Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheredashimapansat
Oct 14, 2016

Chic Trombone posted:

that sure is a bad joke vote after jokephase's end

It is a serious vote.

But if it was a random/joke vote. The premise of your statement presumes that everyone is on the same page. The aforementioned "jokephase" You should take it to be a state of a players mind and not a state of the game as the game of mafia is highly volatile. I'm not sure I am willing to believe your post. It sounds like you wanted to say more or deleted something you were going to say or at least that is what the syntax suggests to me. Care to share or am I as wrong as the democrats who voted hillary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
http://votefinder.org/game/millennials-are-killing#votecount

12 hours left, no wagon with more than 2 votes. Can we please do something? I would strongly prefer jfisk but will happily vote trombone too.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I didn't like Kasumeat's Mafia dadding and wanted to see how he'd respond to pressure

This is also scummy as gently caress. I'm not saying you should give me town cred for what I did. It's NAI as it's equally common for both scum and town to mafia dad, setup spec, and other similar "just making it clear that we're all aware of this"stuff. But to actually push somebody for doing it comes from scum 90%of the time. Again, jfisk isn't trying to game solve. He's looking for an excuse to lunch people. He says he didn't like my response, but again, there's no explanation or reason here. He doesn't give one because there isn't one other than he's scum. My response was to clearly explain why his push on me is scum motivated.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I could definitely see the Trombone case, but she said she'd be around today. If she's a no-show on that, it makes her look a lot worse, and I'd be willing to drop a vote on her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

(Sorry I haven't been paying much attention to this game, I'm in two at once for the first time in forever and it's taking some readjusting to.)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I've been trying to make sense of the JFisk/kasumat votes on the previous page. Fisk claimed he was attempting to lay a honeypot for kasumat, which seemed to work, since in return, kasumat voted to lynch Fisk. Maybe they both are town, maybe Fisk is scum.

FWIW, after kasumat voted to lynch Fisk, Vector-to immediately jumped in and voted for Fisk ("I'm feeling lazy. Explain"). After Hal said that Fisk is town, Vector backtracked a bit, and eventually unvoted Fisk. Does this mean that Vector is scum, and was trying to get on a town wagon early? Maybe not, but it was definitely a strange play.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do wish you'd post more. New players always have an interesting and usually-helpful unique perspective on things, before they get corrupted by all our bad habits and pre-established biases.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Seconding on PMush's case, I'm content to wait a little longer and see if we can get a dialogue with trombone. Really not feeling the JFisk case, although I can understand Kasumeat's anger at being targeted.I'd be pissed if it happened to me.

PMush, what are your thoughts on the Jfisk/Kasumeat spat?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's not being obtuse. It's expecting players to make connections so that if they didn't pick it out before they can come to it organically themselves. I appreciate that newer players are liable to bit longer to reach that point
This is pure, unadulterated "god dammit, Taste, you're always like this". JFisk (formerly known as Tremendous Taste) is a very, very stubborn player, especially in D1.

That's not to say that Kasufish's read is necessarily incorrect, the best play scum Taste can make is to emulate town Taste, but it's a facet of the argument that needs to be considered.

TL;DR version: I think Kasu is being genuine, but is just unused to Fisk... being Fisk.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Kasufish Kasumeat

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I must say that Kasumeat is the more convincing of the two. I still think yuming was a little too eager in the early phase of the day, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LupusAter posted:

I must say that Kasumeat is the more convincing of the two. I still think yuming was a little too eager in the early phase of the day, though.

I'd be more concerned if Yuming wasn't too eager.

I'm also not convinced by Kasumeat trying to convince us with Science. That kind of metagaming is useless because it's a vector for WIFOM.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

This is pure, unadulterated "god dammit, Taste, you're always like this". JFisk (formerly known as Tremendous Taste) is a very, very stubborn player, especially in D1.

That's not to say that Kasufish's read is necessarily incorrect, the best play scum Taste can make is to emulate town Taste, but it's a facet of the argument that needs to be considered.

TL;DR version: I think Kasu is being genuine, but is just unused to Fisk... being Fisk.

What's stubborn about trying to get players to play?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

This is also scummy as gently caress. I'm not saying you should give me town cred for what I did. It's NAI as it's equally common for both scum and town to mafia dad, setup spec, and other similar "just making it clear that we're all aware of this"stuff. But to actually push somebody for doing it comes from scum 90%of the time. Again, jfisk isn't trying to game solve. He's looking for an excuse to lunch people. He says he didn't like my response, but again, there's no explanation or reason here. He doesn't give one because there isn't one other than he's scum. My response was to clearly explain why his push on me is scum motivated.

all bluster

doubling down on OMGUS is a bad look.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

all bluster

I don't get the sense that Kasu is doing it in a scummy way though, just seems like a town disagreement to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

going out on a limb there halbert

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

all bluster

Unlike you, i don't give a gently caress about how i look. I'm trying to solce the game, not look good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

is english your first language

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote JFisk

You are becoming actively unpleasant to play with.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol wrong game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

is english your first language

I don't think it is.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In that case I'll try to use fewer colloquialisms.

I was implying that your behavior was scummy because you're re-enforcing a claim that seems mostly grounded in the fact I voted for you and wouldn't tell you why.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

@Hal, what are your reasons for TRing jfisk?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

In that case I'll try to use fewer colloquialisms.

