Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Match You Are Most Looking Forward To?
This poll is closed.
Johnny Gargano vs Andrade "Cien" Almas 4 6.56%
Aleister Black vs. Hideo Itami 21 34.43%
Authors of Pain vs Sanity 0 0%
Asuka vs Ember Moon 21 34.43%
Bobby Roode vs Drew McIntyre 3 4.92%
Vince McMahon vs a Table when the crowd chants,"BETTER THAN SUMMERSLAM!" 12 19.67%
Total: 61 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I had to go to bed last night, sorry I didn't post with you all. The wrestling was good.

People seem excited by those three invading guys so I sure hope they're good because man, they are not impressive looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dromal phrenia posted:

I had to go to bed last night, sorry I didn't post with you all. The wrestling was good.

People seem excited by those three invading guys so I sure hope they're good because man, they are not impressive looking

The new tag team that beat down sanity? Yeah I dunno I thought that was TM61 until Mauro started going nuts

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

The new tag team that beat down sanity? Yeah I dunno I thought that was TM61 until Mauro started going nuts

them and the guy they helped beat down Drew at the end. NXT is pretty good at presentation so hopefully they get cool music and entrances and ring attire

the one dude had a plain black t-shirt and black trunks and he looked like a complete goober. give that boy a scary TMNT mask or something. smoke machines and lasers and a skull mask with glowing eyes, gently caress yes!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dromal phrenia posted:

them and the guy they helped beat down Drew at the end. NXT is pretty good at presentation so hopefully they get cool music and entrances and ring attire

the one dude had a plain black t-shirt and black trunks and he looked like a complete goober. give that boy a scary TMNT mask or something. smoke machines and lasers and a skull mask with glowing eyes, gently caress yes!!

Oh, I guess I shut the show off too early, didn't see him.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

MrBling posted:

It is easy to forget that Drew is a big lad. He's billed at 6'5 and that probably isn't too far off reality.

I think a lot of it is that he never really worked matches as a hoss during his first WWE run. Then during his indie run he was facing smaller guys on average, plus I THINK he bulked up over those few years, so he just started ragdolling everyone around and brought that style back to NXT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

I think a lot of it is that he never really worked matches as a hoss during his first WWE run. Then during his indie run he was facing smaller guys on average, plus I THINK he bulked up over those few years, so he just started ragdolling everyone around and brought that style back to NXT

He definitely bulked up but not to Jinder levels.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think it helps that the men in the singles division of NXT aren't huge guys. There are wrestlers in other companies that seem like big ol' hosses and if you put them in main roster WWE, they look average or even small. It's easy to underestimate how loving huge the men in WWE are if you don't see them next to anyone except each other.

I mean Cena's obviously a big muscle man but I remember he guest-starred on some USA show (Psyche?) and ahahahahahahaa oh man he just looked like a loving monster.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Good event except for the random jobber run-ins after the tag and main.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ReDragon's a better tag team than any other team in the WWE right now. And I wouldn't be surprised if they put the NXT belt on Cole at the next Takeover.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I think it's worth repeating: that's how you book a show, have winners and losers, but keep the losers looking strong. Itami looked like a million bucks, and just got caught by Black Mass....which is becoming 'stunner-like' in that it doesn't hurt anyone's standing when they do, everyone gets caught by it. It took 4 people to beat AoP. Not great promos and character aside, Ember Moon looked great, and took Asuka to the limit, Asuka is just Asuka. The winners got elevated, but the losers are still seen as competitive.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Davros1 posted:

ReDragon's a better tag team than any other team in the WWE right now.

This gets said about any indie tag team that gets signed.

TM61 or whatever the gently caress was the last case of this and they haven't been on NXT in weeks because they were boring as gently caress and the fans didn't care about them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spudsbuckley posted:

TM61 or whatever the gently caress was the last case of this and they haven't been on NXT in weeks because they were boring as gently caress and the fans didn't care about them.

No it's because of an injury dumb dumb.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The_Rob posted:

No it's because of an injury dumb dumb.

It's spuds, don't even bother.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
asuka is seriously so good. such a special talent. not only technically, but how she's able to go between face and heel so smoothly without any words is amazing. i'm still watching now, and every match has been just amazing, but there's no way roode and mcintyre is better than this. absolutely shoulda been the main event.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They aren't better. Main event was fine, but you could make the case it was the worst on the card. That said, it needed to be last since let's not pretend like the build of Asuka-Ember was super hot or anything and it IS the top title match. Also stay till the very end :)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

shiksa posted:

asuka is seriously so good. such a special talent. not only technically, but how she's able to go between face and heel so smoothly without any words is amazing. i'm still watching now, and every match has been just amazing, but there's no way roode and mcintyre is better than this. absolutely shoulda been the main event.

At this point in time Asuka just has her own alignment.

spudsbuckley posted:

You're a loving idiot but that's to be expected from you.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
who the hell ever talked up TM61

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

who the hell ever talked up TM61

me.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eltoasto posted:

They aren't better. Main event was fine, but you could make the case it was the worst on the card. That said, it needed to be last since let's not pretend like the build of Asuka-Ember was super hot or anything and it IS the top title match. Also stay till the very end :)

im very glad to see that adam cole bay bay's head thing is gone. i was getting worried about that.

and gently caress YES factions, i LOVE factions. everything needs factions.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

shiksa posted:

im very glad to see that adam cole bay bay's head thing is gone. i was getting worried about that.

and gently caress YES factions, i LOVE factions. everything needs factions.

Does Vince hate factions or something?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

MrBling posted:

It is easy to forget that Drew is a big lad. He's billed at 6'5 and that probably isn't too far off reality.

I was talking to him at an indie show and he looked 6'5 to me. I'm 6'2, and he was loving enormous.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Thinking about it afterward, Roode is one of those guys who absolutely needs an absurd, fantastic, over the top entrance. AB can just ride the lift and go through smoke and still be terrifying, but Roode absolutely needs a choir or a video playing on the titan tron of him loving Roderick Strong's wife while she just moans "glorious" over and over again.

What I'm saying is he needs something more than music and a slow walk.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love that Asuka's usual opponent mockery after the match fell to the wayside to a kind of disbelieving "You beat the poo poo out of me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Platypus Farm posted:

Thinking about it afterward, Roode is one of those guys who absolutely needs an absurd, fantastic, over the top entrance. AB can just ride the lift and go through smoke and still be terrifying, but Roode absolutely needs a choir or a video playing on the titan tron of him loving Roderick Strong's wife while she just moans "glorious" over and over again.

What I'm saying is he needs something more than music and a slow walk.

I'd give Roode pyro. But only him. He needs it.

• Locked thread