Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Holy poo poo lmao hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So apparently it's legal to kick an other player lol

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Amazing game

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smells like a really unsubtle Hoyzer to me.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Both decisions were good, even though they were probably wrong, because bayern lol. There's like a million overall accumulated karma-years of Bayerndusel and today atoned for maybe two days of that. gently caress off to bayern forever, imho

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Smirr posted:

Both decisions were good, even though they were probably wrong, because bayern lol. There's like a million overall accumulated karma-years of Bayerndusel and today atoned for maybe two days of that. gently caress off to bayern forever, imho

Agreed

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
No one told me this game was bought and I put some money on Bayern :emo:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

elbkaida posted:

No one told me this game was bought and I put some money on Bayern :emo:

lol owned

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Boy, I sure am glad Felix Zwayer is gonna be Germany's representative as a VAR at the World Cup. What a fairy tale story, he bounced back so quickly after accepting bribes for manipulating games and being banned for six months.

(netter Schmelzrunter)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bayern losing is good, Bayern losing because the refs hosed them is even better. Unfortunately they had to lose to Frankfurt, who are also cunts so idk where to stand on this

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

gently caress it, let's Weltmeisterschaft

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

gently caress it, let's Weltmeisterschaft

this

we're due for an embarrassing tournament though I think

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It's hard to say. I feel like we always seem to struggle in the buildup and then the pieces come together.

Schweinsteiger will helicopter in at the last moment and ultimately lift the trophy.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

hopterque posted:

we're due for an embarrassing tournament though I think

It's hard to see Germany not top the group because the other three teams seem pretty evenly matched but possibly one of them could get 6 or 7 points and overtake Germany in goal difference. In that case the round of 16 opponent would be Brasil. Going out in the Round of 16 might even mean Löw quitting maybe?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

elbkaida posted:

It's hard to see Germany not top the group because the other three teams seem pretty evenly matched but possibly one of them could get 6 or 7 points and overtake Germany in goal difference. In that case the round of 16 opponent would be Brasil. Going out in the Round of 16 might even mean Löw quitting maybe?

It might not be a bad thing in the long run tbh, but maybe Löw will be done soon either way so whatever hopefully we repeat. I'd almost rather an embarrassing exit over a boring run and then loss in the semis or whatever.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

A shameful performance and group stage exit is basically the only way for Löw to leave since he just signed a new contract.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oh man I totally forgot about that. Stupid of me to think that maybe they'd want to move on from the coach who's obviously starting to lose touch before we get embarrassed.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh hey, it's already time for my annual reminder that the relegation playoffs must be abolished

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

hopterque posted:

Oh man I totally forgot about that. Stupid of me to think that maybe they'd want to move on from the coach who's obviously starting to lose touch before we get embarrassed.

Tbh people have been saying this since 2012 but Löw is doing very well and consistency in managing teams seems a bit underrated imo. Going to the final in a tournament with lots of good teams like that is just not something that you can expect every time. Reaching the semifinal six times in a row in EM/WM is a fully sick achievement and I'd say Löw has done pretty well adjusting after failures like the semifinal vs Italy so is still pretty in touch with winning games and getting far in tournaments.
If you find it kind of boring to always know to expect a run to semifinals maybe we should bring back the good times playing of like rubbish and getting knocked out in a quarterfinal to Bulgaria/Croatia that we had in the 90s :cool:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

We should bring back the time we didn't make it out of a group containing Latvia. I'd be here for it

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Yeah I'm wondering if (no offense intended here) some people don't remember how dire the early 2000s and even the late 90s were. Holy moly.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Remember Erich Ribbeck

I hope you don't

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

Remember Erich Ribbeck

I hope you don't
Das ist jetzt aber nur eine objektiv subjektive geäußerte Meinung!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's basically a crime against football that we got into the 2006 2002 World Cup final.

I'm not saying there are not better managers, but we could do far worse. And it's partly out of the hands of the manager anyway, since it's difficult to expand the player pool they can choose from.

Edit: I'm dumb and can't remember dates :downs:

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 23, 2018

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Torrannor posted:

It's basically a crime against football that we got into the 2006 World Cup final.

Good thing you didn’t :D

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wengy posted:

Good thing you didn’t :D

Thanks for catching that!

We were basically taking advantage of the refs clearing an easy path for South Korea to at least get into the semi-final.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Torrannor posted:

It's basically a crime against football that we got into the 2006 2002 World Cup final.

gently caress torsten frings

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It was pretty cool seeing Ballack and Kahn drag an entire team's corpse to a World Cup final.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Team in the 2002 final:

Oliver Kahn – Thomas Linke, Carsten Ramelow, Christoph Metzelder – Torsten Frings, Jens Jeremies (77. Gerald Asamoah), Dietmar Hamann, Marco Bode (84. Christian Ziege) – Bernd Schneider – Oliver Neuville, Miroslav Klose

:eyepop:

I mean there are some really good players in there but goddamn!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, on paper that is a pretty good team, but man the football was so dire.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I really miss Klose. I hope nobody ever breaks his record.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

25 Spieler und 2 Ziegenficker.

:chanpop:

(Put that in the WC thread imo, also someone make a thread)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Healbot posted:

lmao

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Were Germany playing with a three-man defence in 2002? In any case, I remember them being dire.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The defence was all Kahn IIRC and then he shat the bed in the final. RIP just RIP

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

The defence was all Kahn IIRC and then he shat the bed in the final. RIP just RIP

He had a broken finger or something like that IIRC.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Healbot posted:

a rude thing to say about löw and schneider imo :v:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
i love to lol at sechzig as much as the next guy but im also glad they got promoted today

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Sane left off the World Cup squad :laffo:

• Locked thread