Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

IRQ posted:

Yeah there's absolutely a Trek vein running through this show, Chandler even bangs the green alien chicks, or in this case a greek warlord's daughter.

I wonder how his Greek girlfriend with whom he left his children will feel about that.

And there should really be a sense of urgency to go get his kids, if for no other reason than the villains know where he was living and will probably go there first when hostage-shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
He may have saved the world but he's a lovely dad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, Boxey was his kid? Welp... navy dads been leaving kids for 200 years.

We got a pool going on who Wolf will fight with this season? My Drachma is on Olek

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah he straight up forgot his kids/new life in like 30 seconds didn't he?

e: did the greeks take an exposition dump in front of him? How does he even know about the seeds?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big question is will the grooming standard return under Chandler. Now they don't need to go undercover in the Califate Worse Than Death

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dubs:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Just waiting for the scene(s) where Wolf's weapon gets knocked out of his hands and he's forced to throw a guy thru a wall

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loving love this show so much.

Those beards gotta go though, only Wolf and McSalty have TV beards.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I loves me my squid Cowboy Elvis'

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That one beardo's beard is truly distracting, he looks like he has a mangy squirrel blued to his chin.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

'The Suez Canal locks haven't been operational since the virus'

This show

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know right....don't they have an advisor?

Most stupidos who watch this probably don't even know where it is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ratjaculation posted:

'The Suez Canal locks haven't been operational since the virus'

This show

Haven't seen the show, I assume there are no locks? Or is it really comical like they're in the Caribbean and trying to get into the pacific and completely forgot the name of the country they're passing through?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Suez is lock free, end to end. It's basically i giant river. Panama canal climbs a mountain,

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was like 95% certain of that but drat I would have loved it if they crossed from the Caribbean into the Mediterranean. Nothing is said about the change of scenery.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

its a good show if you like cheese. they aren't even trying to hide the fact that captain squarejaw is essentially jesus now

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was like 95% certain of that but drat I would have loved it if they crossed from the Caribbean into the Mediterranean. Nothing is said about the change of scenery.

I would love if that happened and all of a sudden instead of greasy greek warlords with an inexplicably functional ship they have to start fighting 18th century pirates or something.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Someone put a lock on the canal gates when the plague hit, no one can find the key. Dave probably had it, but he was eaten in a food riot.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

its a good show if you like cheese. they aren't even trying to hide the fact that captain squarejaw is essentially jesus now

That's Capt. Jesus to you

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought he was a Grand Admiral

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

What does it take to get promoted to Admiral? Surely almost everyone who was an Admiral pre-virus is dead by now?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Captains have the right of way on a ship, it's a huge dick to swing.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Octy posted:

What does it take to get promoted to Admiral? Surely almost everyone who was an Admiral pre-virus is dead by now?

He's seen all the Star Trek movies and knows better. Besides, they can't keep more than one ship going.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Octy posted:

According to Battlestar Galactica an Admiral has command of more than 1 ship. This was the best source I could find.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 14, 2017

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

According to Battlestar Galactica an Admiral has command of more than 1 ship. This was the best source I could find.

Ah, but I read the Wiki for Tom Chandler and it said that he was offered a promotion to Admiral but turned it down as prefers being a Captain.

I don't know why I cared enough about this stupid show to look this up but there you go.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Admirals don't command ships, usually. That's a Captains job.

Admirals don't interfere with the running of a ship in the navy, if they are on-board.

Admirals command battle groups basically.
My cousin says they don't do much...

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Just watched bread and circus

Whom gave Adam Baldwin writing privileges again? :p

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Adam Baldwin isn't acting and doesn't have a script. He's just showing up for his day to day life.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was doing his yearly walking tour of US Navy vessels when they started, pays for itself after the sixteenth visit.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Is the guy that plays Chandler the main writer on this show?

I am struggling to figure out why he is literally jesus now and it really reminds me of when they let Kevin Sorbo write for himself on Andromeda.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The storm episode is good

but lol at Cap'n Squarejaw and Hot Lady locking eyes from passing warships

Can't believe some stole Cap'n Squarejaw's seed

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Captain McSalty to you.

I wish someone would do a glances master mix of that episode, it was like General Hospital.

Everyone was either eye loving or eye-5'ing. So much win.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Is the guy that plays Chandler the main writer on this show?

I am struggling to figure out why he is literally jesus now ...

You must have taken the same class as my wife because now in every book, TV series, or movie, she had to identify the "Jesus figure" and then spend an hour talking about The Great Conversation. I asked her once, what if the writer is an atheist or Buddhist... There will still be a Jesus figure according to her.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

The storm episode is good

but lol at Cap'n Squarejaw and Hot Lady locking eyes from passing warships

Can't believe some stole Cap'n Squarejaw's seed

I wish they would stop trying to make her a thing.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Rocksicles posted:

Captain McSalty to you....

his name is 'Murica Actual.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I do enjoy that there is 3 captains on the one boat tho lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Every show on TV could improve by including Peter Weller in it's cast.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Ratjaculation posted:

I do enjoy that there is 3 captains on the one boat tho lol

It really is Star Trek. :allears:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
loving lol. What happened to all the scenery on this show? And why is it that all that's left in it's place are a few stubs with teeth marks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Top stuff.

Kenyan Danger Girl is totes my fav character... Man.

• Locked thread