Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm here for the dragonballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Android 16 was such a compassionate and gentle android that his death pushed Gohan to ascend beyond the limits of Super Saiyan 1 in an unprecedented feat. If that's not incredibly badass to you then I think you should try to become a better person in life.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The devs mentioned that weaker characters will have the better assists so I wholly expect the Pilaf kids to be a three-in-one character with a phenomenal assist ability.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Beerus is incredibly powerful but his assist is "oh i'm not helping you"

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I figured out what Beerus's assist will be

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I hope if you have Goku and Blue Goku on your team then tagging out is just the model transforming like Kazuya > Devil Kazuya and that's why they have the same outfits.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sassassin posted:

Beerus shouldn't be in the game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

could just be story stuff though, like Bulma who we've seen in cutscenes already and is clearly not playable

Bulma is one of the greatest support characters of all time and you'd be a fool to write her off so quickly.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's more I can't think of any Tales character that has that huge combination of 80's hair, hoola hoop earrings, enormous glasses, and, for some reason, opera gloves.

She looks like she escaped from the set of late 80's/early 90's teen sitcom.

I can think of at least one anime from that timeframe that she would into nicely.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Agoat posted:

This is obvious but they don't even have to make original character designs. I don't think going to the upper 20's is out of the question.

If they want women on the cast they gotta reach a bit deeper, though.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Lunch would be a cool install character but canonically she's sort of outclassed by DBZ power creep. Videl feels like a natural inclusion since she can actually fight. Bulma as a Tron/Sentinel sort of thing would be really good, then you can have the whole Briefs family on one team.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Memory is fuzzy as it's been literal years but didn't Videl only get a single fight in the series and she got beat so hard she was a crying mess by the end of it?

That guy used Majin power to cheat.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I WANT
(stomps my feet)
BEERUS
(bangs my utensils on the table)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Are all seven dudes who got advanced copies of MVCI wishy-washy on the Dragon Ball game? Seems like a huge coincidence to me.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Agoat posted:

I just wish we could go into a "I play fighting games" mode and not match up with auto combo scrubs at launch.

You can go on Discord anytime you like.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Clever Spambot posted:

By rigid i mean just needing to look up what the optimal combo for your character rather than just being able to freeform keep hitting people in a way that logically follows. Rote memorization is the least fun part of fighting games imo and the auto combo sounds like it bandages that a bit but its meaningless if the autocombo is way worse than a normal combo.

Combos usually follow a logical flow of light > medium > heavy > special > super in virtually every game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Dragonball Super is just weird looking to me. It was super noticeable to me when a clip of Android 17 got posted a few pages back. He hardly even looks like the same character

I dunno man he still tucks his shirt into his mom jeans, that's classic 17.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Captain Ginyu? Captain Commando? 'Nuff said.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Yajirobe announced as the final character, he gets reverse negative penalty and builds meter by running away from opponents.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Super Dragon Ball Heroes did this.

anyway where's Arale?

That's Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta, actually. Good beard Nappa in the background though.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It looks like when Ginyu body swaps you it keeps the player names, i.e. Nappa's name is still Ginyu here and Ginyu's portrait is on the other team. I wonder if that means the swapped Ginyu doesn't have access to the Ginyu Force or something similar, since it's making the distinction between Nappa and Nappa swapped out by Ginyu.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

This dude's name is Max Scoville, that rules.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nappa looks a look cooler and more fun than I was expecting, gonna definitely be checking him out.

From Shonengamez:

So, order cycling. That's gonna be interesting to say the least.

Captain Ginyu is literally Captain Olimar from Smash Bros, right down to having color-specific pikmin teammates.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I just looked it up and it's really visually noisy, like Goku's face emerging from TV static.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Xad posted:

If nothing else I think it's a little odd that the cover art does nothing to tell you what kind of game is other than "a game with goku in it," but I don't think the art itself is bad, really.

If people think its one of those fighting games for try hards who play 24/7 they won't buy it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Beerus and Gotenks are going on my team, and I'll have to figure out who the third Rally Character is in this game. I'm happy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bulma is Tron Bonne

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

On the seventh day of Christmas, I got from DBZ,
Seven bars of meter
Six player battles
Five Attributes
Four Saiyan tiers
Three Gokus
Two-setting stages
And a partner for Android 18

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

That too, we still don't know exactly what triggers the Dragon Balls, but it doesn't seem like something that's easy to do.

You unlock the ball corresponding to the tens place of a combo you finish, then when they're all out you press a command first to make a wish.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I think the worry is more games at high level being about who can get Dragonballs first and whoever gets the wish just can't lose

Just simply run Ginyu and take away their Yamcha and then boom, good luck getting a 70-hit combo with that big galoot.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Super Smash Bros Vegeta

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Any character drawn in Akira Toriyama's style is essentially fair game.

Oh hell yes

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dias posted:

I mean, Krillin is tiny and bald and has sex with a realdoll he's pretty easy to tell apart anyway, but nice catch.

Do not besmirch 18's good name. You've made a powerful enemy this day.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My hot take is I'm grateful for this game but instead of DLC Waves I'd like Team Red to get a nice long vacation after this mega crunch, and then be able to work on whatever they want again, and if that happens to be Guilty Gear then all the better.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm excited to perform a Combo in this game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Just collect the dragon balls and wish for muscles

Goku Black main spotted.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nappa, 16, Buu, is that the three biggest characters we have so far? Is Majin Buu larger than Ginyu? You can build a good Team Small out of Gotenks, Krillin, Teen Gohan and Kid Buu, I believe fielding a wall of meat is equally viable.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sharrrk posted:

cell is extremely tall but not wide

Tallness is hardly wallness, i'm asking for oaks and you're giving me birch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

People compare Goku to Superman but really I think he's more analogous to Krypto, Superman's dog.