing Armstrong and one of Isako's ninjas discussing stealth tactics.

Nope, and not particularly.

I've looked it up, the bonus level I was thinking of was for NOLF 1.

• Locked thread