I was implying that your behavior was scummy because you're re-enforcing a claim that seems mostly grounded in the fact I voted for you and wouldn't tell you why.

I understand your coloquialism, I'm implying that your choice of words unconsciously reflects your scum mindset. Scum are always concerned with how they look. Town, much less so. It's far from a slam dunk on its own, I certainly admit, but I think it's a little more likely to come from scum than town.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I don't think that's an accurate assumption at all, good town will want to look towny because them being cuddled is a detriment to town overall since it makes the scum wincon easier to achieve

Also the "clearly you care about how you look but i don't care how I look" is basically saying "look at me i am so town right now" which tbh makes your entire argument hypocritical

y'know who are huge hypocrites? scum

##vote Kasumeat

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wheredashimapansat posted:

It is a serious vote.

But if it was a random/joke vote. The premise of your statement presumes that everyone is on the same page. The aforementioned "jokephase" You should take it to be a state of a players mind and not a state of the game as the game of mafia is highly volatile. I'm not sure I am willing to believe your post. It sounds like you wanted to say more or deleted something you were going to say or at least that is what the syntax suggests to me. Care to share or am I as wrong as the democrats who voted hillary?

in other news this post is real bad

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hi, Chic! Welcome back.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Kasumeat (2): Jonathan Fisk, Chic Trombone
Jonathan Fisk (2): Jedit, Jedit, Kasumeat, vector_to, vector_to, PMush Perfect
Chic Trombone (2): wheredashimapansat, yuming
yuming (1): LupusAter, LupusAter, LupusAter
Jedit (1): Nutsack Rangoon
PMush Perfect (1): Jamuraan, yuming, yuming
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
LupusAter (0): PMush Perfect, Jedit, Jedit, PMush Perfect
Jamuraan (0): vector_to, vector_to

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, vector_to

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 37 minutes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

##vote Kasumeat

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't think that's an accurate assumption at all, good town will want to look towny because them being cuddled is a detriment to town overall since it makes the scum wincon easier to achieve

Also the "clearly you care about how you look but i don't care how I look" is basically saying "look at me i am so town right now" which tbh makes your entire argument hypocritical

##vote Kasumeat

That's fair to an extent, even if it is textbook WIFOM. To say I don't care at all about my image is an exaggeration. But the key difference is that it's not the focus of my posting, whereas for scum it is. I don't mind taking heat, even getting lunched, if it ultimately progresses the town agenda. You may play town differently, but that's how I do it, and it works well enough for me.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

And @trombone, same question I asked Hal: why do you TR jfisk?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

That's fair to an extent, even if it is textbook WIFOM. To say I don't care at all about my image is an exaggeration. But the key difference is that it's not the focus of my posting, whereas for scum it is. I don't mind taking heat, even getting lunched, if it ultimately progresses the town agenda. You may play town differently, but that's how I do it, and it works well enough for me.

And if there's anyone who thinks I'm full of poo poo, just look at my posts on Nutsack. If I was scum, no question, I wouldn't have made that addendum. If i was scum and nutsack town, obviously I would've just let my first suspicions sit without adding the caveat. If i was scum and nutsack scum, I wouldn't have pointed a finger of suspicion so early and then immediately contradicted myself. It makes me look scummy, and him too.

The only reason for me to post like I posted is I was posting legit stream of consciousness as town. When i thought more carefully about my read on nutsack,i realised it was questionable, and made everyone aware of that, even if it makes me look worse. Because that's how I play town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

I've just played with him enough to know when he's just being himself. His post are all natural town type stuff for him, I don't get the impression he's forcing any of that

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

Pretty much the same as Hal - I've seen Taste play like this and be town a ton of times

also I'm trapped at a fundraiser at a bar with poo poo music for the next couple hours send help, or at least better music

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What does TR mean? Thanks

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

What does TR mean? Thanks

I assume town read

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
B-minus, Yuming and Hal are my scum reads.

##vote b-minus

I'll type up case when I'm not on mobile

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^ looking forward to reading that

I'm torn between Jfisk and vector_to, and trusting other player's confidence that JFisk is town. ##vote vector_to.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

Pretty much the same as Hal - I've seen Taste play like this and be town a ton of times

also I'm trapped at a fundraiser at a bar with poo poo music for the next couple hours send help, or at least better music

And how does his play this game differ from his scum play? Does he ever start contributing as town?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
kasu reads as earnest to me, also he is fun to play with I don't want to vote him.

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Kasumeat
I don't like Chic's entrance into the thread tonight-- I know I hate it when people are do the same to me-- ~more reads please~ but I'm like aaaugh idk and have to pop in.

Still, the above post is just commenting on the last thing that was discussed and then (here) is a follow up on one of her earlier reads.

I guess it reminds me of how I post as scum. Like "aaah quick here I made some opinions" but it lacks curiosity or genuine effort to figure out the game.

That is my impression-- thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Kasumeat
Chic, I want to understand this case better but it just seems like a gotcha.

"Good town want to look town / Taste cares about how he looks / I don't care about how I look >> hypocrite = scum"

???

I think kasu's vote for Fisk is fair god I didn't even know Fisk was Taste so I was thinking "okay tell me more." Like I'm p sure I have had the same reaction to Taste before.

• Locked thread