Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Robodoc: Chillout, maaaaan.

'Murica Actual: I have no chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Ok my guess is Cap'n Squarejaw or another hero gets injected with the hippy chill drug, but is able to fight through it because :911:

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
This plot feels like you should be able to go "SQUIRREL!" and it explains everything.

ah nuts :p.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wolf's finally let off the leash.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Robodoc has been higher than a muthafucka all season long!

This loving show!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Didn't Georgio say something about "at least you have your golden boy son!" earlier in this episode. But he didn't? has everyone seriously just been patronizing robocop this whole time? This isn't like Mr Robot where you realize that he actually has never been directly referred to the entire show and makes sense that he's not real, robocop has been talking about his favorite son and how great they are working together the whole time.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Yeah, it was a little confusing because people have spoken to golden boy, though I don't remember him ever speaking to anyone except Robodoc.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Have they though? I think they refer to him because they know Robodoc sees him, but they don't interact with him do they? I remember always getting a weird vibe that people were kind of ignoring him.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Georgi was admonished earlier in the episode for how he spoke to his brother but maybe he was speaking about him, not to him. Now I'm now sure. I thought no one was speaking to him because they were jealous and didn't want to upset Robodaddy.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Either way it's kinda lame.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Robert Cop is directing the season finale.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
They're doing the Riker Maler Manuever! This really is just Star Trek on the sea.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Star Trek: DSV

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I was really terrified that somebody was going to die this episode. Even after the Wolf fakeout, I was worried, especially when they send the rookies on the boarding party. I got really nervous when it was all people I knew, rather than cast members and a red-shirt. And then the navigator with the double expert marksmanship!

This loving show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best bit was the Blackbeard Maneuver

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

FISHMANPET posted:

I was really terrified that somebody was going to die this episode....

Dude, his name was Sunshine... and whoever the black lady in the co-pilots seat was.

Also, rip Cliche' Manbunakos.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
This season got silly, even for this show. They throw a bomb into the bow of a ship but the stern blows up. They shoot a missile into another ship's bridge and it sinks. Still love it though. The ramming and boarding scene was baller, I was really hoping they would use grappling hooks, especially since they showed one earlier. All the killing on the airfield was cold. Those people weren't "bad guys" they were just trying to get food for starving people. No other show would let the good guys just stone cold execute like that.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Boarding party 🎉🎉🎉

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This show is extremely good and I can't wait for the next season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShakeZula posted:

This show is extremely good and I can't wait for the next season.

Jodie Smith's insta is well raunchy. I subscribed.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

Boarding party 🎉🎉🎉

This and "[core ship function] is down, we need creative solutions!" Made this season the most Star Trekky since season 1.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

How does next season top a drug-addled supervillain who just wants the world to eat his nuts and 'chill out, maaaan!'?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Boarding party 🎉🎉🎉

Star Trek rule #17 - All ships will prepare for ramming speed sooner or later

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

jfood posted:

How does next season top a drug-addled supervillain who just wants the world to eat his nuts and 'chill out, maaaan!'?

Cyber warfare!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Which navy are we thinking for next season?

So far we've beaten the Russians, Michigan Militia, Chinese, Greeks.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

don't forget the brits

YOU WANKER

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ratjaculation posted:

don't forget the brits

YOU WANKER

The Brits? you having a bubble, fuckin mug.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The Caribbean Alliance/Mexico invade Florida and Texas simultaneously. Plot twist, they have more food and resources than the US. Or was that already an episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That might be a bit meta for this show. Canadians maybe?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Plot twist: chandler remembers he has kids

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What's even weirder, Chandler got himself and kids halfway around the world without anyone knowing where he went. The US only has 1 naval vessel and few aircraft.

One thing I really appreciated about Halt and Catch Fire, was that they didn't shove the kids offscreen and forget them entirely.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought these guys who showed up during the airfield fight were Canadians but looking at the flags on their shoulders now I'm not sure who they are.

Great season and I hope the next season is as good and also finds an excuse for someone to say something like "we're the last ship" in the last episode.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Season 5 preview: The red rust infects large metallic structures

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's so confusing...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BattleMaster posted:

I thought these guys who showed up during the airfield fight were Canadians but looking at the flags on their shoulders now I'm not sure who they are.

Great season and I hope the next season is as good and also finds an excuse for someone to say something like "we're the last ship" in the last episode.
That's totally a Mexican flag.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I thought it was Malta

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Keyser_Soze posted:

I thought it was Malta

Given the region that seems a lot more likely and the flag seems to match up.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
So we get another season right?? I'm a 30 year old woman but for some reason have this love of military pulp fiction! There's an Aussie author who writes stuff like this show and damned if I don't love it.

There's some shows coming out like this right? Seals or something?

Miranda fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 30, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Miranda posted:

So we get another season right?? I'm a 30 year old woman but for some reason have this love of military pulp fiction! There's an Aussie author who writes stuff like this show and damned if I don't love it.

There's some shows coming out like this right? Seals or something?

30 year old woman you say... Strike Back is your jam. Its the sexiest military show by far.

New season this week, entirely new cast. AGAIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Miranda posted:

Matthew Reilly? I haven't read him in years but he's the closest I can think of.

• Locked thread