Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I played the poo poo out of this game. Aside from the side story stuff I have a few other issues with it mechanically but we aren't there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Oh dear.

Are planes we don't have yet spoilers? I want to talk about planes, is this the place to talk about planes?

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Your best bet for the air-to-air heavy missions of the game is the Nighthawk, just because it's the only one of the three with an air-to-air SP weapon, the QAAM.

Wait what. The attacker that's never ever been used in any air to air role gets the only air to air weapon?

Tornado is best because of swing-wings.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Old planes are cool.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

As I recall ESM support is plus one level per ESM support unit, so you were getting Level 2 ESM when getting to the center of the first circle because the other units circle was overlapping.

NHO posted:

You know, it would be cool if AC7 plops down both old and non-mainline fighters. Like Sea Vixen. Very cool and unusually-looking carrier-based plane.

Give me all the planes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_F2Y_Sea_Dart

AirborneNinja fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 24, 2017

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

ARE WE READY TO FLY?

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

You mean those assholes who are always crying for my help because god help them if a sky god isn't personally intervening in every single engagement.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

An idea: make me IK of LP so i can probate all these Angel Tax dodging jerks

These dirty dodgers dancing around the angel tax.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Psion posted:

yet another reason why assault horizon is an underrated game in the franchise :colbert:

Nah

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

LASMs are super good and have a surprisingly large area of effect. They will wreck targets like the armored trains.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

thetruegentleman posted:

These A10s apparently left their cannons back home: .

Im not seeing where these gunpods are supposed to be. Unless you're mistaking the landing gear nacelles for gunpods. Very little of the GAU-8 is actually exposed on the A-10.

It would also be very silly for Project Aces to make a custom A-10 model just for this one cutscene.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Its a lovely sound effect for the gau-8

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Sword Hunter Gil posted:

This stupid little thing is adorable and I want to take it angel dancing on the head of a pin. What does it do? What is it for? I don't care, I just want to load it down with missiles and fly it like a murderous go-kart into a line of enemy aces.

That's a coal powered airplane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lippisch_P.13a

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Speak not the Angels,
Draw not the Angels,
Write not the Angels,
Sculpt not the Angels,
Sing not the Angels,
Call not the Angels' name.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Still not as amusing as HAWX with the armed SR-71 (not the A-12, which I'm surprised has never shown up in Ace Combat).

At least one of the ace combats featured an SR-71 alike.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1_Lh7DUoVM

Go dance with the angels.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

The catalyst is the surplus JP-8 they have now that Aigaion is dead and the walls are to hold all of it in until they toss a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Its good but its no Zero.