Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

Twice more did Sphar invoke his sight beyond sight, at the point of the invocation of the ways and at the point of the end of their path. In neither case was he surprised by what he saw. For now, he was content to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fragrant Autumn Leaves

It very well could be a trap, Fragrant Autumn Leaves realized, but what choice did they have? They had given a gift of trust to the other, and it was time to see if he would reciprocate.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

The heroes waited for a while while their victim-cum-guide gave his offerings. Almost half an hour later, he came back, told them that they had been granted an audience. Then he turned, drew a sign on the door in chalk, and opened into a large room, empty of people. The floor was... cobblestone? and the room was overflowing with slimy, muddy trash. In the middle, a large pit full of slimy, stinky trash. As you enter, the trash swirls around, becoming a.... swirl of trash? with two eyes. The swirl slowly shrinks, compacts, into a humanoid shape, even one with soft skin, and a natural looking body, but consisting entirely of condensed trash and mud. It looks at you and asks, with a surprisingly feminine voice. "yes? I am unending gutters; i hear you seek an audience. What do you wish of me?"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

Sphar Kell kept his sorcerous eyes open, and his rustic mouth shut.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Nice Kien

Kien hesitates. Well, this is awkward. She doesn't know what to do in this situation when stabbing is not an option.

She glances around the room just to check. No. No one seems to be stabbing. She isn't entirely sure how you go about stabbing a being made of trash, although memories of a former life seem to be floating at the edges of her mind, suggesting several possible ways.

Offhandedly, Nice Kien starts to count the pieces of trash making up the god. It's a difficult task, but if you divide the entire mass into sections of proportionate size and count the number of visible trash objects in each section and then apply a simple algorithm to deduce the number of unseen trash objects based on the god's visible topography...

"Sixty six thousand, four hundred and fifty one," Kien says. "Why are you trying to destroy the city?"

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

"What?" says the god, swelling in size with trash flowing into him from the pit. "you ask for an audience only to insult me? Who are you who would dare insult Unending Gutters?"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

With a sigh, he broke his silence.

"She is mistaken, O Unending Gutters. You have been treated exceptionally poorly, and assaulted in a manner that no-one should accept, least of all a God. That which has assailed you, trying to keep its influence hidden, is that which my colleague insults and opposes. Would you like me to make things clear?"

He paused, to see if that had mollified it at all.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

The god turns to Sphar, and, for a moment, is about to reply. Then, some strange siezure takes it, and afterwards, it seems to be... calmer? more in control, at least. "I do not know of what nonsense you speak, but you have Erred greatly in insulting me! "Then, the god turns to Kien "What oblations will you offer to make right your insult and seek forgiveness, mortal?"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

Noting the convulsion,

"And there it is. O Unending Gutters, I beseech you, fight it. It has a network of dark sinews of forbidden power throughout your form. You are a God, it seeks to make a puppet of you. Do not let it do so, for that is a level of demeaning debasement that one of your stature and power should never tolerate."

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Unending gutters turns to look at Sphar, quizzically, but before she can open her mouth, she convulses violently again, and, afterwards, simply brushes him off. "You speak nonsense" is all she says before turning back to Kien.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Kien looks around in perplexity. Why are people so angry about such a simple and straightforward question? Ah. Perhaps it is because her question was less than scrupulously accurate. That is indeed a sin.

"I am Nice Kien," she says, "a monk of the Numbered Fates. I beg pardon for being less than perfectly accurate in my inquiry. You see, we were informed by a third party that actions undertaken by members of your group, knowingly or unknowingly, are currently endangering the city and its environs. As we live in the city, we find this disconcerting."

"We simply seek to know who's actions are endangering the city, and why. Starting at the top seemed like the simplest and most straightforward method. So let me rephrase: do you know who is trying to destroy the city, and why?" There. Certainly no one can object to that.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fragrant Autumn Leaves

Fallen Autumn Leaves bows deeply, "You have my most eminent apologies, oh most noble Lady, Mistress of the Veins of the City and Mother of Civilization. My companions are overwhelmed as they have never spoken to a goddess before, and they are thus most crude and vulgar, their words not fit for Your Divine Ears. I beg you, most Noble Queen of the City's Foundations, forgive me my insolence in speaking such, but we are most afraid, and seek your aid and mercy, Oh Most Compassionate One. You cure the City of its ills by expelling all that is poisonous and unhealthy, but now there is a new pollution that needs your righteous purging. Please, oh Great Princess of the Gutters, may I go on?"

