Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Mens testes

People say General, but Skruf is the best snus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Mens testes

People say General, but Skruf is the best snus.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Lol wow

Let's instead post about ops poor spending habits

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?lang=en-gb

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Someone

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jeffrey... This isn't the lunch thread

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

gently caress dude it was funny before, now I just don't know what in the hell

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
monstergeddon forums are leaking through

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Not exactly own, but I gave my ex-girlfriend a neclace made of mammoth ivory. At least I hope it was that, and not cow bone passed off as ivory.

My landlord has a huge selection of coins from antiquity, with everything on them from Alexander, to Seleucid kings, to emblems of Greek city states, to Indo-Greeks and Bactrians.

Actually Ettan is the best snus btw.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Unsure who this is

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQ_Ac0uQr0

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Here is a cool old Japanese spear head fro around the mid 1600s

It was mad by a dude Named Fujiwara Kunetaki and he lived in Yamato provence.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

This is pretty rad.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just have some old surplus military rifles. I doubt any of them have any historical significance. It is cool seeing the hammer and sickle on my Russian M44 though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Honky Dong Country posted:

This is a lovely phone picture of Bones from around Christmas time.

He's not historical or even particularly special but he is the coolest piece of loot I ever got from vacant apartments while I was doing apartment maintenance for five years. He has random poo poo I found around the same period around his neck and his skirt is literally a wee little fake velcro Santa beard I put around his boney waist. He chills out near my computer next to whatever beer cans I haven't thrown out yet in a given night as you can see from the twin Yuengling tallboys.

owns

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
SHOW AND TELL!?!?!

Now I'm anxiously waiting for my camera to charge.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
These are two prints from a minor French turn-of-the-20th-century artist named Guy-Pierre Fauconnet. They're from sometime during World War 1 and mock the German war effort and the warmongering effect of Prussian "kultur."

There's a few other known examples in this series, with 250 prints made of each, but I've never been able to track any down.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Those are awesome :wth:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Not super historical but I own the shoes Goran Dragic was wearing when he did this to the Spurs in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

Probably my favorite sports memory

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This is a 1939 American Stove Company "Magic Chef" stove.

I live in an area that is pretty much surrounded by pretty rural-ness. Out in the boonies they have this gigantic three day long garage sale and my wife and I decided to go. We stopped at this trailer home on a basically unmaintained piece of property and immediately noticed it. After some haggling with the rather methy looking folks they settled at $65.

I got it home and started doing some research. This thing turns out to be super versatile. Back when this thing was made not everyone had access to natural gas so alot of folks used propane to power their gas burning stoves. Because of this, this stove came with valves at the end of each burner to change the flow from natural gas to propane. The only thing I had to change was the orrifices and disable the flame-thrower lighting mechanism and this stove is ready to become my outdoor summer canning and cooking staion.

We're in the process of rearranging our back porch to turn it into an outdoor kitchen so It's not entirely assembled but here is the stove itself:

And here are the burners and connecting hardware:

The valves all work:

And the oven and broiler are both in fully working order:

All that's left is to get a propane tank and fire it up!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You'll be able to cook the hell out some meth with that

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blue Train posted:

You'll be able to cook the hell out some meth with that

Well, geez. I was just gonna can jam but now that you mention it...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

This is a 1939 American Stove Company "Magic Chef" stove.

I live in an area that is pretty much surrounded by pretty rural-ness. Out in the boonies they have this gigantic three day long garage sale and my wife and I decided to go. We stopped at this trailer home on a basically unmaintained piece of property and immediately noticed it. After some haggling with the rather methy looking folks they settled at $65.

I got it home and started doing some research. This thing turns out to be super versatile. Back when this thing was made not everyone had access to natural gas so alot of folks used propane to power their gas burning stoves. Because of this, this stove came with valves at the end of each burner to change the flow from natural gas to propane. The only thing I had to change was the orrifices and disable the flame-thrower lighting mechanism and this stove is ready to become my outdoor summer canning and cooking staion.

