Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

wait theres a frontpage??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

Goku was 14 during the Red Ribbon arc and still looked like Goten does now so I'm not sure why people expected him to suddenly transform into a different design.

Gohan was younger than that when he fought Cell and his design changed.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

lol

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like Saiyans don’t realize they’re actually ageless immortals because they all just eventually die in battle

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Momomo posted:

Gohan was younger than that when he fought Cell and his design changed.

clearly gohan's growth didn't get stunted because chichi made sure he was on a healthy brain-boosting diet growing up

goten was her second kid so she gave less of a poo poo and let him do whatever

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"Teen" Gohan was the best look he ever hand, not counting Great Saiyaman.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tracksuit Gohan is where it's at

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

pissdude posted:

wait theres a frontpage??

Yeah but you need 500,000 zenni to unlock it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

mystic gohan in the orange goku gi showing up to fight buu was peak gohan

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Cell's delivery is what makes this scene

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Mandrel posted:

mystic gohan in the orange goku gi showing up to fight buu was peak gohan

More like getting overconfident and being absorbed by Buu instead of just killing him was peak Gohan

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So there is a strange Wave things that are affecting the characters and making them weaker. Presumably to get them all around the same strength level in story mode.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Momomo posted:

More like getting overconfident and being absorbed by Buu instead of just killing him was peak Gohan

That's just peak Son family

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Momomo posted:

pretty much

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Momomo posted:

Not only twenty minutes later did his father not only just eliminate the way to fuse with Vegeta to just get all of this poo poo over and done with, but he lets him, his little brother, and his surrogate father die to save a fraud of a martial artist and a dog.

These kinds of oversights just run in the family.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

MechaX posted:

Not only twenty minutes later did his father not only just eliminate the way to fuse with Vegeta to just get all of this poo poo over and done with, but he lets him, his little brother, and his surrogate father die to save a fraud of a martial artist and a dog.

How shameful of you to not recognize the greatness of the world's one and only savior, Satan.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

FallenGod posted:

How shameful of you to not recognize the greatness of the world's one and only savior, Satan.

Hail, Satan!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MechaX posted:

I think that's just a saiyan thing in general.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MechaX posted:

to be fair Vegeta's the one who broke his potara and going the extra distance to grab Gohan and the others probably would have gotten them all killed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Maybe maybe not. The way that scenes framed makes it look like the supreme Kai's fault

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Maybe maybe not. The way that scenes framed makes it look like the supreme Kai's fault

If something looks like it's Shin's fault, then it probably is.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When all the Z-Fighters take dives to help make Mr. Satan look strong, they're really playing Devil's Advocate.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Is Mr Satan the strongest regular, non-ki using human in the series?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reiley posted:

When all the Z-Fighters take dives to help make Mr. Satan look strong, they're really playing Devil's Advocate.

apparently according to this game they're the Super Warriors now

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Are the newish red cover with white text 3in1s the best way to read the manga on paper? I’ve never read it and I think it’s time.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I'm pretty sure Android 17 is somewhere in the middle of the bristol chart.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Honestly I swear there must be guys in OG Dragonball that are stronger.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

17 uses ki.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I think it'd be Yajirobe. Yajirobe landed a few decent hits on Saiyan Saga Vegeta, which puts him basically at the same level as all the rest of the humans in that arc and therefore way above Mr. Satan.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Eighter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

noted regular human, android eight.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly we can't even be sure he's the strongest Regular-rear end Human in DB now given when was the last time he fought a regular rear end human.

That's right, never.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Honestly we can't even be sure he's the strongest Regular-rear end Human in DB now given when was the last time he fought a regular rear end human.

That's right, never.

He beat up those two assholes that shot Buu's dog.

There was also a flashback of him styling all over Spopovich before he got hooked on the majin roids.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did Yajirobe drink the magic water? Let Satan drink the magic water, it's only fair.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Count Bleck posted:

That's right, never.

His master got killed by Tao when he was younger and he beat the poo poo out of pre-majin Spopovich

that's the only frame of reference we really have for Satan vs normal people

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

His master got killed by Tao when he was younger and he beat the poo poo out of pre-majin Spopovich

that's the only frame of reference we really have for Satan vs normal people

According to Toriyama he around the level of King Chappa a guy from OG Dragonball. According to Yamcha Chappa won the title of World Martial Arts Champion the last time he participated in the Tournment without getting touched once. Roshi considered it bad luck that Goku was matched up with him in the preliminaries and stated he doubted Goku had a chance. Goku defeated him fairly easily to Roshi's shock as he did not expect Goku's gains from the 1st tournament he participated in and the second to be so massive.

So this puts Chappa and by extension Mr Satan according to Roshi at a level between Goku vs Jackie Chun and Goku vs Tien.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I want you to know that im against the game and i hate it but im not trying to argue. But fr fr this game is trash😂😂 its not just the graphics its the whole concept of them basically making Guilty Gear 2 and just slapping "dbz" on it and now its the best fighting game of the year. This game is not giving us anything new. Everybody is so hyped about the story mode and i admit the cutscenes are awesome but then when you are actuall6 fighting i wanted to cut the disc in half because it looked so trash. And you can say oh "ssavage ccharles well it was just the beta but there is nothing else to add that would make the game better the beta IS the game. New characters, or extended story mode wouldnt change anything. But then people wanna talk about how shinobi striker is trash when the beta was better than fighterz like COME ON MAN

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
For real though, this is the first fighting game I could see myself investing serious time in.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Source your quotes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I am going to take my trash self and play my trash game with my trash waifus and baby buus.