Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Belated B vote, made after it matters, because I wanna see what a cybered-up hypersexual anarchist addict can do to a high-class corporate gala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Crasical posted:

Belated B vote, made after it matters, because I wanna see what a cybered-up hypersexual anarchist addict can do to a high-class corporate gala.

No reason why we can't do it after killing Nazis. More money for us and we can gently caress with the rich pricks.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
AAAAAAAAAAAA

then B

kill Nazis first, high society hijinks after

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
((Update tomorrow, am hella tired and sick after my trip. Thanks for all the interest, you guys are the best!))

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You shouldn't have chosen the Basic Docwagon package!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Bergesdorf Callin'

[[thinking music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbDvjKbPhA ]]

An hour later, you find yourself mercifully out of the Z-Zone and in a Harburg squat for from the soulless Hambrug skyline, a jury-rigged white noise generator pleasantly gurgling while you pore over a couple of AR maps with Olli, quartermaster-cum-commander of the east side Neo-Anarchist group.

You have gone over what you know about Nationale Aktion in the city, poring over reports provided by the friendly people in antifa doxxx groups. Ruthlessly pro-white, they are also "pro-human", and thus not known to employ orc or troll muscle. Some of their boot boys could pass, though, making up the difference with 'ware. Doctrinally, they argue for bioware to 'preserve the human form', but in practice their soldiers can't afford it and are filled with ugly but hardcore muscle replacements bought from the Red Vory down Reeperbahn. That is to say, avoid melee unless you got a bigger guy.

There is some overlap between HanSec employees and the known member rolls of NA( as well as other white supremacist groups), so there will be severa affinity groups watching the cop grids and attempting to jam civilians contacting the police and, failing that, ambush or distract the cop teams en route.

Ollis plan is sound, at first glance. The area is located in outer Bergesdorf, and is thought to contain as many of 20 core members or prospective scum serving as guards. Sympathetic Wasserratten pirate punks out 'Ost way have developed a means of delivering an untraceable artillery barrage: Sail close to town, fire a few swarms of rocket-assisted extended-range mortar rounds, and sail off for full throttle.

This makes you..
A) ..aroused. Perhaps you should ask if they have incendiary rounds to make sure the inhabitants are terrified enough to leave the building.
B) ..wary, but accepting. Civilians living in a nazi HQ must necessarily be allies, they don't really keep hostages unless actively taking over an area.
C) ..concerned. Raining mortar rounds at extreme range just rubs you the wrong way on account of accuracy and security of the operation.

Meanwhile, you and a couple others will have infiltrated the area and parked cars and dumped trash in front of the entryways, so they can only ride out by water, where you'll sink them with an armed hovercraft, then haul rear end. This part of the plan seems..

A) Legit as hell, bring even more weapons to make sure we get them!
B) Good, but lacking. They have guns as well, maybe even more crew-served guns than us.
C) Too scary. Even with all your drones armed and running, which would be a mean feat with your current gear resources, taking on psycho fascists armed to the teeth is too risky - it must be able to be done in a better fashion.

(Answer 1. A/B/C, then 2. A/B/C, so I can keep track of things.)

Tias fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 28, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Bash the
FAsh!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Seconding this: 1. B 2. A

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Hold on, the plan opens with shelling a civilian residential area? That risks an awful lot of 1. Collateral damage, doesn't it?

2. C because we don't seem to have good reason to believe we're dramatically better-armed than them, and if we don't catch them totally by surprise (which is quite possible, since they'll know they're under attack once the shells start landing) we'll be in trouble. What if we mined the routes we plan to funnel them into first? Of course, that risks even more collateral damage...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

I'm down with this. Bash 'em.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A. Is it possible to have penatrator incendiary shells?

Ralith posted:

2. C because we don't seem to have good reason to believe we're dramatically better-armed than them, and if we don't catch them totally by surprise (which is quite possible, since they'll know they're under attack once the shells start landing) we'll be in trouble. What if we mined the routes we plan to funnel them into first? Of course, that risks even more collateral damage...

I likey.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. B 2. A

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1. A (assuming it STAYS untraceable); 2. Ralith's extended C

And let's see if we can make it blow back mainly, if not exclusively, on the NA. Easier to do if it looks like they spent their entire evening cannibalizing themselves and hunting ghosts.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 28, 2017

Tias
May 25, 2008

Olli checks in with the bomb squad, confirming that, yes, you can have demolition on site, but it would take the form of daisy chained hand grenades, which you'd activate by commlink.

Even if you could swag some frag mines, the longer you have to stay in the area before initiating the attack, the bigger the risk that a sentry or sensor will notice you, and setting a pressure mine in an urban setting takes a while.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
1. B
2. C

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Alla y'alls gotta go!!

Can we have something more than just one hoevercroff?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Tias posted:

Olli checks in with the bomb squad, confirming that, yes, you can have demolition on site, but it would take the form of daisy chained hand grenades, which you'd activate by commlink.
This sounds preferable anyway; less chance of it being triggered by someone other than the intended target. Let's do it!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

More splosions is always better, as long as we're in charge of who gets sploded.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

is it too early to go Full Warcrimes Now?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
C and B.

Mortar strikes are REALLY conspicuous and over the top, and that's a lot of collateral damage and possibility of not necessarily innocent, but civilian casualties.

