Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I like the vector case!

Go read him on the previous page. Good find Hal and b-minus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

I like the vector case!

Go read him on the previous page. Good find Hal and b-minus.
On page 4, that is.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
I'm going out drinking now, will try to hop back on by deadline

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

yuming posted:

Chic, I want to understand this case better but it just seems like a gotcha.

"Good town want to look town / Taste cares about how he looks / I don't care about how I look >> hypocrite = scum"

???

I think kasu's vote for Fisk is fair god I didn't even know Fisk was Taste so I was thinking "okay tell me more." Like I'm p sure I have had the same reaction to Taste before.

I'm saying that, by saying "I don't give a gently caress about looking town" after him making the point that town don't care about looking town, is basically a "look at me I am so townie" post, which always makes me feel scummy

also I work 7 days a week so my posting is gonna be sporadic and random sorry if you dont like that i guess

in non-game-related news i got creeped on and left, the arts council is not worth creepy older men

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote vector_io for how he reacted to his own fisk vote, I didn't really buy his explanation after I called him out.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I've already explained it, I got no more to give. I didn't understand Fisk's reasoning initially and it felt like a shady vote.

Not sure about either Kasumeat or Fisk anymore after the latest bluster, might just be two town stepping on each other's tails, although it's getting unpleasant to read through at this point.
Gonna keep re-reading, see if anything pops out at me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm saying that, by saying "I don't give a gently caress about looking town" after him making the point that town don't care about looking town, is basically a "look at me I am so townie" post, which always makes me feel scummy

also I work 7 days a week so my posting is gonna be sporadic and random sorry if you dont like that i guess

in non-game-related news i got creeped on and left, the arts council is not worth creepy older men
aww that sucks I'm sorry :/

I like my vote I'm gonna look back again ~to see what else I see~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 1

Kasumeat (3): Jonathan Fisk, Chic Trombone, Jedit
Jonathan Fisk (2): Jedit, Jedit, Kasumeat, vector_to, vector_to, PMush Perfect
Chic Trombone (2): wheredashimapansat, yuming
vector_to (2): b-minus1, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (1): Jamuraan
yuming (1): LupusAter, LupusAter, LupusAter
Jedit (1): Nutsack Rangoon
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
LupusAter (0): PMush Perfect, Jedit, Jedit, PMush Perfect
Jamuraan (0): vector_to, vector_to
PMush Perfect (0): Jamuraan, yuming, yuming, Jamuraan

Not Voting (1): vector_to

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 57 minutes.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Aight, it's 2 am and I need to sleep, and the only thing that's sticking out to me so far is this.

b-minus1 posted:

I've been trying to make sense of the JFisk/kasumat votes on the previous page. Fisk claimed he was attempting to lay a honeypot for kasumat, which seemed to work, since in return, kasumat voted to lynch Fisk. Maybe they both are town, maybe Fisk is scum.

FWIW, after kasumat voted to lynch Fisk, Vector-to immediately jumped in and voted for Fisk ("I'm feeling lazy. Explain"). After Hal said that Fisk is town, Vector backtracked a bit, and eventually unvoted Fisk. Does this mean that Vector is scum, and was trying to get on a town wagon early? Maybe not, but it was definitely a strange play.

Half this post is summarising prior events and contributes nothing. The other half is basically Hal's case from here, with little/no amendments.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why would you vote someone while asking them to explain in the same post? And want to do it so badly you had to correct your syntax in the next post. Then you unvote based off of basically "go read the game". That's a scummy sequence of events.

It's low content, and re-using someone else's case as their own, as far as I read it anyway. Based on this, I'm gonna park on ##vote b-minus1 and call it a night.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##unvote

I was cranky earlier. Let's take a look at this properly.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Content: I feel better about Lupus a*ter he started sharing more opinions. Seems reasonable and no scum feels at the moment.

I'm going to ##vote Chic Trombone

because, I have gotten an odd vibe from her posts-- like "oh, joke phase post thats bad" but not really going anywhere with it.

