Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win this dumb league?
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Atlético Madrid
comedy Getafe option
View Results

• Locked thread
curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

I'm traveling right now, but I'll put up a real OP soon. Your 2017-2018 La Liga teams, with last year's results and this year's European competition status:

Alavés - 9th
Athletic Bilbao - 7th
Atlético Madrid - 3rd, CL group stage
Barcelona - 2nd, Copa del Rey winners, farcelona
Celta Vigo - 13th
Deportivo La Coruña - 16th
Eibar - 10th
Espanyol - 8th
Getafe - Segunda playoff winner
Girona - Segunda runner-up
Las Palmas - 14th
Leganés - 17th
Levante - Segunda champion
Málaga - 11th
Real Betis - 15th
Real Madrid - Champions of Spain and Europe
Real Sociedad - 6th, EL group stage
Sevilla - 4th, CL playoff round
Valencia - 12th
Villareal - 5th, EL group stage

Relegated to Segunda: Gijón, Osasuna, Granada

Important dates:
El Clásico: December 20, May 6
Madrid Derby: November 19, April 8
Galician (the most important) Derby: December 20, May 6
Basque Derby (Athletic vs Sociedad): December 17, April 29

r.i.p. El Hefe, another victim of Maduro's bread lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is there a benefit to winning the Segunda playoffs if just getting to the final ensures promotion? Seems weird.

Welp, read that entirely wrong. Never mind.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Neymar is getting sued by Barthalona, lol

quote:

BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona are suing Neymar for 8.5 million euros for alleged breach of contract and demanding he return the loyalty bonus paid after he renewed his deal in October, less than a year before he signed for Paris St. Germain, the club said Tuesday.

The Catalans are asking for an additional 10 per cent payment due to a delay in their demands being met, after presenting the Brazilian striker with them on Aug. 11.

"Barcelona have taken these actions in defense of their interests, after Neymar's contract was rescinded just a few months after he signed on until 2021," a club statement said. PSG signed Neymar for a world record 222 million euro ($261.07 million) fee in August.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-spain-fcb-neymar-idUSKCN1B21QZ?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I look forward to hearing from all the Barca Boyz who will be going to matches and sticking with their club in this difficult and trying time.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

barca still going to win the league ! If not in the standings then in our hearts. Big Mar will be missed but cool guys like Messi and Big Lou Luis Suarez will step it up. See you this weekend, assuming I dont get distracted, or go outside, or decide to play video games, or if there is a WWE PPV, or if there is basketball, or if there is baseball, or if I forget.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BWV posted:

barca still going to win the league ! If not in the standings then in our hearts. Big Mar will be missed but cool guys like Messi and Big Lou Luis Suarez will step it up. See you this weekend, assuming I dont get distracted, or go outside, or decide to play video games, or if there is a WWE PPV, or if there is basketball, or if there is baseball, or if I forget.

Have you considered what you will do next season when messi leaves on a free and Suarez travels to the americas in search of juicy shaq meat

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Byolante posted:

Have you considered what you will do next season when messi leaves on a free and Suarez travels to the americas in search of juicy shaq meat

I'll be okay. The good lads will keep it up even if Big Mess and Big Lou leave. Altho I bet they both stay because who wouldn't want to play with cool guys like Gerry and Sergie (besides, the no longer Big, Mar). Plus who knows, I'm sure there are a bunch of players they once had in development that they can buy back for a stupid amount of money. Combined that with a board under attack and I'm sure they'll grab some studs and not just a bunch of over hyped losers from the EPL.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BWV posted:

I'll be okay. The good lads will keep it up even if Big Mess and Big Lou leave. Altho I bet they both stay because who wouldn't want to play with cool guys like Gerry and Sergie (besides, the no longer Big, Mar). Plus who knows, I'm sure there are a bunch of players they once had in development that they can buy back for a stupid amount of money. Combined that with a board under attack and I'm sure they'll grab some studs and not just a bunch of over hyped losers from the EPL.

Big Sergi wants to leave for Stoke and is being held hostage by catalan slavers. Set Sergi free

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Gerry wants to come to stoke to proven by those photos

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also Marc Bartra

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Welcome Big Ous Man! 145 well worth it and they didn't even have to pay his dad.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BWV posted:

Welcome Big Ous Man! 145 well worth it and they didn't even have to pay his dad.

They probably did, it just hasn't been discovered yet

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
how Messi doing

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

how Messi doing

Missed a penalty lol.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

He has 2 goals now. Barca Boys off to a good start.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Koke :staredog:

https://imgtc.com/w/MiBX3Gv

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

That's a proper goal

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Asensio is insanely good.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
phwoar Asensio

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bamos balencia!!!!

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
madrid needs to get rid of benzema

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol get hosed Madrid and also why are they playing a match till loving midnight on a Sunday night?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Asensio is ridiculous

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goalkeeper's side he's got to save that.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lmaooooooo Benzema

complete garbageman

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf is Benzema doing lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol Zaza :ughh:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
lol Zaza is a muppet and if he wasn't Valencia would be winning.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Was Casemiro always such a hateable oval office or did he eat Pepe over the summer?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Barca will win la liga

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Badrid never fail to disappoint

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Zidane has a weird soft spot for Benzema.

I'm surprised the guy is still around.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
no zaza and no benzema and the game probably would have finished 4-3. nice point for valencia though, madrid is gonna be impossible to beat if zidane does the right thing when ronaldo is back and takes benzema out of the XI for bigger games

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Everyone knows a draw in La Liga equals a loss. Barca Boys already running away with it. Time to focus on Europe!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Brony Car posted:

Zidane has a weird soft spot for Benzema.

I'm surprised the guy is still around.

They have many things in common and I wouldn't be suprised if wild sex parties with the French national team was one of them.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
At least we got rid of Qatar on the front of the jersey.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
How accurate are the reports of board incompetence at Barca?

Here are some pieces of a big Twitter thread that may or may not be true and it made me curious.

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/903703015395381249

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/903703163865370626

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/903703383302918145

https://twitter.com/rafaelh117/status/903702870956154882

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 2, 2017

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Hooray for... Girona?!?!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Post Neymar transfer insanity I could believe pretty much anything about Barcelona being lunatics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Barcelona can easily win this league if Modric or Ronaldo get long-term injuries.

• Locked thread