Trying to instill a positive intimacy towards myself/the team. 6 successes

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

The god turns to Fragrant Autumn leaves, obviously pleased by the flattery. "Ah, Well then. Perhaps we can..." Then, again, shetwiches and cunvulses, and turns from Fragrant Leaves, brushing him off. Before she's turned all the way away, however, she turns back, a confused look in her face. "Wait... what... just..." but before she can finish, another culvulsion hits her and she falls to her knees. She looks up at fragrant leaves, wordlessly mouthing 'help me' as a shadow overtakes her entire body. The slimy mud begins sizzeling and bubbeling, welling up from inside her and boiling over in huge clumps. These form themselves into creatures, as large as large wolves, made of darkness, mud and trash. So far, just two, but the goddess is continually convulsing and bubbeling, and more of her spils over and begins shaping itself. The creatures advance menacingly towards you, muttering in some unknown language.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Wolf of the Pits

Wolf strides forward bringing his great shining spear to bear, and yet at the same time he radiates majesty and confidence as he seeks to empower the distressed goddess and bring forth its righteous anger against the power that seeks to control and pervert her.

"Great and noble goddess, you must RESIST, You must resist that which seeks to control your majestic form. When its attempts to control you and oppress your thinking with the silken thread of lies and the hidden chains in gifts it whispered to you failed it has revealed its true nature and sought to lay you low with its dark power. BUT YOU HAVE THE POWER. You can fight this, you can help us to achieve victory over this threat to you, this threat to Wu-Jian!, this threat to CREATION!. FIGHT OH NOBLE GODDESS AGAINST ITS LIES AND AID US IN FREEING YOU!." a golden circle appeared emblazoned on Wolfs brow as he makes this speech, evident to all shining through his armors helm.

(So rolling presence to instill feelings of righteous anger in our goddess there against the forces controlling her, throwing on a 6 mote excellency to my presence for 18 dices.)

9 sux

(not sure it will do anything but hey, exalts gonna exalt)

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Beneath the layers of darkness and goo welling up and spilling over, the goddess shudders, and tries to rise, disrupting the flow of black slime welling over and forming new creatures. A third creature has emerged while wolf spoke.

Each creature is the size of a large, angry wolf, and they continually incant the same words in unison. They advance for a moment the air is tense with anticipation, and then the first slimey trash creature attacks Wolf. Its jaws unhinge as it flies towards you, opening up to reveal a deep, empty abyss inside of it. As it does, the other dogs move to attack as well.

Creepy wolf join battle: 7d10x7 3
Creepy wolf join battle: 7d10x7 0
Creepy wolf join battle: 7d10x7 4

The wolf-thigs attack, with an initiative of 6, 3 and 7, respectively. The first one gets to resolve its attack before combat proper. You can do social stuff in combat, but it takes the round or need to be flurried.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Nice Kien

Ahh. This is rude. So far as Kien can tell, they were having a productive discussion about the nature of power and hierarchy and the position of the god of alleys and anathema vis a vis their relative positions in said hierarchy, and then battle has to go ahead and break out. Kien chooses to see this as a tacit admission of loss on Unending Gutters' part of the argument.

What actually happens is that Kien sighs and steps sideways into her own shadow, whereupon she simply vanishes. Her shadow remains in place for a heartbeat longer and then it too flickers and is gone.

spending10 m personal: Blinding Battle Feint + Stealth Excellency = 10 successes. Kien's initiative is 13.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fragrant Autumn Leaves

Fragrant Autumn Leaves eyes the wolf things warily. He, admittedly, doesn't have much experience with giant demonic wolf creatures, but he can't think they're exactly a good thing. Seeing them about to charge, he instinctively brings his gun up.