I still have a nagging suspicion on Pmush but I'm gonna let it brew for a bit.
I don't feel suspicious of Pmush anymore I feel Pneutral even.

I am feeling more and more sold on my Chic read as I'm rereading.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
did i miss deadline?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

strongest town reads from: vector_to, pmush, yumin, jonathan fisk

b-minus1 posted:

I'm torn between Jfisk and vector_to, and trusting other player's confidence that JFisk is town. ##vote vector_to.
What changed? I know what happened with Fisk, but can you explain your turnaround on vector? I like it the most of the candidates that are on the table right now.

b's new, Chic's back and contributing, and I still just see Hasu's reactions as someone town who doesn't know Taste's meta. Vector's been around for enough games that he's probably past the point of new player D1 protection, and Hal's case on him makes some good sense to me.

I'm also willing to go for Nutsack, though. Weirdly snipey over the past few days, and then drops a vote on someone with no votes (Jedit) and a single-sentence justification. It didn't feel like a case or a real vote so much as someone wanting to be seen voting and doing so in the most harmless and ineffectual possible.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Like him most of all the candidates / Like it most of all the cases

I didn't mean to call anybody an it. :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

did i miss deadline?
Speak of the devil. Hi, NR! Who scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kasumeat posted:

And if there's anyone who thinks I'm full of poo poo, just look at my posts on Nutsack. If I was scum, no question, I wouldn't have made that addendum. If i was scum and nutsack town, obviously I would've just let my first suspicions sit without adding the caveat. If i was scum and nutsack scum, I wouldn't have pointed a finger of suspicion so early and then immediately contradicted myself. It makes me look scummy, and him too.

The only reason for me to post like I posted is I was posting legit stream of consciousness as town. When i thought more carefully about my read on nutsack,i realised it was questionable, and made everyone aware of that, even if it makes me look worse. Because that's how I play town.
aww I like you, let's be friends :sparkles:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

vector_to posted:

Aight, it's 2 am and I need to sleep, and the only thing that's sticking out to me so far is this.

Half this post is summarising prior events and contributes nothing. The other half is basically Hal's case from here, with little/no amendments.

It's low content, and re-using someone else's case as their own, as far as I read it anyway. Based on this, I'm gonna park on ##vote b-minus1 and call it a night.

The post of mine that you are quoting was made almost 12 hours ago. You’ve only just now addressed it, even though you have been active throughout the day. I understand it is late where you live, but I gave you plenty of time to respond to my post, and you failed to do it. Instead, you made this post, threw out a vote for me, and resigned for the day. How exactly does this help our situation?

The reason for my “summarizing’ post was to attempt to make sense of the activity on the previous page, since there was clearly some confusion with all the votes flying around. This (IMO) marked the end of shitposting and the start of scum hunting, and was worth dissecting. JFisk’s honeypot post/kasumat vote makes me think that fisk doesn’t know anything about kasumat’s role/alignment. Similarly, it seems unlikely that kasumat has any info on Jfisk, and was simply acting defensive when he voted for Jfisk.

What sticks out to me, above everything else is vector-to’s JFisk vote, which (as he just stated) others pointed out as scummy before I did in my post.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

PMush Perfect posted:

(1) What changed? I know what happened with Fisk, but can you explain your turnaround on vector? I like it the most of the candidates that are on the table right now.

(2) b's new, Chic's back and contributing, and I still just see Hasu's reactions as someone town who doesn't know Taste's meta. Vector's been around for enough games that he's probably past the point of new player D1 protection, and Hal's case on him makes some good sense to me.

(3) I'm also willing to go for Nutsack, though. Weirdly snipey over the past few days, and then drops a vote on someone with no votes (Jedit) and a single-sentence justification. It didn't feel like a case or a real vote so much as someone wanting to be seen voting and doing so in the most harmless and ineffectual possible.
(1) Well the gist of the case is vectors vote on Fisk and then unvote, which happens just after b made that town read post.

