Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Night10194 posted:

I remember when I first played this I legitimately didn't realize it was in the same setting as 4 or 5. I was like 'Wow, they made up a way shittier knock-off Osea and Belka, didn't they?'

You're thinking Usea, right down to the knockoff Yellow Squadron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GBS may have been child's play. On the subject of LP, though...

Drop the hammer more frequently. A tougher rule is needed. Now, more than ever. Consider this. Even-handed weakness stagnates good posting.

When the reports come flowing in, who will help you? It certainly won't be us. The populace of LP is a passive quagmire. Hated by everyone.

Thus, you need to be more heavy-handed. Heat the edge, as it were. Eventually, you will come to see the results.

A stricter LP is what we want. Not this crowd of dullards. Gone with the olden days of shitposting! Enter a new age of prosperity for LP! Lest you find yourself, too, becoming a shitposter. So I say, and so everyone says.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Blind Sally posted:

^^^^^^^

This is worthy of 24 hour probation, surely. such effort deserves to be "rewarded"

i dunno, man, it's practically incoherent, i'm not sure it's worthy of dancing with the angels

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Not if I waltz with the cherubs first!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

In the same vein...

Tb qnapr jvgu gur natryf!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Cythereal posted:

I also rate Aigaion highly compared to many superweapons for a simple virtue: this thing shoots back. Unlike, say, Megalith and that weird suborbital rail gun thing.

I mean, the SOLG had a very different threat in its debris that instakilled you. Instead of feeling like you were against the odds, you had a sense of just ripping the thing apart.

You're dead on with Megalith, though. :v:

Tythas posted:

Crow will you be showing off the craziness that is ace of aces mode?

He already mentioned he wouldn't because you can no longer get the AC6 DLC and he didn't get them while they were around.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Cythereal posted:

In Belka's token defense, most of these superweapons seem to have been built to shoot asteroids out of the sky and then folks wondered what to do with them next.

Ulysses is legit the origin for most of this horrible crap, but there's no denying what the Hraesvelgr, Aigaion, Excalibur, the SOLG (that one's on Osea though), and such wonderful creations as the ADF series and burst missiles are for.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Angel Combat 6: Dancing all the time

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Psycho Landlord posted:

Hey Psion I found the reason.

More seriously, I think I remember reading somewhere that the game was supposed to have Shamrock steadily going more and more ahab about the Strigons because he's targeted them personally as the reason he couldn't save his family in Gracemeria, but it got lost in translation/editing or something like that. Not sure how true it is, but it holds up given a conversation with him near endgame. The issue is it comes completely out of nowhere in this instance and also that he is an idiot.

Honestly that makes a hell of a lot of sense considering the dipshit things Shamrock does late-game.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

painedforever posted:

The problem with PJ was that he was a kiss-rear end. Pixy did abandon the player character, but y'know, I can respect that. We're mercenaries in that game, and running away is perfectly justified for mercenaries. But Shamrock...? It's just bad characterization. Shamrock's written badly.

The major problem with Shamrock is that he's horrendously short-sighted and self-righteous to a fault. That would have been fine if he'd been anyone other than your wingman. But no, we're stuck with the fucker, and that only makes it stick out so much worse.

Minrad posted:

Not AC6 related, but since ACX is upcoming, this seems like the most appropriate place to post it??

https://twitter.com/PROJECT_ACES/status/913614248277827584

Upcoming model kit of the XFA-27

:eyepop:

That right there is an angel I'd like to dance with.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Sword Hunter Gil posted:

It's like the game is addicted to setting up really neat premises through the eyes of random people who aren't involved with those premises at all, then telling you all about those premises like an eager kid explaining to you how cool it would be if Mario and Sonic fought instead of just playing Super Smash Brothers with you so you could enjoy it yourself.

This "tell-don't-show" writing style had better take a long dance with a short angel. It's not even unique in video games, it just annoys me because in the other Ace Combat games they found a way to make you give a drat through the lens of other people looking in, and it's such a massive step back from 5's reporter and Zero's documentary that I genuinely wonder if they fired their entire writing team beforehand.

It was mentioned earlier that Zero and 6 were in development at roughly the same time. Odds are pretty good to drat near bulls-eye that their writing team was indisposed on Zero.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Night10194 posted:

This mission didn't feel especially different from any other mission in the game except for the weirdo villain you'd never fought before at the end.

Every single mission in AC6 just feels like 'Eh, do some air to ground stuff, beat Estovakia, done.' except the crazy flying carrier one and a few better moments.

I mean the real reason is the sheer scale (two ops a mission? DOUBLE THAT MOTHERFUCKER) and the fact that this is the moment you've been building up to this the entire game.

I will admit that one of the biggest drawbacks of this LP series is that Ace Combat is very much a game that you have to play for full effect. One of the things Crow doesn't really show off is that you have to be quick as hell on the draw in this mission or things will go wrong really fast. You can even see that things were starting to go wrong in the Steel Gunners and Warlock ops even when he was there actively covering them. Not to mention that in every cut for missed operations you see Warlock taking 60% losses before any of them are over.

And then you get to the Nosferatu and oh god :gonk:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Holy poo poo that loving shameless rip on Liberation of Gracemeria in that video. That's just staggering.

So this is canon to AC6, right? I think you still have content to LP, Crow.

Materant fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 16, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

include footage of you gassing the thread after archiving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

We'll keep dancing with the angels until you finally get around to Ace Combat 7.