Join Battle: 8d10x7 5 Initiative of 8
Spending 2 motes on Cloud of Ebon Devils to draw and aim.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 15, 2017

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wolf of the Pits

As the slime wolf leap for him, Wolf begins to spin his great spear through a blocking routine, growing, larger... and grimmer perhaps as he does so.

(join battle roll is 3+3 for 6 I'll be dropping harmonious presence and activating white reaper form as a reflexive action due to being in I will assume close range of 3 non-trival opponents.)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

He closed his eyes and nodded his head fractionally, softly saying, "We hear your plea, O Goddess, and will render such aid as we can."

He opened his eyes, and they blazed with the brazen radiance of the sun in descent, with the image of that aspect of Sol etched in golden light upon his serene brow, With a swift movement of his arm, he cast his voluminous cloak aside, giving all but a couple of those present their first look at what lay beneath:

The unmistakable gleam of orichalcum shone from head to toe as the artifact armor known as End-To-Loss was revealed, every plate and join and seam meticulously made by Sphar Kell's own hand. His arm completed its motion, raising the helm that had been concealed at his waist to cover his features, before reaching back to grasp at the bundle at his back, drawing it forth and shaking it free of its binding with practised ease. No bright gleam here, but a massive blade, impractically huge if not for the ease with which its artificer wielded it, its finely honed edges of burnished Starmetal, around a crystalline core which sparkled with energetic potential. Bringing the blade through a swift but elegant mudra, he held it poised en garde, ready to strike these hounds of darkness with Vision-Of-What-Can-Still-Be.

Spending 5 motes on excellency to join battle. 8+3=11

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 15, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Sofia

Having remained silent up til that point, Sofia swiftly drew her blade, fully intent on slaying these strange creatures. As soon as her sword was drawn, she felt at one with it, ready to strike.

Join Battle (10m): 10+3=13

Also spending 10m reflextively to activate Single Point Shining Into the Void Form.

Join Battle (sword): 9+3=12

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 15, 2017

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fragrant Autumn Leaves

He inhales slowly as the gun comes up. To control ones breath, ones heartbeat, ones self while firing is the ultimate goal. To shoot; to shoot well, is an art, and while others, the masters of sword and spear look down on the firewand, leaves knows it is a true discipline indeed. He exhales and fires, spitting fire out at one of the beasts.

Withering attack, close range. Spending 3 motes on Kiss of the Sun Concentration. Total 14 dice

Making gun go boom: 14d10x7 10

10 successes

Attacking Demon Wolf 2
Damage: 17d10x7 11 11 successes.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 17, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Nice Kien

Kien extends the hidden blades of her wrist-razors with a casual flick of her hand. They slide out as easily as a cat's claws: Sphare-mail does very good work. She bides her time in the shadow of a pile of junk, thankful that the God's nature provided so many convenient hiding places. As the wolf approaches Wolf in a lunge of teeth and claws, she explodes upwards out of the junk in a trashy explosion, driving her blade up into the wolf's neck from below.

Activating shadow-slitting throat atemi plus 4 dice of excellency. http://orokos.com/roll/551282 11 successes. 9+4d10 = 13 Damage

The trash-wolf dissolves around her blade as Kien neatly severs its knot of essence, and Kien steps forward over its slimy decomposing remains, wiping her hands on her tunic. "I saved Wolf from a wolf. This is a pun, or play on words."

New Initiative is 6

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 22, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

Trusting his companions to do with the wolves of foulness, he turned his attention to the imperilled Goddess, and to the shadow which had foully consumed her and which was abusing her divine form to whelp these pups. He shifted his grip on his Daiklaive, looking at Unending Gutters through the crystalline core, and focused his will upon that which sought to misuse her for this vileness.

His anima blazed with the glory of the bygone age, rising up as a colossal firebird, encompassing the sorceror-solar in its incandescence. His eyes were like suns, seeking out the shadowy darkness of the corruption. The artifact blade in his hands glowed near as bright, as he carved it through the unresisting air, etching sigils of ancient power that lingered there, making symbolic cuts and gestures of severance to oppose that which puppeted the Goddess.

