Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it'll only be good if spike the devil man is in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

i want bad character from dumb movie and also lovely character from gt or i'm not gunna buy this

100% agreed unironically, broly and omega shenron or riot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

As long as you do a cool thing before you lose you win.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buu gave hercule depth instead of him just being a one-off gag

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frieza has a 22a, cell has command normals

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

(Haven't watched Super so I can't speak on that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAibmdtd3-g

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

super has much better fight scenes than Z huh

there's no way I could ever get used to japanese goku's voice though
super's getting dubbed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best deep cut in a dbz game is jump ultimate stars where goku's guard break was him telling a pun like he had to to get king kai to train him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the answer to all of those is namco bandai

except full metal alchemist, that belongs to square enix since the manga ran in their magazine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

an fma fighting game would be cool af
there was one for ps2 but it was a crappy power stone clone and also based on the 2003 anime which means it didn't have the best character in fma, ling yao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

The whitest post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

random dumb original villains are a staple of dragon ball

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question, but what was Cell's Aura Fart Explosion super based off of?

sometimes when he's killing civvies he just makes a big explosion out of himself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I think a lot of it is that they really hosed with him visually. Costuming is a huge aspect of character recognition, especially in animated stuff. 17 was recognizable because of the bandanna, the contrasting colors, the fact that he dressed and looked like a teenager but had this scary air about him.

The new costume has muted colors, this kind of off-green blah shirt, no more bandanna. He looks super generic.
toriyama changed his outfit even in actual dbz so

that said his end of buu saga outfit did still have the bandanna so i guess if you're hung up on that that's a thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gundam is a tale of bad guys from outer space

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nappa's saibamen better act exactly like jack-o's pumpkin dudes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

does Dabura really have enough to work with?
He has the sword, he can turn people to stone, he's a devil from hell. There's stuff to work with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Renoistic posted:

All I want is for then to include Bulma, Chi-Chi and Videl as playable characters. If they decide to turn them into a single character like 17/18 that's OK, I guess.

They should throw in the Pilaf gang while they're at it. And Launch. And that one Red Ribbon woman who's in a single panel in the manga. I just want some more OG Dragon Ball representation, damnit.

Edit: A tag team of young Chi-Chi and her dad.

Edit2: Please no more character that are just Goku with different hair colors. Is the blue hair thing from super? It's the most :effort: thing I've seen in a long time.
watch battle of gods, its a good movie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vakal posted:

They really should have put in one-armed buff Gohan from the Trunks timeline instead.
There's some weird esrb reason for future gohan where he doesn't have only one arm even when he fights with just the one arm and is specifically future gohan. You can see that in tenkaichi 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Gotenks

Power: 3
Speed: 4
Reach: 1
Technique: 3
Energy: 4
Unleash special moves with extremely flashy names one after the next! Continuous attacks that put adults to shame, with powerful special moves that don’t fail to live up to their name. Use the “Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack” to summon ghosts that deal damage upon impact. Use the Meteor special attack “Charging Ultra Buu Buu Volleyball” to imprison your opponent within multiple rings in the shape of a ball. From there, one of your team members will jump in and start playing volleyball. Finish it off with a spike! The scenes for some of Gotenks’ special moves will change depending on the combination of team members.

Kid Buu

Power: 4
Reach: 3
Technique: 4
Energy: 4
Kid Buu has tricky attacks that make use of his elastic body. Since he has both power and speed, he can be a troublesome foe. He has unpredictable movements, such as stretching into the shape of a ball. His Meteor special attack is “Planet Burst”—that attack that destroys the earth. The opponent stands no chance once it hits.

Adult Gohan

Power: 3
Reach: 3
Technique: 4
Energy: 2
Borrowing the power of Old Kai, Gohan unlocked his potential. With special attacks, his abilities have significantly improved. Use all of the Ki Gauge to unlock your potential! Depending on the amount of the Ki Gauge consumed, the magnification of Gohan’s abilities increase will change. Gohan’s Meteor special attack is “Ultimate Kamehameha.” Neither its power or number of hits can be compared to the regular Kamehameha

Adult Gohan is just order Sol I guess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

it looks like someone drew it in their history notebook mid-lecture
That's just how toriyama draws

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Star Man posted:

It's like none of you have ever watched DBZ or something. Goku is the only character that matters.
You should play attack of the saiyans, a ds RPG by the xenoblade guys. Goku isn't playable for 90% of it and Yamcha one-shots every boss in the game up to and including the secret fight against Broly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Tien, Nappa, Majin Buu only team I need.

