Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

SpookyLizard posted:

I think it varies from place to place. Prey was clearly very carefully designed to have the interior match the exterior and vice versa, whereas I remember somebody did some math and measuring in the original Halo game to find out that none of the levels that took place in the Pillar of Autumn would actually fit inside of it, especially the last level, which was like five or six times the length of the ship.

That's been a pet peeve of mine since I was a kid and level maps were introduced. "Why is there a random empty void in this submarine?" "What's that black space doing in an office building?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
There's currently an AGDQ run of this game going on. It's hilariously breaking the game (the posted expected time to completion is 15 minutes).

E: 12 minutes, 17 seconds.

VKing fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 11, 2018

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

VKing posted:

There's currently an AGDQ run of this game going on. It's hilariously breaking the game (the posted expected time to completion is 15 minutes).

E: 12 minutes, 17 seconds.

5 second youtube search finds this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRgei-2_Fq4
Done in just under 7 minutes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah they were talking about that shortly after the run wrapped up. apparently the WR went from 1 hour to 10 minutes in a week, and then to where it currently is at ~7 minutes in another week.

this game is crazy durable.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

SugarAddict posted:

5 second youtube search finds this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRgei-2_Fq4
Done in just under 7 minutes.

Alex and the Operators at the end just staring at Morgan-Typhon going "How do we even score this?"

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Alex and the Operators at the end just staring at Morgan-Typhon going "How do we even score this?"

"It's on to us!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose it'd be a bit messed up if you could, like, tactically summon the Nightmare. Your allied critters will whack it one first, but is there anything that'll take a cut at it in preference to you, and anything it would rather attack?

• Locked thread