Distortion attempt against the shadowstuff corrupting Unending Gutters, with a 10-mote excellency: 12 successes

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Sofia

The energy within Sofia flowed quickly and freely, her anima roaring to life in a vaguely minotaur-ish shape, terrifying and regal in equal proportion. Stepping in swiftly, she tested the waters with a few exploratory swipes of her daikatana on the third wolf, feeling out a good rhythm. As soon as she detected an opportunity, she focused her power into a more deliberate attack, putting her body's (admittedly light) weight into a powerful swing. The dark blade passed through the strange wolf's body, darkened even further by the fresh coat of slime on it.

A quick check confirmed two things: the wolf was standing, but clearly hurt, and her sword was going to need to be thoroughly washed after this.

Sofia's withering attack: 10
Sofia's withering damage: 5
Sword's Shining Starfall Execution: 7
Sword's decisive damage: 6

Sofia's initiative: 19
Sword's initiative: 4

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 18, 2017

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wolf of the Pits

As the wolf that tried to clamp its jaws upon him breaks apart into wisps of smoke from Kien's strike Wolf strides towards the wolf that has been wounded seriously by the strike of the newly meet Sofia to finish it off. He leaps forward turning the spin of his spear into a mighty thrust that the swirling black beast barely avoids being ran straight through by.

Wolfs Withering Strike 6
Wolfs Witherin Damage 1

INIT 8

I have failed to CRASH WOLF

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

The wolves attack, howling with fury. One towards Sphar, who turned at the exactly correct and ordained moment and batted it away; the one smittin by her blade, jumped at sophia and while its claws did not hit her, it drove her back and the wolf regained a little of its footing despite its injury, while the other, the one that faced sphar, was still off-balance and and in a bad position.

Meanwhile, the goddess roared in defiance against the black darkness as sphar's golden light and sigils of severance and abjuration drove it back. Black, slimy, goo still poured from her body, and some shaped itself into another wolf, but as it did, the godess struck at it as best she could, still captured by her own body, and the flow of black slime stopped for a moment, and the wolf was only half-formed, like a runt. The thing moved towards the wounded wolf, but did not seem to with to attack its enemies, not for now, at least.

Wolf initiatives:

Wolf 2: -8
Wolf 3: 6
Runt: 3

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Nice Kien

No one appeared to be appreciating Kien's clever use of the word Wolf and its double meanings. How rude. How lacking in symmetry. Still, it was Calibration, so she supposed she should be forgiving. She circled to one of the wounded wolves, ignoring the pup. Kien sidesteped the wolf's clumsy lunge, leaving behind shadowy aftereffects as her anima flared with ghostly ebon tendrils. She lunged, carrying the shadows with her, as she harried the wolf with quick strikes from her wrist-blades, driving it toward the others and exposing its vulnerable underbelly.

Resolved in combat channel: Kien does 8 withering damage and sends Wolf 3 into initiative crash. Kien's new initiative is 20

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 23, 2017

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wolf of the Pits

As Kien flips the wolf that just narrowly avoided death by Wolf's previous blow, Wolf stomps down with his armored boot on the leg of his target to pin it, while his body glowing with anima twists into performing a massive backswing with his spear to rip open the exposed belly of his prey.

Attack 6 hits
Damage 1 hit

Reset to 3 init

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 23, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sphar Kell

He looked on with satisfaction as the Goddess fought back against her defilement, and turned his attention to the wolf that had tried to interrupt his working. With the light of solar sorcery in his gaze, he sought to divine its true nature, the very heart and aspect and core of its being, using that to guide his great daiklave in a single, perfect blow, aiming to end all that it was, golden light streaming into and through the crystalline centre.

Decisive attack. Spending 3 motes on excellent strike and 3 motes on fire and stones strike. 4 successes translating to 4 points of lethal damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fragrant Autumn Leaves

Opening himself up to the flow of essence in the world, the magistrate forces out all distractions, and with well trained hands reloads and aims his weapon, almost automatically.

Spending 3 motes on Cloud of Ebon Devils to reload and aim

• Locked thread