Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I have school stuff early in the morning, so going to sleep now and postpone the vote closure another 9 hours - though it seems like Anarchy is the way to go :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Glorious Anarcho-Syndie Commune of Hamburg when?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Not soon enough.

C :bandwagon:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Voting closed: Unsurprisingly, C Wins! Update whenever, no rules!

mcclay posted:

Glorious Anarcho-Syndie Commune of Hamburg when?

Funny you should mention it, the neo-anarchists aren't Ettes favourite people, because he's an anarchist commie at heart and the neo-As are more hipster types fighting the corps for its own sake. Regardless, they're the 'cool kids' of the rad-group scene, and have both the connections and fast cash to get him a break.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sounds like those tight rear end hipsters could use a lesson in relaxation:drugnerd:
The question is always: what happens the day after the revolution?
And the answer is huge rear end nonstop party.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Crazycryodude posted:

Gender is an outdated concept anyways. We're just getting ready for our Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Anarcho-Communist future.

This, but unironicly and in real life.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I like to think that by the time all these futuristic game settings take place people are completely down with a wide sexual preference spectrum and the word 'Gay' returns to mean just a jolly good time.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Magnusth posted:

This, but unironicly and in real life.

What, you thought I was joking?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I like to think that by the time all these futuristic game settings take place people are completely down with a wide sexual preference spectrum and the word 'Gay' returns to mean just a jolly good time.

Societally that'd be nice, but linguistically that sounds like a mess. Would people use the kinsey-scale in conversation? 'She's a Sixer, so you don't have a chance, she's not into men at all.'

And even then the granularity would be weird. Do you develop vocabulary for 'Would absolutely sleep with Robert Downey Jr. but otherwise straight' and 'Only 2D love is real' and 'bisexual (But only attracted to gnomes)'....?

Sex in the sixth world is a clusterfuck.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think most people would be fine with simply turning away suitors with a 'not my type'
And only sociology nerds would sperg about this, but then again sexuality has always been a clusterfuck if you make the right friends

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Crazycryodude posted:

What, you thought I was joking?

Have the faint feeling half the posters in this thread are ancom antifa rioters :v:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

I think most people would be fine with simply turning away suitors with a 'not my type'

I mean 'no, I'm not interested' is a valid reason to turn away a potential suitor and should be respected, but 'Not my type' is horribly nonspecific for anything except that particular instance and could mean anything from 'too much/too little chrome' to 'votes republican' to 'I don't date orks'

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Loel posted:

Have the faint feeling half the posters in this thread are ancom antifa rioters :v:

My check from the Soros Fund for Cultural Marxism was extra big last month.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

No point in OverSperging on a largely theoretical subject before the game begins, especially considering that Ette sounds rather omnisexual on the face of it.
We could probably have more fun figuring out who Ette wouldn't take to bed, and putting research into futuristic sex culture on the back burner.

E: just to clarify that I agree with your points, I just don't have the energy for a thorough examination of the subject.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 23, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I figure that this quote is a good start:
“If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't gently caress 'em!”- John waters

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I figure that this quote is a good start:
“If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't gently caress 'em!”- John waters

You require your dates to have actual text bound in paper? With as scarce as paper-grade trees and hemp have gotten? You know how much of your income and bio-quota that is these days? You bougie gently caress.

You'll know if they're worth it from what they've gotten in trouble for reading.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
This is 4e. The bookshelf is an AR construct representing the home ebook collection, not some wood-pulp affectation.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think that Ette would love Henry Rollins as a person, but probably not as a life partner (as if Ette is anywhere ready to commit to monogamy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9S5-EB8dR8
Rollins on dating.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Ette and Rollins are both ADHD spergs, so I assume they'd bone but otherwise hate each other!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I tried finding a good androgynous cyborg punk artwork for Ette:

I couldn't find any Really great ones :sadwave::awesomelon::argh:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I tried finding a good androgynous cyborg punk artwork for Ette:

I couldn't find any Really great ones :sadwave::awesomelon::argh:

Welp, after almost eight and a half years maybe, finally, I can participate in a CYOA protagonist loving a robot and be done with this dead gay forum.

C

Tias
May 25, 2008

Neo-Anarchy in practice

A fortunately uneventful ride through the channels of Hamburg comes to an end. This time, no ambushes or assholes shooting UZIs because you took their parking space.

