Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I like to think that by the time all these futuristic game settings take place people are completely down with a wide sexual preference spectrum and the word 'Gay' returns to mean just a jolly good time.

Societally that'd be nice, but linguistically that sounds like a mess. Would people use the kinsey-scale in conversation? 'She's a Sixer, so you don't have a chance, she's not into men at all.'

And even then the granularity would be weird. Do you develop vocabulary for 'Would absolutely sleep with Robert Downey Jr. but otherwise straight' and 'Only 2D love is real' and 'bisexual (But only attracted to gnomes)'....?

Sex in the sixth world is a clusterfuck.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I think most people would be fine with simply turning away suitors with a 'not my type'

I mean 'no, I'm not interested' is a valid reason to turn away a potential suitor and should be respected, but 'Not my type' is horribly nonspecific for anything except that particular instance and could mean anything from 'too much/too little chrome' to 'votes republican' to 'I don't date orks'

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Belated B vote, made after it matters, because I wanna see what a cybered-up hypersexual anarchist addict can do to a high-class corporate gala.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
C and B.

Mortar strikes are REALLY conspicuous and over the top, and that's a lot of collateral damage and possibility of not necessarily innocent, but civilian casualties.

Flushing them out into a killbox is a solid plan...as long as we assume we've got more guns than they do.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
B. Treating Ollie should be high priority, but floating in the river is the not best place to do first-aid!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Always Be Hacking.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ew.

"Here's a mask i made from HUMAN SKIN don't worry I only took it from BAD PEOPLE hey where are you going"

I hope Ette has better taste than that.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Making human-skin leather is gross. :colbert:

If you wanna cart a load of dead nazis off to a ghoul commune so that you can record them being eaten, make friends, and post a politically charged anarchist youtube video about them 'finally being able to make a positive contribution to society' as food, then sure, but wearing dead people as a fashion statement is too far for me.

Besides, you'd have to find some artisanal-crafts leatherworker with no sense of decorum to make it for you, I'm like 99% sure that Ette does not know how to tan leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Attention coprocessors are super neat. Who doesn't love a man with a huge perception pool? Just gotta visit your local wizboy and make sure that getting one installed won't make your soul fall off, first.

• Locked thread