(2) I'd ask you to look at Chic again, she is back and posting I agree but it is coming off scummy to me. It reads like she picked a vote and worked backwards on the reasoning. Hollow, scummy ~bad feeling~ lemme throw in all the buzzwords.

(3) idk Rangoon is always snipey. I guess I think Jedit's naked vote in response to the votecount with a vote on the vote leader is worse--

Jedit posted:

##vote Kasumeat
~click for context~
Like for me I am reading Rangoon as a response to Jedit's comment but Jedit voting the leader says even less and looks worse.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

What changed? I know what happened with Fisk, but can you explain your turnaround on vector? I like it the most of the candidates that are on the table right now.

b's new, Chic's back and contributing, and I still just see Hasu's reactions as someone town who doesn't know Taste's meta. Vector's been around for enough games that he's probably past the point of new player D1 protection, and Hal's case on him makes some good sense to me.

I'm also willing to go for Nutsack, though. Weirdly snipey over the past few days, and then drops a vote on someone with no votes (Jedit) and a single-sentence justification. It didn't feel like a case or a real vote so much as someone wanting to be seen voting and doing so in the most harmless and ineffectual possible.

I figured someone would bring this up. Vector-to was obviously my fakepeek. I would really prefer not discussing roles especially on d1, but since I have two votes now I might as well explain myself. In my experience, the best thing a town player can do is provide seer cover (not sure what you guys call this role), especially on d1. I decided to abandon that play once we started getting legitimate discussion going.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Speak of the devil. Hi, NR! Who scum?

I still prefer Jedit over anyone else's that's getting voted.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

The post of mine that you are quoting was made almost 12 hours ago. You’ve only just now addressed it, even though you have been active throughout the day. I understand it is late where you live, but I gave you plenty of time to respond to my post, and you failed to do it. Instead, you made this post, threw out a vote for me, and resigned for the day. How exactly does this help our situation?

The reason for my “summarizing’ post was to attempt to make sense of the activity on the previous page, since there was clearly some confusion with all the votes flying around. This (IMO) marked the end of shitposting and the start of scum hunting, and was worth dissecting. JFisk’s honeypot post/kasumat vote makes me think that fisk doesn’t know anything about kasumat’s role/alignment. Similarly, it seems unlikely that kasumat has any info on Jfisk, and was simply acting defensive when he voted for Jfisk.

What sticks out to me, above everything else is vector-to’s JFisk vote, which (as he just stated) others pointed out as scummy before I did in my post.
Thank you for making words about thoughts I hadn't found words for.

##vote vector_to

yuming posted:

(1) Well the gist of the case is vectors vote on Fisk and then unvote, which happens just after b made that town read post.
Yeah, there's a lot of little things that are kind of messy in vector's play. That you can't throw a dart at a case on him without hitting another valid point is exceedingly damning.

yuming posted:

(2) I'd ask you to look at Chic again, she is back and posting I agree but it is coming off scummy to me. It reads like she picked a vote and worked backwards on the reasoning. Hollow, scummy ~bad feeling~ lemme throw in all the buzzwords.
I just don't see it. Her points seem valid, really. Not that I agree with them, to me Kasu's awkwardness reads as inexperienced town trying too hard, but I can understand them.

yuming posted:

(3) idk Rangoon is always snipey. I guess I think Jedit's naked vote in response to the votecount with a vote on the vote leader is worse--
Hrm. Didn't know that. Still like my vector vote, though. Might have to reconsider where I'd go next if that's not viable, for whatever reason.