Flushing them out into a killbox is a solid plan...as long as we assume we've got more guns than they do.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

My thought on that is if you're in Shadowrun and not actively, rabidly assaulting actual Nazis with all kinds of murder at every opportunity, you're not a person. We get a free pass at the Neo-Hague or whatever.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

My thought on that is if you're in Shadowrun and not actively, rabidly assaulting actual Nazis with all kinds of murder at every opportunity, you're not a person. We get a free pass at the Neo-Hague or whatever.

*Click clack* "I am the Hague."

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

*Click clack* "I am the Hague."

We need a decker to make this pop up om their screens about point five seconds before the splosions start.

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Bit late with the closing, but 1. B wins, and there's going to be a combination of factors for 2, that is, questions about the security of the op will be raised, and you'll try to create a better ambush.))

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hexenritter posted:

is it too early to go Full Warcrimes Now?

Do you want to risk leaving it until its too late?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Well...I suppose you don't go full warcrimes on the people who ACTUALLY WENT FULL WAR CRIMES because that'd be copying. Which is tacky. And there"s no room for tacky in this CYOA.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

Well...I suppose you don't go full warcrimes on the people who ACTUALLY WENT FULL WAR CRIMES because that'd be copying. Which is tacky. And there"s no room for tacky in this CYOA.

So what you're saying is that only a grander, greater display will suffice.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I was planning on going subtler (sort of) because all forms of proto-/post-/infopunk are best done as Battle of the Outside Context Problem All-Stars. (At least at the high levels. It's okay if your cast doesn't really engage with the high level... but this isn't that sort of story.)

Also because when was the last time you knew neo-Nazis to deal with subtlety well.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 30, 2017

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Well they managed to get the Orange Demon elected.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Opening steps

You raise the question of security, and get told off. A job this brutal needs as few sworn soldiers as possible, because you don't want any info slipping. You are issued some extra machine pistols, an AK-147U carbine, and a couple of 'Skull Slammer' homemade stun grenades for your trouble, though.

The mortar barrage seems iffy, and a couple of the other soldiers also raise the issue. You're reassured that the rounds are GPS-guided and that the Wasserratten have actually cut back on the drinking while on runs.

Doing the Deed

After a couple of haircuts, a change in piercing jewelry and boots, you can pass for 'Neo-Nipster', the look in vogue among the alternative right in Hamburg. Still you want to be on the safe side, so you cover Olli as he patches into the public grid and, after wrangling the low-grade ICE in place, shuts off the cameras without tripping any alerts.

Bergesdorf is unbelievably sad in the grey light of the afternoon: Poorly-maintained tenements stretch into the distance, with vagabonds littering the corners: Pale, white( the others have presumably been run out) things, lacking hands, feet or entire limbs, pawning them off at hospitals for money to buy food, shelter or, most often, BTL+ chips. Chipped, worn graffitti pieces by artists who actually know what they're doing have been gone over with poorly-drawn swastikas, celtic crosses and racist slogans.

You stay well clear of the fash HQ, deploying two small but powerful bulldozer drones from the VW trash collection truck you rode into the neighbourhood. The others keep an eye out as you program their dog brains to compact some barricades at one end of the street, back the truck into the other, and prep your H&K 'Schäferhund' wheeled combat drone to use its mounted carbine aiming and fire selection routines, figuring you'd rather it only fires on targets you approve.

Still unnoticed, you receive a soundbyte with some tool hollering "bash eggs away, chummer!", which your node recognizes as the code for mortars fired.

Acting quickly, you string up the grenade bandoleers, then haul feet down the street and into the slimy waters of Bergesdorf Wasserweg A5 as you 'whistle' for the hovercraft spirited away in the distance via mental command. It chucks obediently up to your side, but focusing on your control ops, you don't notice the whistling of shells above the din of the engine and intrusive AROs from your team!

WHOOOOM

You come to. The first grenade clearly didn't strike the HQ, impacting on the wall behind you. Olli sinks against you, dark red blood spreading out from an injury somewhere in his abdomen. The two other kids gunning with you, Axel and Flo, seem only roughed up, but stunned from the near miss.

Thinking quickly, you...

A) Treat Olli on the spot, using a smart med-kit Axel has on him, yelling at the kids to cover you. The grenades should keep the fascists busy while you work.

B) Limber Olli into the hovercraft, you have to be up the water for the ambush to work. Who knows if they take to water right away?

C) Leave Olli to his fate. It's not personal, but the job comes first, so you can get outta dodge and not end your days in Wilhemsburg prison.

((Disguise check and knowledge check to impersonate nazis went swimmingly, our crucial notice check, not so much.))

Tias fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 30, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

We're Better off in our machine than on the ground.
E: we'd also function better out of frontline.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

C

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
B

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
B - try to stabilize Olli a safe distance away while waiting for the ambush. It's already pretty obvious nobody's safe where they are.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B. Medevac first.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
B. Treating Ollie should be high priority, but floating in the river is the not best place to do first-aid!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Be prudent.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B. Quit bleeding all over the place and get in the loving clown car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B, we've got Nazis to chase, and trying to do first aid in a polluted swamp probably isn't the best idea. Get him in the car, then slap the medpack on him.

Also, of loving course their infallible GPS guided mortars that would never in a million years hurt us fell short.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 31, 2017

• Locked thread