Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean summons are like orbs except they generally talk and have arms and legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean it's okay to like bad things. You're entitled to your opinions.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly we can't even be sure he's the strongest Regular-rear end Human in DB now given when was the last time he fought a regular rear end human.

That's right, never.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I still don't know what to buy this on in all honesty, PS4 or PC.

If this is anything like other Arcsys games (Guilty Gear and Blazblue) apparently Lobbies are more the norm on PC and ranked on console.

So probably PC, right?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

multijoe posted:

*in my best shrill nerd voice* Actually I think you will find even Beerus and Goku Black would be unable to strike Whis as even in his primitive form of Ultra Insitinct Goku was able to dodge every attack Jiren, a being whose power exceeds those of the Gods of Destruction, made with ease. Therefore it stands to reason as a master practitioner of the same technique Whis' ability to evade attacks would far exceed Goku's own and it would be highly implausible for any being weaker than an Angel to land a blow on him and it would be illogical to include such a fundamentally invincible character in a game where players are expected to exchange blows and damage each others characters, good day sir

Yeah okay but Yamcha can beat up Blue Vegeta.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Anybody worried about this game having clone characters shouldn't be worried.

BlazBlue had 3 characters who were literal physical copies of each other and they all played differently despite two of those characters literally being palette swaps with similar animations for moves.

Oh and the character they were copied from story wise is also completely different gameplay wise.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

CharlestonJew posted:

ArcSys just announced the first DLC character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Would ironically play.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm surprised nobody has talked about DLC for the actual best character.

When's Spopovich

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3BuI88v-dM

goddamn they did such a good job of making themes fit the characters

I agree.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Android 16's theme IS SO GOOD OH MY GOD.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

He stalled Cell long enough for Goku to show up once.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The Crusher posted:

Not sure if this is Piccolo specific (I've only had an hour to mess around with the game so far) but I think it'd extra BAD rear end that Piccolo can not only charge his Special Beam Cannon, but can do short-range teleports during it if you press left/right during charge. I'm eager to make some stylin' raw supers that way.

Only he can do it, it's a reference to his Universe Tournament fight with Frost, I believe.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

seiferguy posted:

Some of the dialogue you get when you put certain teammates together is amazing. Also I think this game solely exists to roast Yamcha:

(Context was Yamcha asking Piccolo to use his Kami powers to stop the clones, and Piccolo gives him a Han Solo-esque "that's not how the force works!" Explanation)

If you rescue Yamcha during the Villain's Arc, Frieza is intrigued as to why Yamcha didn't get knocked out when the waves suppressed everyone else's powers. Turns out he doesn't meet the threshold for "strong enough to seal". Comedy ensues.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Flytrap posted:

Oooh, that makes sense. Looking it up now...you have to get Goku and Vegeta to level 40 to unlock Blue in story mode, it seems.

I'd...rather not.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Exclusive posted:

So this is crazy but 100% works -- you and your friends have to go to Steam -> Settings -> Downloads and make sure you are all set to the same Download Region.

edit: if you're not on PC i have no loving idea

Well obviously it's because you can't get that data in round 1 if your download speed is too slow.

Gotta get in their turf to get in their head.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Magical.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I will only accept Cooler if one of his S Specials is a projectile counter that has him fly through the beam/ki ball/whatever and punch the user dead in the jaw.

Alan_Shore posted:

Man Hit is weird. Like he's cool but his specials are all really delayed and it feels like you don't have time to ever use them. He does confuse people tho, I had some success with him last night. I've also never seen Hit online either. Maybe he's bad?

He's not really bad as much as he is different from the rest of the cast.

He's primarily ground oriented and doesn't like being in the air at all, he also has no real projectile besides his qcfM->L and that requires you to enter a stance.

He's basically the Slayer of this game, where Slayer was just so weirdly different from the rest of the Guilty Gear cast.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

anime was right posted:

thats not a combo

canoshiz posted:

That's not a combo

Lads calm down

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fuzz posted:

If you wanna see the worst video on YouTube right now, go watch the Angry Joe Review. Good loving lord.

I couldn't get through the intro.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

J2DK posted:

Can you use assists and then call them in for a super in a real match? I thought you were limited to using each partner as ether an assist or a super in one combo and combos like this were a result of the "quick recovery" setting for assists.

You can in fact call in assists to do supers instead of their regular move!

qcf + Assist button for a level 1, and hcb + Assist for level 3!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I am capable of reading like a regular human being. I am very smart.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Everytime I think of Arcsys Zoner Character I think of Calamity Trigger.

Specifically these two assholes.

DBFZ can do without Arcsys Zoner Characters.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tag yourself.

I'm BootyCrushrSuprm

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Firstborn posted:

Didn't realize this was a thing already:
https://fighterzmods.com/mods/

Let's have a lo-

Nope.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Marin Karin posted:

I'm at the Cell saga in Kai and it's honestly amazing how much better his English voice acting is in this game than in the anime. Maybe there's a better voice director?

Him laughing at Yamcha in the story mode is a top 10 best voice acting moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_JX-kqrp1Y&t=56s

It's weird how laughably weak Yamcha is when he has some of the cooler special attacks.
Spirit Ball is a cool rear end move.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Evil Canadian posted:

Hits is the big thing

Android 21 using Tien for example, will let you get more hits in your combo than using Goku black will because his is only 1 hit, despite both being beam assists.

Doesn't Dodon Ray knock your opponent up instead of hold them in place like the other beam assists do?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He busts it out in Super in order to fight a mind-controlled Roshi

Roshi zaps him with lightning, ending the fight in roughly three seconds

Yeah they go to great lengths to show just how useless Tien is in that episode.

And yet he still goes to the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Barudak posted:

A double goku by any name would dunk just as well.

https://twitter.com/alpha00zero/status/965120453621829632