Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Also love the idea of shutting down defensive assists as I go for oki

Yeah this is a really cool idea. Wonder if you can combo off it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
So is 21 a character they made up for this game?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Fan Favorite Raditz, right up there with Ginyu Force Guy #3.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

it actually looks a lot like the Grid in UnderNight, it seems like it is shared by both players too

Huh that's an interesting point. It could be kinda cool if the calculus of what combo you choose to do depends on whether or not you want to risk your opponent reaching whatever the reward for the dragon balls is.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Does grown-up Gohan ever actually live up to the promise of child prodigy Gohan? They use the latter as a deus ex machina a bunch but then it seems like he gets older and just kind of sucks.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
For people with platform concerns, the core group of goon FG players usually leans PC when the option is available, and if a game doesn't suck you can usually find matches for it in Discord for a good long while.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Implementor posted:

If you mean MvC: Infinite, I would maybe not use that as a benchmark for fighting games at the moment. Not sure what the goonsensus is, but it's definitely one of the most bland and uninspired fighting games I've played in recent memory.

Goonsensus is that it's a sad trainwreck of a game.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SirKibbles posted:

It kinda sucks but I guess they don't want to show off too much which kinda worries me.

I definitely get being eager to find out what everyone's bullshit is but it would be wack to just have a bunch of full character strategy guides out there on day 1.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

super buu could be a really easy to make character in terms of resources by just turning him into dural w/ all the people he absorbed moves from

That's like the most boring FG character trope though.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
FYI to anyone who thinks they might want to legitimately learn this game, goons who know fighting game stuff overwhelmingly tend to play on PC, and we use the goon fighting game Discord to find matches and talk poo poo.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Do you think Arcsys would of really shown every single one of them before release? While I didn't expect everyone to have one or one for a lot of cases that's kind of a gigantic bummer :/

If the enjoyment of the game for you is discovering stuff like this why are you exposing yourself to all of it before release?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hori has a lot of pretty lovely sticks with knockoff parts actually.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
For the folks who have never seriously played a fighting game before, but want to get into this because :goku:, you can fill your time before the game comes out by checking out the FG thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772278

The OP is meant to be a primer for newcomers, so hopefully it's helpful.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If it's fulfilled by Amazon you could drop kick it and take a dump on it and call them and they'd still happily take it back.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Analog stick for quarter-circle movement in specials. dpad for character movement and quick dashes

hahaha yeah no

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Combos that start with 2L are intentionally scaled pretty hard, so you don't want to make that your only fishing tool. The dirtier poo poo is gonna be from cross up or instant overhead setups that let you confirm off a j.M or j.H

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to run a long set and really help you understand the

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I’m in Xbox

haha oops nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'm pretty sad because I've been playing a lot of DBFZ and it's got me really hyped on fighting games, but they're basically dead as gently caress on PC for the most part.

I don't want to drop a few hundred on a PS4 just to have people to play with.

look at this guy who isn't on goon Discord