Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Mr. Unlucky posted:

beerus, hit, jiren, and kale

all the best characters are from super

who the gently caress cares about android 16?

People with good opinions :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I got the "beta is full" email :(

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Any footage of the beta floating around yet or is it all NDA/no streaming?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Good call on the Max steam. Some pretty good fights so far

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Dias posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/nakkiel_pnw

Come chill at this stream if you wanna see someone that is playing the game as it's intended to be played.

People using assists to extend combos!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In case anyone missed it, this dude was probably the best stream of the beta. All of the matches against Tatsunical are pretty awesome.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175542669

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Evil Canadian posted:

I wish there was footage of actual truly good players out there. Right now my biggest concern for the game(besides netcode) is damage ouput seems quite low. That combined with the fact that the amount of health that can be regen'ed after damage is absurdly high compared to most fighting games, and the not-x-factor lets you regen that health at an absurd speed(on top of your team mates regen outside of battle) makes game length way long.

Now that said it could just all be because everyone's bad and nobody is doing anything even remotely optimal but still its a thing that irks me.

Is there a way to take away a foes regenable health?

Good players

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

17 deserves to be his own character and not just an assist.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

All the damage we've seen of neo tri beam is raw super damage. If you're comboing into it, I'm sure it won't be nearly as insane. Though it looks like it may be fast enough to do it on reaction to some things?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I thought this was a misplaced SO4 post and was happy to be wrong.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

NecroMonster posted:

ending your air combo in the corner with the(an?) attack that knocks down now causes a wall bounce that looks nearly immediately techable. Looks like this makes it just about impossible to get assist extensions on combos, at the very least. Looks like it makes it impossible to get the sliding hardknockdown thing in the corner. It also looks like it might be harder to get that knockdown in general, cell has an attack that I think used to do it, but it doesn't look like it does now.

Is this only in the corner? Doesn't Trunks have a few moves that cause that ground slide too?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

He looks super fun.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Reinanigans posted:

Yup. That there is the most boring character in the game, as expected.

My exact thought.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is Zamasu a competent Supreme Kai? I haven't watched Super yet but I've seen the design and they look similar.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

He's an evil Supreme Kai.

It's weird but this may be the thing that finally gets me to start Super. I always liked the Supreme Kai's design and hated how useless he was in Z.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is the U6 tournament the Battle of Power stuff? If so, I'll watch the BoG movie and jump to that.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Kelp Plankton posted:

U6 v U7 tournament arc is good, but it's not the Tournament Of Power. It is, however, where you want to start watching Super after the movies.

U6vU7 is the first non-movie arc, and it leads into a lot of important stuff for later.

Thanks, that's where I'll start after the movies then!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I might pre-order just for more beta time.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Any of the new footage confirm if you can choose your assist now or if assists just changed?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally some English voices. :allears:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Raxivace posted:

It's a Dragon Ball game though. You're supposed to outright ignore your allies and try and defeat all of the opponents on your own, even if existence itself is at stake.

The true spirit of DBZ

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Maybe we'll see a future DBZ x GG game since they're in the same engine.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So It Goes posted:

I posted my preferences before for the 8 dlc character but here's my prediction for what they actually will be, roughly in order of most to least likely:

Broly (seems almost guaranteed, popular and has a unique fighting style niche)
Vegito (seems very likely from popularity alone, wouldn't necessarily have a unique moveset but they want the dlc to make money and vegito would do it)
Kefla (only way I don't see kefla making it is if they decide to do caulfila and kale separately instead. A strong selection of moves and adds some female representation. I would love to see their rendition of the double christmas beam move. Bonus points if Goku has a finisher that involves kamehameha surfing it).
Bardock or Raditz (the design space for these characters don't seem too great but they are likely too popular to leave out. I doubt they would do both of them though due to the design space overlap, I would imagine Bardock is more likely than Raditz. However, if they actually do the rumored base form goku and vegeta (ugh...) then that makes them less likely I would think because at some point you would be filling a large amount of the dlc with similar characters and movesets).
Jiren (the only thing stopping Jiren is the realtive lack of fights and moves so far. Still, that just gives opportunity to be creative plus if Jiren was the last of the 8 to be designed, he will have probably had some more fights in the show by then anyways).
Master Roshi (seems much more likely due to his involvement in Super. Good opportunity for a creative moveset and style).
Kid Goku (the only OG or GT character I think has a serious shot to make it. Lots of opportunity for unique moves here, including a great ape transformation and fighting with a weapon).
Mr. Satan or Videl (Adapting these into the game might be difficult due to the lack of blasts, but it seems like an opportunity to make a grappling/throw character and it shouldn't be too hard to make happen. I doubt both would be added since they would veer to the same playstyle niche. Mr. Satan seems more likely because of popularity although Videl does allow an opportunity for one of the very few female characters).
Goku Ultra Instinct (I don't know how difficult it would be to incorporate the idea of UI into the game, but if they could make it work it they'd probably include it. Because of that, this should maybe be higher honestly).
Whis (I don't think it's too likely but the popularity and room for a unique play style is there)

Finally a list of characters that are possibilities but I'd consider to be a long-shot because they either aren't popular enough or are already represented in other ways (I could see some of these in a DBFZ 2 as a lot of them have unique attacks and play styles that could be explored...): Zarbon, Android 17, Dr. Gero, Dabura, Super Buu, Fused Zamasu, Toppo, Cooler, Janemba, SSJ4.

