Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hello friends. My apartment is being renovated for the next week or so, which means only phone posting until it's done.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

We used to have Applebee's in Toronto but then they closed down because they didn't get enough business. That's my story I hope you've enjoyed it.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I don't like that post by yuming, I don't agree with her assessment of pmush. I don't like the case much, but it's a NAI bad case for me though.

Nutsack's "he's town"statement actually comes from town a lot more often IMO, not a lot of scum have the balls to drop a strong read like that early for basically no reason. That said, if I'm wrong and nutsack is scum, I think it's more likely that he's trying to defend a townPmush for towncred then protect a scumbroPmush with such a lazy defence.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

That said I don't think I've ever seen an effort post by nutsack so maybe he's capable of defending a scumbro like that. Though i doubt it.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

yuming posted:

What is a NAI bad case?

Non-alignment-indicative. Meaning, while I don't like the case, I don't feel that it's more likely to come from scum or town.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

LupusAter posted:

I get that pleading noobishness is probably frowned upon, but I wanted to get the lay of the land during the first day before committing a major faux pas. If I may advance an obsevation, Yuming seems a bit quick to declare people scum. I dunno if she's overeager or covering for herself, but I think I won't vote this round.

Just in case you are actually newb town:

It's important to vote at least once each Day. Not lynching is very bad for town and it's quite common on day 1. And also it helps us sort you out later when we have to figure out whether you're scum or not. The more info you put out there, the better.

Moreover, it's better to just post your thoughts. If you're new, people will take that into account if you post something dumb. Just don't lie and you'll avoid 99% of the dumb mistakes that new townies make.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

vector_to posted:

Ok but y tho

Yes, please do explain. Because right now it just looks like scum trying to discretely start a wagon on one of the most active townies, while hoping another Townie will make the case against me in order to give scum more ammo when I flip town.

[B]##vote jfisk[b]

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote jfisk

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also agree with scum vibes from trombone, but jfisk is worse.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'm going to cite that as my evidence

And more of the same. Ask yourself, is jfisk trying to solve the game right now? Or rather is he just throwing out some cryptic nonsense that he's hoping will cause town to implode on itself?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Cryptic is the wrong word. More like contentless.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jfisk, any reads other than me at the moment?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I've had a few glasses of wine, pardon any typos.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not going to do the thinking for you. My vote should be understandable with a moments review of the page prior, and kasumeat's response should be self evident in its scumminess

And here is jfisk doubling down on no-content posting. Literally none of his posts express any thought process or reasoning, it's just smug superiority and "I'm better than you at Mafia, are you seriously not going to listen to me?" bullying. The lack of thought process expressed about how he's coming to these conclusions really does indicate to me that he is indeed not going through a thought process, but rather just scum pushing an agenda.

Hal is being weird. I've played with him 2 or 3 times with him as town and once as scum, and I can't recall him ever expressing an opinion this strong this early. Not sure what that means about his alignment.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

vector_to posted:

I was applying pressure because fisk was being deliberately obtuse, that's all.

If you honestly believe he was being deliberately obtuse, why are you OK with that?

vector_to posted:

Now I know what he's getting at, which is Kasumeat's circular posting last page, it serves no purpose. I apologise for playing fast and loose with my vote.

That's a fair criticism. I was thinking out loud. But look at the intention of how he approached this. Was he trying to sort me? Or just get me lynched?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

http://votefinder.org/game/millennials-are-killing#votecount

12 hours left, no wagon with more than 2 votes. Can we please do something? I would strongly prefer jfisk but will happily vote trombone too.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I didn't like Kasumeat's Mafia dadding and wanted to see how he'd respond to pressure

This is also scummy as gently caress. I'm not saying you should give me town cred for what I did. It's NAI as it's equally common for both scum and town to mafia dad, setup spec, and other similar "just making it clear that we're all aware of this"stuff. But to actually push somebody for doing it comes from scum 90%of the time. Again, jfisk isn't trying to game solve. He's looking for an excuse to lunch people. He says he didn't like my response, but again, there's no explanation or reason here. He doesn't give one because there isn't one other than he's scum. My response was to clearly explain why his push on me is scum motivated.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

all bluster

doubling down on OMGUS is a bad look.

Unlike you, i don't give a gently caress about how i look. I'm trying to solce the game, not look good.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

@Hal, what are your reasons for TRing jfisk?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

In that case I'll try to use fewer colloquialisms.

I was implying that your behavior was scummy because you're re-enforcing a claim that seems mostly grounded in the fact I voted for you and wouldn't tell you why.

I understand your coloquialism, I'm implying that your choice of words unconsciously reflects your scum mindset. Scum are always concerned with how they look. Town, much less so. It's far from a slam dunk on its own, I certainly admit, but I think it's a little more likely to come from scum than town.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't think that's an accurate assumption at all, good town will want to look towny because them being cuddled is a detriment to town overall since it makes the scum wincon easier to achieve

Also the "clearly you care about how you look but i don't care how I look" is basically saying "look at me i am so town right now" which tbh makes your entire argument hypocritical

y'know who are huge hypocrites? scum

##vote Kasumeat

That's fair to an extent, even if it is textbook WIFOM. To say I don't care at all about my image is an exaggeration. But the key difference is that it's not the focus of my posting, whereas for scum it is. I don't mind taking heat, even getting lunched, if it ultimately progresses the town agenda. You may play town differently, but that's how I do it, and it works well enough for me.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

And @trombone, same question I asked Hal: why do you TR jfisk?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

That's fair to an extent, even if it is textbook WIFOM. To say I don't care at all about my image is an exaggeration. But the key difference is that it's not the focus of my posting, whereas for scum it is. I don't mind taking heat, even getting lunched, if it ultimately progresses the town agenda. You may play town differently, but that's how I do it, and it works well enough for me.