After the Black Tide of 2011, when the black sea awakened and drowned much of Scandinavia in torrents of toxic water, the free hanseatic port is now the new estuary of the Elbe river. Massive channels have filled the streets of yesteryear, and the industrious German people have just built onwards and upwards.

You park Nomi, your beloved if severely beat-up water bike, outside the current Neo-A meeting point in the Wildost or 'Wild East'. A demon-rat tier Z-Zone, one of the most inhospitable settled city areas in the world. You hate coming here, but can't fault their reasoning: The cops won't show up here unless something biblical is wrong!

As far as the eye can see, slimy and eroded concrete surfaces that were once roofs, or silty, stinking marsh, with clusters of massive, black awakened mangroves in the distance. You're happy to come here at day, as night can bring ghouls, will'o'wisps or even faeries, and those will all wreck your evening. The sun really brings out the stink, though.

"eeey Ette, what's good?". Tino shows up, all smiles as usual. One of the good ones, you reckon, as he's fair, smart and gets things done. When with the other dreks he's just as dumb as them, however. Smart implants in his cheekbone flick aviator-cut glasses out from behind his neck and over his eyes, reflecting the glare of the high noon.

"Not much, omae." you sigh. "I tried my hand at hacking some Chinese take-out, and now HamSec has seen my access ID."

His smile dims a bit. "Harsh. You got out of you' pad, right?"

You confirm. "I need a job, so I can get out of Hamburg."

"Tough, you gotta love it here. It's a runners paradise!"

You confirm, more grudgingly. "So, can you help me?" you ask.

"Dreeeik, my beggar, of course I can! A lot of these neo-neo-rear end wilsons flaking out on us because they're scared of the heat, and lots of runs to be ran. Uh, let's see, currently we've planned a break-in and break-up on a Nationale Aktion meeting, you'll want to see Olli about that. Then there's disrupting the corporate art fair, takes place in a swanky place down Neue Mitte. Or, if you're feeling drek hot, we need more guys for a big heist up in the enclaves.

What do you feel like, cosmonaut?”

You feel like...

A) The run against Nationale Aktion. Killing nazis is always legit, and usually easier than killing other people, because they're so dumb.
B) Disrupting the corporate fair. Nancy-pancy art shindigs can't have the best security, and maybe terrorizing the normies will even be fun!
C) The Big Heist. The corp enclave are usually really well protected, but with a good team and a good plan, it could be your big break.
D) This all sounds terrible. I'd rather go back to one of my other contacts and ask them.

((We made our social check against Tino, who was more than predisposed to let us work for the Neo-As. In an hour or so I will put up Ettes current character sheet in the OP, with the caveat that it may change a bit in case I forgot something, am a bit blitzed with homework atm))

Tias fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 25, 2017

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
A

gently caress Nazis

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You had me at Killing nazis:commissar:

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

mcclay posted:

A

gently caress Nazis

Seconding this. Let's bash for cash.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just browsing through Shadowrun wiki, what does Ette think about Pomorya? Assholes or irradeamable assholes?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Just browsing through Shadowrun wiki, what does Ette think about Pomorya? Assholes or irradeamable assholes?

Probably both. He'd not admit to it, but elves lording it over other metatypes creep him out, and at any rate deportations are high on his list of dislikes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yeah that black forest troll kingdom at least doesn't eject people. They might have hope.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Good Night White Pride

A

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This might fit in the OP:
Hamburg (via Google translate)

E: wrong city

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 25, 2017

Tias
May 25, 2008

Most of this information is taken from 3E sources, so don't take it as gospel, but it covers a lot of ground.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Will do.
Also if it's not immediately obvious to readers, Wildost is in the Harburg district.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Ette's character sheet is up in the OP, though as said it might be subject to change.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A, nothin's more cathartic than killing Nazis.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
Wow, C is super appealing. Gotta love a good heist.

But getting paid to fight Nazis?

A.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A. In a world of shades of gray, getting to paint the whites-only in their own claret and crimson is refreshing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yup, even the rear end in a top hat monarchists of Pomorya are on better moral grounds.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

#PunchNazisApart (also #PunchNazisTogether)

Timely, too.

Tias
May 25, 2008

I think it's safe to say that Antifascism is the people's choice! I'm proud of you, thread :allears:

I'm going on a weekend getaway, so I'll assume A wins and put up an update on sunday when I get back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

This is A timely vote. Lets either blow them apart for shits and giggles or cut em up real slow and fun like while making awful 3rd reich puns in song.

• Locked thread