Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
You can jump cancel moves on hit, but I think you couldn't jump cancel on block at all without Sparking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Star Man posted:

Is it February yet?

The open beta is January. It isn't January yet either :(

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

I wish there was footage of actual truly good players out there. Right now my biggest concern for the game(besides netcode) is damage ouput seems quite low. That combined with the fact that the amount of health that can be regen'ed after damage is absurdly high compared to most fighting games, and the not-x-factor lets you regen that health at an absurd speed(on top of your team mates regen outside of battle) makes game length way long.

Now that said it could just all be because everyone's bad and nobody is doing anything even remotely optimal but still its a thing that irks me.

Is there a way to take away a foes regenable health?

Sparkling was nuts with the beta with the regen being outheal some supers that didn't do all the damage in one burst and people just started figuring out stuff like it allowing you to jump cancel normals on block, vanish cancels and etc at the end. I think they'll definitely tone it down. I don't think the game will ever have MvC3 damage but even without training mode people were finding 50%+ combos for a couple bars.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

So both Gohans have an invincible defensive assist. Which means unless someone else has some weird property that isn't immediately apparent those two just straight up have the best assists hands down.

Gohan's assist was rear end in the beta, the startup wasn't fully invincible I think

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

broly loving sucks and having his admittedly cool fighting style applied to a character who has Literally Any Personality Whatsoever is a net positive.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Videl is not in the game because she never showed off anything unique that they could use to make her interesting as a fighter.

I don't buy this, they made loving Adult Gohan into a vaguely interesting character. When's Korin

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
18, Fat Buu, Beerus

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Yes and it's like 60 gigs and I basically can't have more than one other game on my SSD ever since it came out

BBCF is loving 50 gigs on steam and it's all uncompressed audio for the dumb story I'll never play.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm doing pretty good with Krillin/Goku/Vegeta, but I might trade Vegeta out. I'm also liking Kid Buu, and I had some time with 18, but I need to get a better hang of her. Gohan's pretty alright, but I feel like you need to have a good grasp on Potential Unleashed to use him really effectively. Like, I've seen guys build up a bunch of ki and fire off 1-bar Unleashes every time you get near to be untouchable.

Can't you super dash punish that on block?

Chaotic Flame posted:

Also I can't figure out what arena match is. There are stamps for it and it seems "open."

The arena in the middle let you play with other people in the lobby in the last beta.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Mr E posted:

Nope and my stick cord is too short to reach my PS4 comfortably so I'm using that as an excuse to just wait til release.

Just get a usb extension cord ya dofus!!!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Reiley posted:

Dragon BALL!!!!!! Quote this if you agree

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Dragon Rush is the throw analogue right? I know you can tech those

Yup, you can also do a snapback after landing one by holding A1 or A2.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Boo. I need me a kickass character that drops fireballs over a character on the floor.

Pressure in this game is way more similar to BB than GG so the closest you'll probably get is dropping a lockdown assist on their wakeup.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I do hope there's a way to turn off auto combos in the full game however, it's annoying to double tap a button and potentially mess up your combo due to the extra input starting an auto combo.

Holding back stops autocombo normals from coming out, it's a non-issue.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Booyah- posted:

you can airblock grounded normals, except for everyone's grounded 2H which is a hard coded anti air

This is wrong, everything including 2H is air blockable.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Sade posted:

M H S
L A1 A2

This is the Good Layout.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

I got the special Frieza/Goku intro--but the other person skipped through it both times.

Also, can someone tell me how you make all the orbs appear around Beerus? I couldn't figure it out.
I'm not discounting the possibility that I just couldn't hit the buttons right, as I only learned how to do a quarter circle two days ago.

qcf + ki blasts aka 236S

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Would really like to learn how to do more than spam super dash > dragon rush but everytime I try do something else I get blown up :(

I'll figure it out... eventually.

Mash autocombo

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone translate this post into English for me so I can learn to get better at the game? I have managed to decipher L, M, and H so far though reading the thread (light/medium/heavy) but the rest is eluding me.

If anyone feels up for it there are plenty of other terms and abbreviations from other posts that I have no idea how to read that could be translated as well.

e: I also know what "fireball" means :thumbsup:

The numbers are directions, look at your numpad. jc means jump cancel, do a jump (usually forward). Multiple letters in a row means you mash on those buttons.

That's about it

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

That's really weird for a genre where people usually use controllers or sticks

What does 5 mean then? Standing still?

Anime games have some weird rear end inputs so having an universal symbol for every direction cuts down on ambiguity and poo poo you have to write.

5 is neutral, yeah

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

back+medium > standing still(?)+medium > jump cancel (so just jump forward?) > jump+light+medium > jump+back+heavy

2 is down and you have to do the jump cancel light medium twice, otherwise that's correct.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I heard something about Android 18 getting nerfed in this version of the beta

-It's way harder to use 17 for combo extension so her closed beta bnb doesn't work
-Command grab is slower and the combo you get from it is worse
-17 call cooldown is longer

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I came back from a 1v3 match using Kid Buu(p.s. i have zero skills) so I would say Kid Buu is probably a babby easy mode character.

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/953030538163564549

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for high quality tutorial videos for fighterz? I haven't wanted to get good at a fighting game in a long time, but I can't help myself here.

Reply hazy try again once the game is actually released

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

anime was right posted:

you get an extra normal move that dramatically improves your combo potential at level 1 and increased damage. in addition its like his only? super lol

im guessing each level has a major property. level 1 being 3L and level 7 being able to reverse beat.

He has the family Kame for 3 bars but that's it.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Artelier posted:

Skimmed the last couple of pages but don't think I saw this: If I buy Fighterz now (or before its release) I get instant access to unique-movelists Blue Goku and Vegeta, correct? Or have I missed the window and have to unlock them the tedious way?

Pre-ordering now should still give you them right off the bat.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

So do I play this with a 360 or Switch pro controller? I can't wait til Friday goddamn

The 360 controller has a one of the shittiest dpads known to man

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Princeps32 posted:

uh no you’ll be able to purchase them later for probably like 5-10 more bucks than if you preorder d like literally all dlc ever, and the Blue ssjs are unlockable in game

Pre-ordering is the same price as buying the game and season pass seperately.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Firstborn posted:

You just get a season pass DLC w/ fighterz edition? nothing else?

Yep, and whatever preorder bonuses the base game gets.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

competitive umvc3 leaned towards a few bright stages because visibility could get real awful with dark outfits in the darker stages

That wasn't due to visibility, all but a handful of stages dropped frames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Firstborn posted:

Anyone happen to have an idea of how big of an install it is for PC? Trying to move stuff around on my SSD

Less than 5GB iirc, the beta client was tiny as well.