Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Brother Entropy posted:

she summons him for some support attacks, think maya helping out phoenix wright in mvc3

Great, now I'm gonna wish that 18 flies in with a jumpkick shouting, "OBJECTION!"

Thanks, now this game will never live up to my expectations. :shep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So where is the best place to pre-order this and get cool bonus poo poo?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ok cool. Didn't want to miss out on the version of Goku with candy corn hair that shoots licorice out of his hands or whatever.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Extreme Budokai on 3DS was fun as poo poo. I know it's a different company, but whatever, this still looks cool.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

FanaticalMilk posted:

His full artwork is pretty dope:

So he's a fancy transformation of Janenba?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

These are the songs listed for the season pass:

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA; the first opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series.

How is this not in by default. What.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Actually, I'd say Super handles Resurrection F better than the movie. Although, I do agree the movie version of Battle of Gods handles things way better. Also, make sure to watch the theatrical version of Battle of the Gods. The director's cut just adds stuff that was cut for pacing reasons.

This. Super's Resurrection F had the return of one of the best drat villains on the show as a sneak in, and it's glorious.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

All this talk about dub voices confuses me. I'm an old fart that watched all of Z with subs back in the mid 90s and then never got into the dubs after checking them out later when Toonami first started showing them when I was in college... The voices were okay, but all the edits to the scripts and such sucked rear end, so I just stopped paying attention.

That Goku line about the tractor was pretty great, though. Dammit, might have to rewatch stuff... At what point does the dub get better, and do they continue to censor the hell out of it throughout? That Bulma's boobies thing would suggest otherwise, so at what point in the story did they stop censoring?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The best Cell is still the DBZA Cell.

Now if only they'd finish it...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Yajirobe did more permanent damage to Vegeta than literally anyone else in Dragonball.

I wonder if Vegeta ever gets really bitter about that.

Toriyama has specifically said in interviews that the reason Yajirobe steers clear is because he's terrified that Vegeta will murder him when no one is looking as revenge for the tail/back slice, and he's convinced that he's so unimportant that no one would bother collecting the Dragon balls to bring him back.

No seriously, that's the reason.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning toward PC solely for the longevity of it being available long after I pack up my PS4, but then again hackers and crappy community size by comparison, but also then again the potential for sweet, sweet mods so I can finally fulfill my dream of playing as Bubbles in a video game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

poo poo, PC or PS4?!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kinda lame there's no regular Goku/Vegeta. Where's my awesome Saiyan Saga matchup?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Goku's hair is crazy long, so...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Countblanc posted:

18 is definitely not a good name.

At least you know she's legal? :downsrim:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm more annoyed that 18 is a fighter, but not 17. If you actually track the series, 17 does way more fighting than 18 all the way into Super. Plus he's just a more interesting character.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

18 is more popular and also if she wasn't in the game, it'd be a 100% sausage fest.

That's fair. Still, they could have had them in as separate characters.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress that I want Monaka.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dias posted:

Kale is still Better Broly, it's just that people have a weird muscle fetish.

Kale is also female and not hyper sexualized in any way. Anime fans are notoriously chauvinist (the goon pop may/may not be an exception to the overall rule), so this is a double whammy of poo poo they hate. Broly is instead a huge muscly dude and... uh, that's it.

Basically: anime fans suck.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

He's also just a giant green blob in the third movie, but yeah... he hates Goku because Goku used to cry as a baby. Broly is seriously the dumbest poo poo in the series, and that includes Googeta and Maron.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yes because more women like DBZ than men

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Here's an idea. Just add Broly/Kale and have the other as a skin. :psyboom:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

They aren't similar enough for this to make sense. Broly doesn't do everything Kale does.

Who gives a poo poo? Their moves/energy beams look similar enough.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gimme back my pants

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So... think I need a new controller...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Also Merry Xmas, goons.

https://youtu.be/2zOv7kvYmtg

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah and the potara fusion is irreversible

No it isn't.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Vegeta has always been my favorite character since the early 90s when he was introduced, simply because he's this really proud guy that grew up with this totally stunted worldview, failed miserably and had to swallow that pride and totally change his mindset, stop being a total loner, learn to not only live with other people but love them and be a good dad, and ultimately come to terms with all his own insecurities and failings and accept that his rival really is just better than him, but he's okay with that because he likes the friendly challenge.

Super had really skyrocketed Vegeta to best character in the series.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

mikemil828 posted:

Gohan’s biggest problem fighting-wise is that he has to juggle training to be in world saving shape with having enough of a day job to not only support his family but also almost certainly his parents as well and he ends up prioritizing the day job, I don’t see Goku making nearly enough as a radish farmer especially given that he drops it to go train for months at a time to support Chichi tutoring addiction.

I do like that Gohan and Videl don't take any of Mr Satan's money even though he's offered it repeatedly. That's some character.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Vakal posted:

I always assumed they lived off of whatever cash the Ox King got for selling his castle.

He never got poo poo. At some point it's mentioned that his entire mountain was blown the gently caress up with his entire fortune in it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nappa better get a DBZA alternate movie producer costume.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Broly confirmed?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So anyone on PC wanna but my almost new Steam Controller? Tried to like it, but just not into the whole haptic gesture pad thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Sabat has said in interviews that the Goku Black from Xenoverse is bad because Toei is stupidly secretive about DragonBall plot stuff (outside the previews that come out every month, obv) so all they had to go off of was his name and being told he's "evil Goku." Once the arc actually aired they figured out how they actually thought he should sound.

I think TFS has said that they want to do the Buu saga but that they won't actually do it unless they know that they can finish it without any huge breaks like they've had to take for the cell saga. Sounds like if they do it they'd wait until they actually have a backlog of episodes done. They've also mentioned that they are not doing GT, Super, or the original DragonBall for various reasons.

Those reasons boil down to :effort:.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

amigolupus posted:

I hope this leads to a situation where someone stupidly tells their team that they can handle the enemy team on their own for the true Dragon Ball experience.

Meanwhile the other team has two players that just keep the first team busy while the third studies their attacks and rests up to sweep in at the end to save the day in a massive upset.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I want to preorder this game on steam but the special edition which supposedly has 8 extra fighters is like twice the price?! Is it even worth getting over the vanilla edition?

There's a goon that does 15% discount on Steam, check SA-Mart. Through him I ended up getting the Ultimate Edition for like $90.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Countblanc posted:

gotenks lookin like The Mask

Incorrect, since The Mask actually wins fights and saves the day.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Prism posted:

I'm leaning toward getting it on the PS4; is there any definitive reason to go for Steam instead?

In 10 years you'll still be able to randomly get a hankering for it and actually be able to play it easily without much hassle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

That's totally a colour for vegeta as well. Just doesn't have the red hair though :(

Canceling pre-order.