Preview Edit

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

I still prefer Jedit over anyone else's that's getting voted.
Nope, never mind, back into it again. Would definitely vote NR.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
HEY GO READ CHIC

I think she is scummy because
  • sideline/hand wringing comments early game (1) (2) (3) that lament a lack of content with no honest push to create it

• she receives minor pressure to post and then makes a vote (4) to me this reads like scum working backwards / feels very black and white / little curiosity for the ~grey area~ of alignment

• (5) is a follow up on Chic's earlier suspicion of wheredashimapansat (5) this also comes off as very hollow scummy / picked a read and stuck to it not divergent trying to figure out the game

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
No I think Rangoon has a point that Jedit vote is one of the most egregiously bad posts in the game

voting the vote leader after vote count with no explanation~

I would vote Chic, Jedit and vector a t m

I don't think I will be awake until the moment of deadline F Y I

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

yuming posted:

HEY GO READ CHIC
I did. :shrug:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This has been a nice game so far, thanks everyone for such a nice game aww :sun:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I would be very interested in knowing chic's thoughts on vector-to, and vice versa

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

This has been a nice game so far, thanks everyone for such a nice game aww :sun:

Yes all very friendly

I guess I would vote chic but she still hasn't said much so it's hard to know if she's scummy or distracted

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack has good reads usually, so I'd be ok with Jedit too. Jedits hard for me to read

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

yuming posted:

HEY GO READ CHIC

I think she is scummy because
  • sideline/hand wringing comments early game (1) (2) (3) that lament a lack of content with no honest push to create it

• she receives minor pressure to post and then makes a vote (4) to me this reads like scum working backwards / feels very black and white / little curiosity for the ~grey area~ of alignment

• (5) is a follow up on Chic's earlier suspicion of wheredashimapansat (5) this also comes off as very hollow scummy / picked a read and stuck to it not divergent trying to figure out the game

Isn't she usually like this anyway?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't disagree that she doesn't seem crazy different than usual, but her posts remind me of my own scum play which is part of why I'm so pumped about the case. I know when I am busy I feel tired and don't want to play mafia either, but if I am town I usually have a couple of tangents to follow-- or at least some novel idea. When I am scum I feel like I am more likely to follow up on the same point I made a minor comment about before and then find something obvious to tack on. That's what I'm seeing now.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
guys?

what do we do

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

yuming posted:

I don't disagree that she doesn't seem crazy different than usual, but her posts remind me of my own scum play which is part of why I'm so pumped about the case. I know when I am busy I feel tired and don't want to play mafia either, but if I am town I usually have a couple of tangents to follow-- or at least some novel idea. When I am scum I feel like I am more likely to follow up on the same point I made a minor comment about before and then find something obvious to tack on. That's what I'm seeing now.

I see what you're saying but I think that could just as likely be lazy town play.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
if im not mistaken there is a 3 way tie between kasumeat and vector-to , with 3 votes each. I have 2 votes. Fisk has 1. Chic trombone has 2. yuming has 1, Jedit has 1.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

I like Jedit & I think I would be very happy with wheredash as well. He's been really lurky & his one real post come across super weird, combative, OMGUSy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Okay good night thread.

##vote vector

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

##vote vector

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote vector

L-1 i think?

Would prefer jfisk or trombone, but still ok with this. His willingness to appease others, i could see in really newb town, but i see 6 games played, and i don't expect to see town to still play like that.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
##vote vector

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Oh and jedit too, he's probably scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye vector_to!

Votecount for Day 1

vector_to (7): b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, PMush Perfect, yuming, Nutsack Rangoon, Kasumeat, Jamuraan
Kasumeat (3): Jonathan Fisk, Chic Trombone, Jedit
b-minus1 (1): Jamuraan, vector_to, Jamuraan
yuming (1): LupusAter, LupusAter, LupusAter
Chic Trombone (1): wheredashimapansat, yuming, yuming
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Jonathan Fisk (0): Jedit, Jedit, Kasumeat, vector_to, vector_to, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, Kasumeat
LupusAter (0): PMush Perfect, Jedit, Jedit, PMush Perfect
Jamuraan (0): vector_to, vector_to
Jedit (0): Nutsack Rangoon, Nutsack Rangoon
PMush Perfect (0): Jamuraan, yuming, yuming, Jamuraan

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 12 minutes.

• Locked thread