Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

I missed this going up, so I must pay the toll to the golden king and go dance with the angels.

edit for content before I serve my time: Gamescom trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgyqYq80PW0

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Psycho Landlord posted:

While a compare/contrast would be funny just to see which game had the worst cutscenes (it's sylpheed) I wouldn't wish that kind of damage on Crow given what he's already gone through for this LP series.

Plus at least AC6 has the advantage of awesome missile trails and sweeping vistas and city skylines that are constantly exploding. Slypheed has a bunch of targeting reticles and some big blue and red lasers to give you a rough idea of where you are in the empty skybox that is every map except for one mid-game one, so it's not even all that fun to watch :v:

I do have an Elgato and it wouldn't be hard to get my hands on a copy of Sylpheed...

Unfortunately I have zero experience with video and audio editing. :eng99:

Also the video I sat down and watched of the first mission was already cringe-inducing and man the gameplay did not look great.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

At least Strigon 1 now gets to literally go dance with the angels.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Good grief this localization is rough.

Occasionally, when I'm typing something fast and entirely stream of consciousness, I'll kinda restate myself at the beginning and end of a sentence and look like an enormous doofus.

Here, someone managed to repeat themselves twice, and then editors completely loving missed it. "Even though the station is broadcasting out of Gracemeria, occupying forces have taken complete control of the airwaves. The enemy must have completely overtaken our capital, Gracemeria." Why do you need to restate Gracemeria when it's entirely implied from one sentence to the next? I get that the Japanese does it, but it's unnecessary.

Then like two lines later, you get "However, the announcer went on to say that our castle was robbed of countless antiquities that once were elaborately displayed in our castle". Like, come on, how do you miss that even checking your own work, and then have an actual editor completely miss that? That's so unnatural. And here the Japanese doesn't even restate it.

Also I understand that antiquities is an acceptable noun for what they're talking about but in my mind "antique" just works better? Maybe there's a distinction that I'm missing in the definition.

Woohoo nitpicking. I'm sure I'll be back here later.

God it's enough to make a man want to go on rants about...angl-gently caress I can't make it work.

:iiadwtaj:

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, the entire narrative side of things seems like they made the entire 'gameplay' side of things first, and then suddenly realised that they'd forgetten to do a plotline 4 weeks before the game was about to go gold and just slapped together a first draft. Then again, I think maybe a lot of it might be the localisation - the dialogue definitely sounds like it was translated by someone who did a very literal translation, and the VA isn't really that great. I mean, Ace Combat is basically a Mecha Anime But With Planes, so maybe it's better in the original Japanese? :iiam:

Nah. Even following along the Japanese script, there are only a few lines that I like better in Japanese and think could have been handled with more aplomb. Melissa's line about her husband's wrecked fighter plane bearing her name could also be read as "The Angel he had given my name" and I think that's a more poetic line. The translation could have been a lot better but the game is what it is, the characters don't really come off as less heavy-handed.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

I wanted to win but I missed an update and Psycho Landlord has taken an insurmountable lead.

Maybe I should start using my recently-gained ballroom dance knowledge for its true purpose: paying taxes.

Time to Samba with the Celestials.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

So Crow, I'm taking a stab in the dark but I assume you said Bible Black?

Please, Crow is a man of taste.

It was Night Shift Nurses.

I'll just be doing the foxtrot with the holy messengers for the next few hours.

eta: Also I wouldn't really call VOTOMS more realistic than Gundam, considering all the nonsense Chirico pulls off. He's still a one-man army, he just goes through machines like candy.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

I see they made crow a mod so he could clean up his own mistakes.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Lazy Bear posted:

I mean, that little lovely car got pretty dang far if it took a machinegun to the engine to finally kill it

I was more impressed with how horribly useless the gunmen were. They were aiming RIGHT AT THEM, and somehow Melissa manages to run to the car and get in, waiting another like two seconds for Ludmila to realize what's going on and get into the car, and then start the car and drive past them before the idiots even realize they left the safety on.

What kind of extremists are you useless fucks supposed to be? It's a good thing they went to dance with the angels because lord knows they were somehow too stupid for that Earth.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Perrault continues to be the best briefing guy.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Crow's probatin' hand has got to be cramping up by now. By making us dance with the angels, we force him to dance as well.

Is this an implication that crow himself is, in fact, an angel that we all dance with?

:tinfoil:

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Probably the word search one. But that's just my vote, I'm sure people have their own.

Wasn't someone going for a thread-long gambit where the first word/letter of all of their posts would spell out the phrase?

It's a shame that there aren't enough missions for AC6 to pull its own bullshit Dead Space-style long con where the first letter of every mission spells out DANCE WITH THE ANGELS.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

lalalalala, lalalalala, the angels they dance
lalalalala, lalalalala

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

I checked and saw that the thread in Games is AC7, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but oh well.

Has anyone ever put together the neat little medley of Testimony 1/abridged Zero from the attract movie without the game audio over it? I need something under 2:30 for a special project and I'd love to use it, just wanted to know if anyone ever made one.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Not to my knowledge, no. Unfortunately, the cutscenes are compressed down to one audio track so you can't strip away the dialog and sound effects from them like you can the gameplay generally. I could see about doing a dirty edit of it with the files I have. Would that possibly work?

It absolutely would. I was going to try my hand at it as well, though my biggest concern would be getting a good rip of the attract movie for the end, but I'm an idiot with this stuff and it'd be even more ham-handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Hey crow, when you see this and have a moment, could you ping me on discord at yoink? Want to talk shop and how many little segments exist in the trailer that don't in the song :negative:

Akujiki fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 7, 2017