Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Star Man posted:

I still want Bulma in a mecha and Pikkon.

You got some good opinions friend :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Yeah I suggest everybody hold off on the Fightez and ultimate editions. I'm getting xenoverse 2 flashbacks

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Sade posted:

I bet the dlc aregonna be all dbs characters:

beerus
hit
caulifla
kale

one of the danger trio (with the others as partners)
jiren
toppo? frost
cabba?? jaco ultra goku

Bolded are pretty much guaranteed given how popular they are.

Barudak posted:

After last episodes burn by Toppo on Vegeta he kind of needs to be in the game in some capacity.

I wanna see that mustache rendered in ArkSys's engine

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Broly is essentially the ultimate big guy, and a legitimate inspiration for other big guys hoping to become bigger.

They aren't going to put Broly in the game when Kale exists, has the exact same moves, and is a woman in a cast that so far only has 2 women and one of them is specifically made so the game doesn't only have one woman also he sucks compared to Kale. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Kale, the canon broly, is cooler and better than Broly and has taken his place in the pantheon of gods.

Boy Kale can be an alt skin where he can be lame somewhere else.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I kinda want Yamcha to be top tier because his intro is amazing.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

When is the beta for this opening?

Also lmao 95 usd for the game and season pass. Take my money

You missed it already but game is out is January edit : Oh you meant the open beta nah you're good.

edit: I wish fighting games would stop doing this. Like I get it the 8 characters aren't finished then just don't announce them until they are. It's a dragonball game of course there was going to be more characters but announcing it this far in advance just annoys people.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 13, 2017

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Last four are 100% going to be Beerus, Hit, Goku Black, and either 21/Broly. All doubt has dissipated from my mind.

Hit is powerful and real and all of our friends and that's why he's probably DLC but Beerus is all but confirmed now and Goku Black has Future Trunks' stage so him too.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Sade posted:

Gamedev, especially in Japan, often operates on shoestring budgets that are very closely calculated. Efficiency and reusability are really necessary in the creation of art assets, and saying "they could throw in" a bunch of characters kinda minimizes how expensive it really is to produce assets of sufficient quality for playable characters.

also, Hit and Beerus are gonna be in the first wave of DLC, bet on it

Normally yes but too many Goku's was a thing they specifically addressed so it's not like they'll go full tilt. ArkSys typically doesn't have too many clone characters either so this isn't avg game dev.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's an unambiguous Beerus icon in an arcade mode screenshot, there's no way he's not in the base game.

The fact that they go out of their way to hide that prt of the screenshot on the website seals it.

TriffTshngo posted:

Hit and other Super characters will likely be their own DLC set, but if Beerus somehow doesn't make it into the base game that will be really weird to me. He's more or less the reason Dragonball is back, and is technically from Z rather than Super.
I still can't believe dragonball evolution was that bad.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Im really blown away at how everyone is pushing for Kale/Caulifa/Videl but theres never anyone asking "Wheres Bulma?" like im always asking

I was and so was a bunch of other people here but then Bulma's Japanese VA died so yeah probably not happening

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

We know the number of dlc numbers already?

Yep it's part of the 2 pre order tiers

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like Videl and Kale/Caulifa/Kefla are really likely just to even out the gender ratio, which is why 21 exists.

I'd say Videl and then either Caulifa and Kelfa or Caulifa and Kale but not all three. Caulifa is super popular so I'd lean towards her. Pan might get in if they do GT stuff but her moveset is kind of eh (dbsuper needs a timeskip so bad)

NecroMonster posted:

kid goku
tao pai pai
raditz
broly
kefla
vegito
master roshi
mr satan

i'd rather have someone else in raditz and broly's place, but that's how it's going to go

I'd be cool with more goku if it was kid goku. They usually come in 3 though so kid goku/tao pai pai and who else? I don't think Raditz is that popular but Broly is probably a lock so unless they change up Kale she's out.

My guesses are

mr satan or Jaco (but not both.)
Kid Goku
Broly
Videl or Saiyman 2 or Pan ( Normally I'd say they might do both but I can't see Pan or Videl beating out any of the 3 new saiyans plus they need db super stuff)
Kelfa or Caulfia
Vegito
Master Roshi
Omega Sheron or Tao pai pai ( OG db vs GT)

Diabetic posted:

What's the difference? I want to go ahead and sink the money down for all of it and I hate having to piece it out so which is the "ultimate" one without the statue?

