Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone else getting long load times at the victory screen? When I do, it always loses connection if we try to rematch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Also I can't figure out what arena match is. There are stamps for it and it seems "open."

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

:siren: I SAW SOMEONE PLAYING KRILLIN :siren:

I also fought a Krillin. Added to the Krillin owned doubt.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is there a way to aim supers? I've seen people angling big bang attack or Beerus' super but I can't seem to do it myself.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Apparently 18's level 3 can get assists too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WywqEBuk27U&t=566s

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

It's a biiiiiig universe. And there's two.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Watching the U6/U7 arc and loving Vados

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally able to get back in the beta. Let's see if I can actually get a match though.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Broken Loose posted:

Dragon rush has a green flash during startup that's a tell and you can tech with any attack button. You can combo into it for snapbacks and extensions, though. It seems too early to decide if it's real or not, but free snaps are bananas.

Yeah, I'm surprised they don't cost something, especially with how fast blue life seems to regenerate.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

TheKingofSprings posted:

what buttons do the universal power boost thing

Do you mean charging or Sparking?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

FallenGod posted:

Got about 25 matches in, pretty hyped for the actual release of this so I can actually figure out what any of my special moves do.

Wish I had an up to date version of some other fighter to play in the meantime, I guess SFV without any DLC characters will have to do.

Play BlazBlue!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yeah, I think I must have been screwing up somehow. Every time I tried I just made a single ball. Oh well! I'll was going to have to practice the basics when it came out anyway.

If you were creating one orb you were hitting L or M, not S. Unless you mean a tiny ki blast, in which case, you weren't getting your qcf in.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I want an 18 vs. Vegeta dramatic finish.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

NecroMonster posted:

biggest group of people not playing are going to be haters. anime haters, real fighting game haters, and dudes who are real bitter about mvci.

I'm really curious to see how this plays out from the more...vocal mvci supporters.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Definitely not feeling the playable Android 21 design over the normal one but whatev. She looks fun.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Dracula Factory posted:

I think 21 looks pretty good, I think the move steal could be really interesting, have any fighting games used that mechanic before?

Rogue in every vs. game she's been in.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Just got my first rage quit. I'm not even that good lol

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Just played three rounds and Shenron came out twice for my opponent! Still won though!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jmcrofts posted:

yes it would. I'm guessing the game detects if the point character crosses up, and then makes assists get auto-blocked.

That seems like an odd design choice in an assist-based game.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jmcrofts posted:

Eh, I'm ok with them erring on the side of making offense not-completely-insane in a game where you can't mash captain corridor. Especially considering how many ways there are to teleport to the other side of the opponent.

I wonder if this works while the opponent is moving.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm beginning to think that this game might actually replace Street Fighter V as the most played game in the FGC. Am I being naive?

Didn't someone say tournament numbers already surpassed SFV at...Combo Breaker?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Siets posted:

Jmcrofts and Evil Canadian put out good tutorial content that I have always enjoyed while trying to learn new fighting games. (Those are the two that stand out for me, if there are other goon content makers please let me know so I can check them out too.)

But yeah, part of the fun of new fighting games are those first few magical weeks where super high level tech is still undiscovered and people are hard at work trying to find new combos. Also there will inevitably be a prematurely-labeled "OP" character by the unwashed masses who just don't know how to counter whatever simple gimmick keeps beating them. Then you practice countering the gimmick yourself and rack up the hatemail in your inbox when you body the "OP" character spammers.

It is a magical time. Cherish it. :allears:

Bolded is my favorite thing. Destroying Weskers back in the early MVC3 days was a good time. :allears:

I miss Marvel 3. :smith:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

MechaX posted:

Justin Wong explicitly took himself out of early tournaments because he played MvC:I maybe a week or two early (probably more).

FChamp was likely helping with testing for several months, entered tournaments for that easy money, and still got absolutely washed. And then I guess he and his crew decided to beef with SonicFox for reasons I guess until he got washed again.

There was also that time that IFC Yipes (commentator) decided to up root and move literally across the entire United States because Mahvel, only to have that blow up in his face and move back across the country in a little under a month.

MvC:I was just a black hole of stupid decisions.

I don't remember the Yipes thing. Why/when did that happen?

Dias posted:

Every time I see Beerus block and lose all his orbs, I shed a single tear. I just wanna be a jerk and fill the screen with balls.

Same. I'm not 100% sure what the gameplan is for Beerus. I played him during the beta because I like the character but the balls being weaker than beams or semi-beams (so super dashable) and disappearing on block seems to kind of kill all his specials.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jmcrofts posted:

Right around the launch of MVCI

But why? Isn't the Marvel scene strongest in NYC? What would make California a destination strictly for Marvel?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Dias posted:

I see the East Coast Early Access is already in place.

One of the things I miss about being in NYC. There was always someone willing to break street date.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

i hope everyone has a specific candy they turn into when she level 3s them

I wouldn't put it past ArcSys to do this.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Krillin is a jawbreaker

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Combo challenges are less comprehensive than I expected.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

https://youtu.be/62_mrjw4Sd0

I'd pay for this announcer pack.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I can't believe I'm the first to ask but have any of the other theme songs surfaced with the early copies in the wild? Preferably Beerus, Hit, or Goku Black.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Rudoku posted:

Goten's way more mature these days. Then again, he's like 14 in Super.

Wait, are Goten and Trunks supposed to be in their teens in Super? That's definitely not the vibe I got.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Does anything not have that option anymore?

What game has all of those options in the menu?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally! That channel has most themes up now.

A lot of these are REALLY good!

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 24, 2018

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Taintrunner posted:

I bought the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai, did I gently caress up not getting the Qanba?

Nope. The RAP4 is a great stick.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm going to a launch day event for this I'm looking forward to getting my rear end kicked by guys who bought the game a week early

:same:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

My preload just finished

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

multijoe posted:

We had to wait months for a legal Super stream and we still don't have access to the english dub, just give us this.

Funimation has the English dub up through the U6/7 tournament arc

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

New stage themes are getting uploaded!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuZLN6Y8c4s

I'm digging Space.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Ixiggle posted:

It seems to depend per character/move. Saibamen seem to persist but for example Piccolo HellZone Grenade super will disappear if you dhc out of it (a frankly weird and hosed up choice, imo)

Especially since Gotenks' ghosts persist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Tournament mode footage