I just worry Nappa is a puppet character like Carl though. I was always awful at puppet characters :(

Nappa seems closer to Rachel than Carl. The saibamen aren't out all the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I hope the Nappa-Vegeta dialog is as wonderfully awkward as I imagine it to be.

"Hey! That was a dick move!"
"Yeah. So what are you going to do now?"
"...nothing..."

Also, Adult Gohan and Ginyu in a pose off!

EDIT: Speaking of Nappa-Vegeta reunions, is GT considered canon these days?
I believe Xenoverse threaded the needle by saying it's a possible continuation of the timeline from Z, but not the one and only one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does Cooler have moves that Frieza doesn't? I remember he had a Shredder form and a T1000 form but I don't remember them actually doing much of anything.
He has that move where he turns his arm into a laser sword

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only movie villain that has a shot is broly, because he's popular and has a reasonable pool of moves to draw from

Garlic Jr: Not very popular, no real interesting moves
turles: not very popular, kind of boring moveset, Another Goku
Dr. Wheelo: Not popular whatsoever, though you could make cool moves for him
Lord Slug: not very popular, just basically piccolo
Cooler: Somewhat popular, but his moveset is just Frieza's
Android 13: Not very popular outside of a few goofy dubisms, only recognizable move is the Goten Eraser
Broly: Popular, has a fairly unique design just due to how Huge he is, reasonable amount of unique moves to pull from (even the way he tosses ki blasts is kind of unique)
Bojack: Who?
Hirudegarn: Seriously, who?
Janemba: Cool moveset, people like his design, but I don't think people actually care enough about him to get in over canon characters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that said 13 is my favorite movie villain just because of those dubisms

"Listen boy, don't you lecture me with your thirty dollar haircut! Goku dies!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, it's hard to blame the writers of the movies. They were working in incredibly tight deadlines and even if they did write something really good it'd basically mean nothing because they were writing hour long fight scenes that would never be canon, and they probably had a lot of weird restrictions on what they could/couldn't do. ==

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dr.acula posted:

Hatchiyack confirmed
plan to eradicate the dlc sales

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flytrap posted:

Gohan did something that was super cool and good and awesome but the problem is that thing should be a character in their own right instead.
Videl?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes probably not in the game 'cause nobody really cares that much and she doesnt have much potential for a moveset, but they could make her the great saiyaman representative if they wanted. my bet is that she'll be in as dlc or in dbz fighterz 2 or whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah power levels are literally not a factor in who's in versus not in, nappa is weaker than cui but one of them's in and one of them isnt

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hot take: kale and caulifla are fine, broly will probably get in over them because he's more iconic, disliking the super saiyan girls is fine but ive seen too many dudes in dokkan streams going insane and calling them FALE AND CUNTIFLA or whatever to take that at face value outside of a literal 'nah im not that into them' post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

dbz is perfect and every criticism i has is exclusively with two characters and not the 12 characters that are literally the same or the weird pacing issues or the fact that gt ever ex-

Excuse me. There is no such thing as Dragon Ball GT. Thank you.
gt wasnt THAT bad tbh, it wasnt great but like, it had huge pacing issues and weird plot holes and conveniences and contrivances and nobody except goku got to do anything... just like the original series?

i mean its still easily the worst db tv series but its just a mediocre shonen thing not anything uniquely awful. and its ending has actual nuance and mystery and adventure to it, which is more than i can say for every other ending the series has had

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love broly just because the shot where he kool-aid mans through a building and sends gohan flying across another one is the coolest shot in dbz

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yamcha/tien/krillin is the team of champions

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

super buu will probably be dlc or in dbz fighterz 2, but no way hes in at launch with kid buu having his most iconic move and there already being two buus in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

It's weird how she's billed as this new character to the canon being revealed in this one game, but nothing thus far seems to suggest that she's actually playable.

That said, if 21 is actually playable I don't think I could resist tag-team cyborg babe action.
The developers said that they added her because they felt the game would have too many guys otherwise so not making her playable would be weird.