Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Imperfect Cell and the shop menu.

What the gently caress does DBFZ need 2 currencies for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
in-game grinding and microtransactions presumably

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Doing a fullscreen ki spam just feels like this game's equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum and it's like, come on, man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Oh, I know what they do

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

they confirmed you cant buy currency. its all in game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do you get Premium Z then

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

From what I understand

Zeni buys you a capsule (Lootbox with random junk in it)
Hercule bux lets you just buy whatever the hell you want.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

How do you get Premium Z then

you get some every 10 rolls so you're guaranteed to get an item you dont have or something

its really weird and basically it works like a dumb microtransaction system... without any microtransactions lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you can also outright buy things with zeni its just more expensive basically?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it is a profoundly confusing and dumb system but its cosmetic/gallery poo poo and the only thing that truly matters is character colors which you'll end up getting in like 15 minutes of gameplay if its anything like guilty gear.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Everyone got better and i got worse over the course of the day.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Look, kids these days want grinding in all their games, so everyone's gotta find some way to tag a couple extra pointless hours onto games, that all it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

it is a profoundly confusing and dumb system but its cosmetic/gallery poo poo and the only thing that truly matters is character colors which you'll end up getting in like 15 minutes of gameplay if its anything like guilty gear.

I'm assuming this is true. I bet at some point in development premium Zenny was purchasable and then when EA got international courts to start intervening in their products they were like "You know...probably not worth it"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

I'm assuming this is true. I bet at some point in development premium Zenny was purchasable and then when EA got international courts to start intervening in their products they were like "You know...probably not worth it"

its literally how ggxrd works and namco/bandai is making all their money from the same weird-rear end dlc practices arcsys has always used (which are honestly kind of bad) except now its on a game thats going to sell 2 million copies instead of 200k

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Yeah, and then they moved that page of the spec doc to the Arcsys Fighting Jam project folder.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
like there's two things arcsystems are bad at an i will always give them poo poo for:
dlc practices
netcode

you can kind of forgive the DLC one (at least up until blazblue crosstag battle) because they make genuinely high quality titles with niche appeal and support them for years on end but as of late their poo poo isnt acceptable anymore imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is annoying that I have to spend 100 dollars upfront to get this game. I still haven't preordered, but I doubt there's going to be a cheap way to get those season pass characters until like months after they're all available :/

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

It is annoying that I have to spend 100 dollars upfront to get this game. I still haven't preordered, but I doubt there's going to be a cheap way to get those season pass characters until like months after they're all available :/

im with you my dude. i dont have anything against season passes, but i think they should be done later on as a pack alongside a yearly balance patch later on and not with an initial release to ensure continued longterm support and interest. making it a preorder thing is basically holding the real roster hostage.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I liked playing the beta a lot. Excited for the full release so I can play through the single player then get my friends to play like 3 matches with me before they stop wanting it play it ever again. I'm feeling a bit of regret buying it on a friends console rather than seeing if it would work on my bad computer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thinking about characters nobody has had access to yet and man more I think about Tien the more he comes off as a joke character. Like I'm just thinking about his specials and they seem absolutely terrible on paper. Especially given that he can Ginyu himself.

Neo-Tri Beam chunks off his health if you keep using it but does massive damage... but his enemies have blue health so they can heal it back while he's stuck with his HP gone.
One of his supers is Chiaotzu killing himself for standard lvl 3 damage, but it takes away all his moves that involve him leaving him missing a good chunk of tools.

Like those two things just make me wonder if he's destined for low tier right out the gate.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Neo Kikoho instantly hits the full screen and is invincible. If your opponent whiffs a move or calls an assist they die. He has a command grab for mixup and decent normals. He'll be fine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm feeling a bit of regret buying it on a friends console rather than seeing if it would work on my bad computer.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Neo-Tri Beam chunks off his health if you keep using it but does massive damage... but his enemies have blue health so they can heal it back while he's stuck with his HP gone.

Just means no half measures.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm pretty sure the season pass will be a separate purchase as well and the Ultimate Edition is just preordering all the DLC. I mean, they gave a separate price point for the pass when they announced it.

Like, I'm not saying that announcing a season pass before the game is even out is a good thing, but it's not exclusive to the Ultimate. You'll be able to buy it later.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 19, 2018

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The problem isn't my computer meeting basic requirements so much as most games made in the past decade make the drat thing overheat and crash even when I bring them down to minimum graphics and poo poo. It can theoretically run plenty of games, it just shuts itself down within a few minutes for most of them.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It sounds like it does not meet basic requirements, then.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Krillin telling 18 to give up and go be a housewife is one of the most bizarre things in the beta

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

The problem isn't my computer meeting basic requirements so much as most games made in the past decade make the drat thing overheat and crash even when I bring them down to minimum graphics and poo poo. It can theoretically run plenty of games, it just shuts itself down within a few minutes for most of them.

if this is anything like arcsys's other 3d anime games in the same style (xrd) the actual minimum recs are likely a good bit lower than that, if you are willing to edit the .ini and make the game look like dogshit.

but i am by no means suggesting you purchase the game for a platform that probably won't run it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
go home and be a family woman

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Krillin telling 18 to give up and go be a housewife is one of the most bizarre things in the beta

Gokus lip synch when facing frieza is so bad i dont want to use either as lead off so i never see it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Real hurthling! posted:

Gokus lip synch when facing frieza is so bad i dont want to use either as lead off so i never see it

You wanna see bad?

Behold Trunks Dramatic Finish vs Freeza and know true lip synch

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thinking about characters nobody has had access to yet and man more I think about Tien the more he comes off as a joke character. Like I'm just thinking about his specials and they seem absolutely terrible on paper. Especially given that he can Ginyu himself.

One of his supers is Chiaotzu killing himself for standard lvl 3 damage, but it takes away all his moves that involve him leaving him missing a good chunk of tools.

Like those two things just make me wonder if he's destined for low tier right out the gate.

looking at a youtube overview he looked solid enough, especially as a closer. i'm annoyed he got the super skin instead of the android saga toga shirt though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ick.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

like there's two things arcsystems are bad at an i will always give them poo poo for:
dlc practices
netcode

you can kind of forgive the DLC one (at least up until blazblue crosstag battle) because they make genuinely high quality titles with niche appeal and support them for years on end but as of late their poo poo isnt acceptable anymore imo.

It was cool with how Revelator rewarded people who support the game by allowing them to download new characters for free for a few days.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i basically hear no one talk about trunks and being excited to play as him, so at least we won't be exposed to this on stage

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Team Four Star being Team Four Star:

https://youtu.be/4-WsRdXVOhA?t=62s

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i basically hear no one talk about trunks and being excited to play as him, so at least we won't be exposed to this on stage

hi yes i'm excited for trunks

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I figured no one mentioned him because he hasn't been focused on for a long while, and he isn't in this beta so no one bothered. I'm totally maining the guy when I get the game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I want to put Trunks on my team and do Burning Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
After a couple hours with this game i can confirm its real fun.