The Fighterz edition is the game plus the 8 DLC

The Ultimate edition has the 8 DLC characters plus

Anime Music Pack (11 songs from the Anime) It's not clear what songs except I'm pretty sure "Cha-La Head-Cha-La" is one
Commentator Voice Pack ( No word on who it is)

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 15, 2017

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Countblanc posted:

lets be real, Shenron knew exactly what he was doing

We he revives Frieza in Resurrection F he totally could've reformed Frieza's body but he's all nah gently caress that guy and revives him in pieces.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

These are the songs listed for the season pass:

Intros and endings:
(“Mystical Adventure!”); the opening theme to the Dragon Ball TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7kZVH849Eo
(“I’ll Give You Romance”); the ending theme to the Dragon Ball TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMDGMF2TPgU
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA; the first opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYnLO7MVKno
WE GOTTA POWER; the second opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmqDipQn9A&list=RDKDmqDipQn9A
(“Come Out, Incredible ZENKAI Power!”); the first ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgo7tU4HKZQ
(“We Were Angels”); the second ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LcRRXPPDDc
DAN DAN; the opening theme to the Dragon Ball GT TV series (Pretty much confirms that they'll be GT in the 8 character pack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUr25LuYr6Q
BGM

(“Prologue & Subtitle”); episode recap and title card music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7OTsUVcE4
(“A New Hero is Born”)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofXpIpjD7Rk
(“Solid State Scouter”); the Bardock TV special insert song And the 4th Goku is Bardock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm77VCkf_do
(“The Fearsome Ginyu Special Force”)

Waffleman_ posted:

Also yessss TOKUSENTAI
Sorry friend but it's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCpaMqosRY&t=53s
which is still pretty rad.

IcePhoenix posted:

never skip filler imo

Seriously, never ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n65Ffma-g4

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

Finally some English voices. :allears:

This is the first time Goku Black has been in English that isn't Xenoverse's rush job right?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

The origin of the Majin in Xenoverse is the most Akira Toriyama thing.

Isn't it great. I hope that and Gohan doing a huge research paper on ki stuff gets into the story proper.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

eonwe posted:

im excited to see what dragonball super characters get introduced for DLC

put in my boy katopesla

It's going to be lady Goku to meet the ever increasing goku quota but they might just put in the fusion instead. I can't see Kale since Broly seems like a shoe in but Caulifia is pretty popular on her own. Also I can't build at least one team full of ladies and that's some nonsense.

A part of me needs to see Toppo's mustache in this art style but it'll probably be Jiren if we get any u11 people.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

jiren has a cool design but he's insanely loving boring, his whole shtick so far has just been being so much more powerful than everyone else and being stoic and mysterious

it's like he's a pastiche of the worst kind of shonen antagonists but he's played completely straight

In the show, he has a personality but Toei is going all vague and mysterious but going by the manga he's basically Superman yeah

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

eonwe posted:

she has fussed over Goten and Pan, but nothing else

Unlike Bulma and 18. Videl and Chi-chi have yet to get over the dreaded anime mom syndrome

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Terper posted:

I'm gonna Final Flash the next person who says it's better animated than the show.

It really is, they have more money and don't have to do it every week.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

fadam posted:

When Hellpockets does Yamcha's Wolf Fist whatever move he makes a point of showing and getting excited about how if you press the EX button before the move actually hits it changes properties slightly and pops the enemy up instead of just hitting them. I don't quite get why that's a big deal because it doesn't look particularly hard to block and you can combo after the regular move anyway I thought.

Popping them up means they can't block so if they want to get out they are going to have to use an assist or burn meter to get out .

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Countblanc posted:

im shocked they arent plugging the 3v3 "everyone controls one character" mode more, I really felt like that was gonna be a Casual Magnet

Have they explained if it that mode is local only or not? I can see people throwing on purpose online

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Why did no one tell ArcSys is on twitter roasting GT and fake leakers. This is gold.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Post some tweets, coward

This is for the Blazblue Cross Tag Battle but since the leaker is supposedly the same person as the DBfighters leaker with the base goku base vegeta nonsense it's most likely wrong too.

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/948378440926990337

And the GT burn

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/945710862576254977

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

I feel there is a lot of nuance to the character that is completely over Max's head. Then again max isn't exactly the guy for any real deep insight.
he only had like 5 minutes Bandai Namco limited previews to like 10 min and the people they invited got like no time. Other people who uploaded videos look equally bad. It kinda sucks but I guess they don't want to show off too much which kinda worries me.

Reiley posted:

What color outfits are you gonna coordinate your teams with, i'm thinking gold or purple.

Yellow because Hit and 18 look good in it and I can finally have Celldorado in my fightmans.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jan 6, 2018

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Brosnan posted:

I definitely get being eager to find out what everyone's bullshit is but it would be wack to just have a bunch of full character strategy guides out there on day 1.
That's most likely the reason, I'm just so cynical in regards to how video games are usually handled.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Other world tournament was great though.