And if there's anyone who thinks I'm full of poo poo, just look at my posts on Nutsack. If I was scum, no question, I wouldn't have made that addendum. If i was scum and nutsack town, obviously I would've just let my first suspicions sit without adding the caveat. If i was scum and nutsack scum, I wouldn't have pointed a finger of suspicion so early and then immediately contradicted myself. It makes me look scummy, and him too.

The only reason for me to post like I posted is I was posting legit stream of consciousness as town. When i thought more carefully about my read on nutsack,i realised it was questionable, and made everyone aware of that, even if it makes me look worse. Because that's how I play town.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

Pretty much the same as Hal - I've seen Taste play like this and be town a ton of times

also I'm trapped at a fundraiser at a bar with poo poo music for the next couple hours send help, or at least better music

And how does his play this game differ from his scum play? Does he ever start contributing as town?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm going out drinking now, will try to hop back on by deadline

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote vector

L-1 i think?

Would prefer jfisk or trombone, but still ok with this. His willingness to appease others, i could see in really newb town, but i see 6 games played, and i don't expect to see town to still play like that.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Oh and jedit too, he's probably scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

And why would you reveal this now? If you're both town, you've just outed both of you to Mafia

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jfisks claim really doesn't make any sense from a town perspective, but it makes even less sense from scum. I guess I feel a little better now, but I do really hate letting players slide on "too scummy to be scum."

Trombone still makes sense as scum, and Jedit even moreso. If me vs Fisk is TvT, he played it exactly like scum would. No scumhunting at all, all his posts are just uh-huhing and one obvious setup observation.

##vote jedit

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I have a feeling this game isn't going to progress without this happening.

##vote where
Note that I'm not saying you have to claim if you have a legit reason not to. But start playing the game.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote jedit

I will say though, it's very strange to catch scum with a watcher on n1. You almost never see a watcher without a ninja to counter it, and you would almost always use a ninja to make the n1 kill. I'm not totally convinced there isn't something fishy here.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jedit posted:

I'm not scum. My power is to remove people from the game for one night and day. I can't do it to the same person twice, though.

This is an easy claim to test: if Nutsack doesn't return to the game, I'm lying.

/unvote for now.

So to be clear, he'll be back for the next game day?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##unvote

Do not lunch jedit today. If nutsack is not back tomorrow, we lunch him then.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Or scum shot him too. i assume your ability Wood take precedence and save him

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Nutsack Rangoon, ???, ??? Aligned ???, seems to have vanished N1

It is now D2

This wording strongly suggests that jedit is telling the truth. It would also explain the lack of flip.

yuming posted:

I hate to use a dead post but Rangoon DID make a post about being dead.

It's possible he doesn't know he's still alive.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I disagree. There's very little cost to waiting one day, but a fairly big downside if we mislynch Jedit.

##vote where
Besides, I don't want where getting a free ride for another day.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jedit posted:

A possibility did occur to me last night, though: I might have stopped Nutsack performing the NK rather than being the target of it.

Both of these are actually nearly equally likely.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Meaning Nutsack is a very strong scum candidate.

And FFS we are not killing Jedit today. It's very early the game, we have the luxury of several days left, let's make use of them.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

jedit, I mean mathematically speaking.

b-minus1 posted:

Hey Fisk, do you hve any idea where your mason buddy could be? tell him to come back to the game.

You make people come back to the game by voting them. You seem to have no actual interest in getting him back though, just in talking about it.

b-minus1 posted:

That's gotta be frustrating - having the unique ability to communicate outside of the thread, only to have a silent partner in the game. Though to be fair, you don't seem to enjoy your role too much either, since you hadn't reached out to him as of n1. Have you had a chance to contact him during d2?

Hmm yes I'm sure the person putting zero effort into this game is really upset about this.

God the are so loving many scummy people this game, it's going to be a nightmare to solve.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

To all of you on the Jedit wagon: will you still want to lunch him if nutsack comes back tomorrow?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm starting to think this game is some sort of performance art piece where everyone is in on it except me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

For the record, I've only played with a janitor once, and it was clearly still a kill. Maybe I'm letting that colour my view here, but the wording is different from how I've seen it work before.

I do think there's a very good chance that Jedit is scum, but I think the cost of waiting another day is very low compared to the potential benefit of avoiding a mislynch. We literally have a 100%chance of knowing his alignment tomorrow. The cost is actually nearly zero if we have a jailer or RB. I would have to be like 95%confident to lunch a player this early if we knew his alignment was getting revealed tomorrow, and I'm not that confident.

• Locked thread