We're in the process of rearranging our back porch to turn it into an outdoor kitchen so It's not entirely assembled but here is the stove itself:

And here are the burners and connecting hardware:

The valves all work:

And the oven and broiler are both in fully working order:

All that's left is to get a propane tank and fire it up!

Excellent work and I wish I had one of those for making pickles when I visit my dad. Good buy, good sense.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Honky Dong Country posted:

This is a lovely phone picture of Bones from around Christmas time.

He's not historical or even particularly special but he is the coolest piece of loot I ever got from vacant apartments while I was doing apartment maintenance for five years. He has random poo poo I found around the same period around his neck and his skirt is literally a wee little fake velcro Santa beard I put around his boney waist. He chills out near my computer next to whatever beer cans I haven't thrown out yet in a given night as you can see from the twin Yuengling tallboys.

The beer cans make it look like a shrine to some grim god of christmas.

10/10

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Recently I picked up my grandma's old machine when I was at my parent's place:

I thought it had to be absolutely ancient but apparently they made it until '78 :ussr:. So I'm not sure exactly how old it is, there is a serial number but I haven't found any lookup database and supposedly they were reset occasionally anyway.

Weighs as much as my desktop PC, although I suppose if you spin the handle fast enough, it could achieve comparable number of operations per second. Despite of the massive weight, the actual build quality is not that great, some of the machining is actually pretty nasty and a few of the registers slip and don't count correctly but I'll try to repair it later at some point.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, one more.

I am a huge fan of old books and have a ton of them hanging around my house. You could say I collect them. This first group of books was actually a score off the floor of a bookstore for $2.50 a pop. These are minus volume VII the last volumes of set of Shakespeare's complete works printed in the 1800's:

I don't dust often

Here is the title page of volume VI:

And the copyright and contents pages:

The next two are books that were traded to me by an antique dealer who needed some lamps rewired. I'll add that along with these I also recieved a 5th Edition Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers printed in the early 20's. I digress, these are 1958 Allied Company radio repair and building handbooks:

These aren't as old as the Shakespeare but they are so graphically neat that I found the trade to be totally worth it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Here is a thing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blue Train posted:

Here is a thing

10:15pm: WHAT IS COMMUNISM?

:lol:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

MettleRamiel posted:

I used to repair wheelchairs and such for work. I had one client with MS who our company took on after all the other mobility dealers in town had written her off as too difficult to handle. She was a three hour drive away so she understood that any work she needed would not be timely, but she had no other choice. She immediately warmed up to me because I was good at my job, I didn't bullshit her with stuff she didn't need like all the other companies did and I fixed a ton of stuff that they had done wrong.

In her foyer, she had a glass case with all these awesome hand sculpted and hand painted ceramics of birds, raccoons, marmots, moose, all kinds of animals. They were awesome. I always admired them, but even more so when she told me that she made them all herself. She never sold them, gave very few away, just made them for herself and put them on display to any visitors. Unfortunately, MS being the bullshit that it is, she was no longer able to make these things. She couldn't even sign her name anymore. She hated that she couldn't make them anymore and she would often look at them longingly.

When I was moving to a new city, she gave me this family of ducks here. I told her I couldn't accept them because she could never make them again and I knew how much that upset her, but she insisted.

When I was leaving, her daughter who lived in the basement saw me with the ducks and accused me of stealing them. She said that there was no way that she would give away one of her most prized possessions to some kid who fixed her chair a handful of times a year when she's been asking for one for years. She flipped out when her mom confirmed that she did indeed give them to me.

lovely camera phone does not do these things justice

Jesus, the daughter must have been some kind of insufferable if the mother wouldn't even give her a duck but the nice wheelchair repair person gets a flock.

Sweet ducks dude

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

This is where the uniform came from

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Flyball posted:

This is where the uniform came from

I think you win the thread. That is a loving cool treasure trove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

I think you win the thread. That is a loving cool treasure trove.

I don't know about that first part, but it's cool stuff.

• Locked thread