Pikkon was so good.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

anime was right posted:

one or more of the three between broly, caulifa, and kale seem like the most likely candidates right before roshi.

i'd put money in jiren being in but being a later character

after that who knows lol

id hope videl, bulma, and satan make it in. there's probably a lot of fun to be had designing those chars.

Uhhh who is going to be Bulma's VA? With Mr.Satan they straight up said they aren't trying to do joke characters so that would make it kind of hard,and Videl has the same problem Pan does, no moves(well Pan has the Maseko and Kamehameha but so many characters have both those moves)

Someone pointed out that Roshi is the only ToP member from u7 not in dbfighters so that increases his odds to me. People really like Broly and as much as I dislike maximum power man he is popular, Bardock also literally has his theme in the game.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Godamnit I keep getting them confused. It's weird because I always called Dabura Literal Satan because he looks like it, and we already have a mr. satan

Well he was the King of the demon world so he kinda is. :v:

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 8, 2018

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, Goku and Vegeta's English VAs wanna go head to head for a video and Funi and Bamco are totally down.

Can't not post the tweet it's great
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/950241416403390464

And Bandai Namco's reply
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/950244165358567424

edit: It's definitely happening
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/950247518415282176

Goku Black's music is great

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Are there unique meters in the game? I havent seen any

Adult Gohan technically has one and Nappa has one for his Saibamen planting time.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

That's the thing, Caulifla herself doesn't really have that much unique about her attacks or fighting style. If you just keep her at a flat Super Saiyan and don't involve Kale in any way, she's really just another Saiyan. Her main thing was her impossibly fast growth as a fighter, so if Arcsys can quantify Gohan's potential unlock as a unique ability I bet they could figure out some way to make her slamming through transformations one after the other a gameplay mechanic.

Of course the easy answer is to just put Kefla in instead since she's got more obvious stuff you could adapt, or Kale since she's just (better) Broly, but it's fun to speculate.

We need Caulifla because we need girl Goku. I mean like evil Goku is already in come on. The Goku singularity must be reached. Kale's gotta be a shoe in because how are you going to put boy Kale in and not have Kale herself that's just weird

Breaking news Sean Schemmel is a giant cry baby who is bad at vidya games #Gokudroolz #VegetaRulz

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i really like the idea of caulifla and kale being a tag team character since that's exactly how they've been shown to enjoy fighting the most. it just makes sense, to me

Only if they ice climbers it and literally never stop holding hands :colbert:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

Breaking news Sean Schemmel is a giant cry baby who is bad at vidya games #Gokudroolz #VegetaRulz

Exclusive update Chris Sabat has neither a cool battle horn or a dog that loves him. #Gokusytlin #Princeofjobbers

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah I guess I'm just thinking of finishers and how faithful they're trying to be. I thought about Nappa and Vegeta but as a finisher it didn't make much sense as they were a team. Figure if it's in it would be like how Frieza kills Krillin in the intro vs Goku.

I'm pretty sure Cell crushing the head is going to be a intro as well, though T.Gohan killing Cell would be neato

Teen Gohan killing Cell is in the trailer

Cell crushing 16 is at 58 seconds Gohan killing Cell and doing the thumbs up starts at 1:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRFxs1BEFk

BattleHamster posted:

Celebrity button mashing contests are so stupid. Can't these voice actors just do the thing where they commentate the match and pick pros to play for them?
The awkward flailing around is the fun part :v:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

:five:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Judging the game by filesize is worthless because the bulk is going to be audio. The art style uses very few textures and there's no need for any pre-rendered video.

Also most game companies give zero fucks about file compression. Like I think Tekken 7 just has all the video game cutscenes for all the Tekken games ever just not compressed at all right?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

all those female DBZ characters with their asses hanging out like

Shameful butts

TaurusOxford posted:

That's still not a great selection considering one of them is just gender-swapped Broly.
Between Broly and Kale one of these is a canon character with a background and personality and the other is real mad because Goku cried and doesn't even have speaking lines in their other to movies. Broly is boy Kale

Mechafunkzilla posted:

We've alreadly got 3 Gokus, just give us Lady Goku

Sup Caulifla for Fighterz buddy

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 16, 2018

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

and yet Broly is still the far more popular character. :v:

I can't help if half the fanbase knows who the better character is and the other half is just screaming "When Broly" over and over

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

I want an 18 vs. Vegeta dramatic finish.

I will main the hell out of 18 if I get to break people's arms when I win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I don't think they'll do a revision because after 8 DLC characters there won't be enough other characters that they could add to a revision that people would give a poo poo about.

I honestly think there's enough for a least 4 more characters after the 8. DB has a lot of characters and each character only needs like 4 moves from looking at the move list.

Doggles posted:

We may not be getting alternate outfits for the main game portion because of the detailed animation style, but it looks like there'll be plenty of lobby character options:

:bisonyes:

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 19, 2018