I love Whis' design and would love if he was playable.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The doc says startup invincibility and in the gif he's going through an attack iirc

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Can you cancel digital preorders easily? Thinking preordering for the extra beta day but canceling so I can get that sweet Amazon discount.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Wrist Watch posted:

Ran across this clip of Hit's counter in action :eyepop:

https://gfycat.com/HonestMeatyAmericanavocet

Did this come from a video floating around somewhere?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Dias posted:

So, I'm taking a look at some of the concept combo stuff people with access to the game are putting out and I kinda get the feeling that you'll never use a super unless you're gonna kill or it actually sets up good oki. Most of the meter usage seems like it's gonna be vanishes or EX specials. Also corner carry will be king.

Got any links?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Wrist Watch posted:

So persona 4 arena, got it

I miss P4AU. Did the update patch ever come to consoles?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Of the people putting out DBFz content, he's the only one I can stand. Literally never watched anything of his on purpose before this, even though I knew of him. The rest of the people do a lot of screaming, fake hype, and other dumb youtube poo poo. I don't understand how anyone can follow a youtube "personality" honestly.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

hell yeah

id like to clarify that im not against the girls being in the game i just want it to actually make any kind of sense and fit the character. chi-chi in the dbz fighter by capcom used goku's flying nimbus and power pole that he didnt use anymore and that was fine and made sense and gave her a unique angle, but i dont want 'bulma can just punch now' or 'videl is just like any other character only all of its made up' because thatd just feel really shoehorned. I like the great saiyawoman suggestion for videl and for bulma you could have her use a bunch of capsules or something, but realistically there are characters people want in way before any of those people.

This is why I'm glad ArcSys got this game. Capcom absolutely would do stupid poo poo like this and other characters that would make sense to be in the game would be missing because "haha Bulma in a mech suit, amirite?!"

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

SirKibbles posted:

Goku Black's music is great

Yeah, I'm really digging that theme.

I wonder if ArcSys will give the option to have music work kind of like Marvel 3, where if your teammate dies, the next person who jumps in has their theme play.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Waffleman_ posted:

As for the venue, well....

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/950405084382294016

To be honest, this would be a great thing to do at EVO to give the game some main stage presence. Have an exhibition match during, say, the Tekken finals, pair it with a DLC character announcement, you've got something.

I'm already hype

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm seriously considering taking Monday off lol

Edit: I don't know how dates work

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 9, 2018

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Waffleman_ posted:

That wouldn't accomplish much seeing as the 13th is a Saturday.

You are right and I amend to Monday.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

This just keeps getting better and better :allears:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally watched the BoG movie and it was pretty fun. Especially bingo, MY BULMAAAAAAAAAAAAA, and Goku's version.

Gonna watch eps 15-18 and then jump to after RoF since I've already seen the movie.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Doggles posted:

Beerus trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAbX6YSa_jU

I think that's the last of the trailers, right?

Also, online manual for the open beta. Hope you've been studying your kanji!
https://ps4-dbfz.channel.or.jp/
(Click the splash page to open the manual. It took me way longer than I care to admit to figure that out.)

Loving Beerus' theme

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Can we take a moment to realize it took Frieza four months to do what Goku took decades to achieve? People talk about Gohan's potential but what about Frieza's????

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Reiley posted:

Dragon BALL!!!!!! Quote this if you agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dude there's so many incidental lines what the actual gently caress :psyduck:

Goku's level 1 feels customized to literally everyone he's fighting.
"Try this one on for size, Gohan!"
"It's over Freeza!!"
"I'll be sure to visit your grave!" (Kid Buu)

They all have interactions with their teams, intros vs each other, outros it's kind of boggling.

Edit: Beat a random character and had Freeza fly in vs Goku "That's it! I'm not about to lose to some worthless monkey!" I wonder how many voice files are in this game.

It's Goku's quote if Gohan (adult) is on your team when they all slide in. He also has one for Beerus thats
"It was great fighting alongside you Lord Beerus but... I'd really rather fight *you*."

ArcSys does this with all their games. It's one of the reasons people were upset about no dubs for their other games because you lose A LOT of flavor when you don't understand the incidental dialog.