Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Buhbuhj posted:

Im gonna play the 2 chicks.

:same:

Brother Entropy posted:

another cool touch about 18 is that if you have krillin in your team she'll do her level 3 super w/him instead of 17

it's really cute

this game is gonna rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

If you wanna see it in action:

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/900565768940785664

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I feel the practice room really should be right next door to the matchmaking. It's just natural instinct to run forward in a game, I bet a lot of people miss it.

Countblanc posted:

is there a lot of bitching about the beta?

People treat betas like demos so there's a lot of "I paid for this game I want the beta to work!"

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Freiza is really fun, and the best at stopping super dashes if you're a bad like me. His 5H and 2H are insanely easy to counter them with. Some people are so addicted to super dashing that you can just stand across the screen spamming 5H and they'll still fly right into it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

I will main the hell out of 18 if I get to break people's arms when I win

Her command throw already has her arm break stomp at least. Though I would like that as a dramatic finish as well.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Woolie made a video for new FG players getting into this game. I hope this helps the new players coming in.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cQdhPm6OLrU&

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I'm thankful for the reminder that the Saiyan saga is cool and good

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

JWong forgot to tell Goku to hold back

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I'm glad the hero Vegeta, Prince of All Saiyans, finally defeated heinous villain Goku

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

"I got a dragon ball, what does that do?" is actually how the whole story began so this is going full circle

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Akumos posted:

Installing now, had to restart.

Yeah restarting Steam does it.

TIME TO play story mode to unlock 21 before I go online

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

slev posted:

It took me like 15 minutes to do picollo's last trial I am garbage

:same:

But it's a fun game to be garbage in!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

In the PS4 beta each region had 10 separate servers. I know that was an open beta, but it's still strange they didn't keep even half that for the full release.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

It honestly feels really great to go from "how the gently caress am I supposed to do this?!" to "how did I ever find this difficult?" after practicing.

Even if it takes a while to get to that 2nd step, man, it's nice to know you got there.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

anime was right posted:

character colors mostly

Wait, can you buy character colors directly like in Guilty Gear? I thought I had to luck into unlocking the ones I wanted. :doh:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Ghosthotel posted:

Using 16/Goku Black/Vegeta right now.

Blacks assist provides great cover to get in and start the dunks and 16s combos are very simple and do big damage. His assist is also great for extending combos. If im playing Black and 16's assist is available I can extend the combo and get around 5k for 1 bar. I'm still trying to figure out if Vegeta's assist can be used to extend combos but haven't been able to come up with anything.

Game is fun as hellllll

Right after this post I got matched in casual against a Black/16/Vegeta and got stomped. :tinfoil:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Press a button when they dragon rush.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/Shaquille_UNIEL/status/957169000110264325

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

It's just that forever.

And I did it again on hard mode for the zeni. :shepicide:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Blugeta going on an insane rant as he pummels Black into the ground is loving amazing and makes me want to play him

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I'm at the Cell saga in Kai and it's honestly amazing how much better his English voice acting is in this game than in the anime. Maybe there's a better voice director?

Him laughing at Yamcha in the story mode is a top 10 best voice acting moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_JX-kqrp1Y&t=56s

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Seeing A.Gohan, Cell, and K.Buu all next to each other amuses me because that's my exact team :v:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/966568276267593728
https://twitter.com/OmniSScythe/status/966572578335875073

🤔

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

SonixFox Was Right

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

a Ginyu and I were on our last characters and he stole my Cell. I had never been so scared in my entire life.

I imagine Ginyu can be one of the most tilting character to play against if you get good on him.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

On the 29th there will be a stream that might have some announcements. Other than that, no idea.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Here's the details:

quote:

goku's level 3 is his spirit bomb, a very slow move but has extremely high damage... it probably functions like broly's H+S level 3, meaning the opponent is free to move after a bit while you're charging, the catch is that you wouldn't be able to.

goku's level 1 is his kaioken, IT IS NOT AN INSTALL, HOWEVER... the move is a rekka style move, the attack will change properties and probably animation depending on your input following the first hit, and they imply multiple button combinations. on top of that, when your allies are down, you get the x3 kaioken and x20 kaioken boosts depending on how many allies are down. this probably means that in one way or the other he'll have the ability to finish off his level 1 with the kkx3 or kkx20 kamehameha variants.

Vegeta's level 1 is his galick gun, can be used on the ground or in the air, i assume that the ground version makes him jump upward and fire it downward either way. and it looks like it has a really unique and cool angle to it.

his level 3 is the galaxy breaker, the move he killed nappa with... it is unclear if it's a command grab or not, but it implies that it's a huge explosion from your whole body, other translators like ken xyro said that might imply it's similar to gohan's potential unleashed in how it hits, i think either by grabbing the opponent (which i would prefer) or by exploding with energy first, the move remains the same.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Vegeta is my fav db character and even I gotta say he looks boring as gently caress.

another season pass I'm glad I resisted buying during the honeymoon phase of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

the most fun i ever had in the game was when i had frieza on my team in the beta :sigh: