Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Important: Discord invite (if it expires let me know)
https://discord.gg/wtWNw3

The players at this table are:
Stark: MisterBear
Lannister: blackmongoose
Baratheon: Captain Rightful
Greyjoy: Gutter Owl
Tyrell: Fat Samurai
Martell: nimby

Check the other thread for rules and stuff. Get to stabbing!

Game-state at the start:

Each player has 5 available power tokens.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
My summary of the rules can be found here, and the rule book here

Breakdown of House cards:

House Stark:
[4] Eddard Stark: 2 Swords
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[2] Greatjon Umber: 1 Sword
[1] Ser Rodrik Cassel: 2 Fortifications
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[4] Tywin Lannister: If you win this combat, gain two Power tokens.
[3] Ser Gregor Clegane: 3 Swords
[2] The Hound: 2 Fortifications
[2] Ser Jaime Lannister: 1 Sword
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[2] Brienne of Tarth: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[1] Melisandre: 1 Sword
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[4] Euron Crow's Eye: 1 Sword
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[1] Dagmar Cleftjaw: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[2] Ser Garlan Tyrell: 2 Swords
[2] Randyll Tarly: 1 Sword
[1] Alester Florent: 1 Fortification
[1] Margaery Tyrell: 1 Fortification
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[4] The Red Viper: 2 Swords, 1 Fortification
[3] Areo Hotah: 1 Fortification
[2] Obara Sand: 1 Sword
[2] Darkstar: 1 Sword
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

I've been doubting whether I should do this, but I guess it's fairly useful information to have. Here's a breakdown of the three Westeros decks as well:
Westeros I Cards

3 × Supply: Adjust supply.
3 × Mustering: Muster units.
2 × Thrones of Blades [W]: Holder of the Iron Throne chooses Mustering, Supply, or no effect.
1 × Last Days of Summer [W]: Nothing happens.
1 × Winter is Coming: Reshuffle the deck and draw a new card.
[W] = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros II Cards

3 × Clash of Kings: Bid power tokens on influence tracks.
3 × Game of Thrones: Gain power tokens. 1 token for each power icon in controlled areas, and also for each controlled harbor with at least one ship present, with no enemy ships in adjacent areas.
2 × Dark Wings, Dark Words [W]: Holder of the Messenger Raven chooses Clash of Kings, Game of Thrones, or no effect.
1 × Last Days of Summer [W]: Nothing happens.
1 × Winter is Coming: Reshuffle the deck and draw a new card.

Westeros III Cards

3 × Wilding Attack: Bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack.
1 × Sea of Storms [W]: No Raid orders can be played this round.
1 × Rains of Autumn [W]: No March+1* orders can be played this round.
1 × Feast for Crows [W]: No Consolidate Power orders can be played this round.
1 × Web of Lies [W]: No Support orders can be played this round.
1 × Storm of Swords [W]: No Defense orders can be played this round.
2 × Put to the Sword: Holder of the Valyrian Steel Blade chooses Rains of Autumn, Storm of Swords, or no effect.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Aug 23, 2017

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
You should probably put a list of which players are in this thread in the OP, and what houses they're playing. Same for the other thread.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Dancer, I assume negotiations are public (either ITT or in the discord channel)? I worry everyone else is already plotting :tinfoil:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Well, half the players haven't checked in, so you don't need to worry about plotting yet, but I was planning to allow personal messaging. I assumed that was the reason someone suggested discord, so that everyone can be easily reached :v:. So yeah, private ravens are allowed.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

What pace of play are you guys anticipating?

I live in the US Central time zone and have a full-time job, so I probably won't be able to get things rolling until this evening. But I can run Discord in a background tab at work if people want to nag.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

House Edgelord checking in. Blah blah iron price viking reavers salt wives w/e.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The way I see it, checking in once a day should be possible. I would ask for a hard-ish limit of 24 for any decision, but I understand if delays occur (for example because of too much politicking)

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
I'm basically in the same position as CaptainRightful, so I'll usually be on in the evenings on weekdays, but not so much in the morning or afternoon

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 1 orders

Influence and other tracks:

Everyone, as before, has 5 power tokens, and still has all House cards.

blackmongoose gets to either replace one order, or may ask me about the top card in the Wildling deck. After that, Gutter Owl may resolve her raid order, followed by everyone resolving March orders, one by one, in the order shown on the Iron Throne track.

Edit: Btw, are we going to use player's names, or shall we switch to Lord/Lady [House name] instead? Might be amusing :) .

Dancer fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 24, 2017

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Change Golden Sound to March -1

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The raid order has no valid target now, so we go to March orders. Captain Rightful goes first.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

March 1 ship from Shipbreaker Bay to Blackwater Bay and watch out for wildfire!

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
March one footman from Stoney Sept to Harrenhall

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013
March Footman from Winterfell to Stony Shore. Knight from Winterfell to Moat Cailin

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Footman from Salt Shore to Starfall.
Leave behind 1 power token to maintain ownership.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Map Update

Influence and other tracks:

Rules detail I ommitted to mention earlier: As long as no enemy units or power tokens (PT) are present, you automatically maintain control of your home region (and you even re-gain it if enemy units leave the region without leaving a PT behind).. House Stark didn't need to leave a power token behind in Winterfell.
Everyone other than Martell still on 5 PT. Martell has 4 now.

Greyjoy to play.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 24, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Please ignore I'm stupid.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 24, 2017

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

March K+F from Pyke to Greywater (via Ironman Bay).

Edit: Boldface.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 24, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Order by CO: Tyrell ship from Redwyne to West Summer Sea.

New map:

(btw Gutter Owl, please put your moves in boldface. For when I'm not immediately available to post the map it makes easier for people to figure out the game-state by quickly scrolling down the page).

Dancer fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 24, 2017

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

March knight from Dragonstone to Kingswood, march footman from Dragonstone to King's Landing. Take King's Landing: 1 (footman) + 1 (March+1) + 3 (Kingswood support)

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
March ship from Golden Sound to Sunset Sea

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013
March fleet from Shivering Sea to Narrow Sea

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

March boat in Sea of Dorne to East Summer Sea.
Suspiciously eye the boats in West Summer Sea and Shipbreaker Bay.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

March from Greywater Watch:
Footman to Seagard
Footman to Riverrun (via Ironman Bay)
Knight attacks Moat Cailin

House card sent.
(Not leaving a power behind in Greywater.)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Don't think the scuffle result matters much for my move. Horsey to the Reach, pawn to Oldtown

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Still on phone so not too fancy:
Greyjoy attacks with strength 2
Stark defends with strength 3 (including 1 support)

Greyjoy plays Victarion. Stark plays Greatjon Umber. Combat strength is 5-5, Greyjoy victory. Stark must retreat.

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013
retreat to The Twins

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Map Update

(the Stark Knight in the Twins is technically routed, but there's no way it'll get in a fight again so it doesn't matter)

Lannister and Martell still have a march order each.

Discarded House cards:
Greyjoy
Victarion Greyjoy

Stark
Greatjon Umber

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
March both units in Lannisport to Riverrun

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Lannisport invades Riverrun with 1 Knight and 1 Footman, with a +1 March order.
Greyjoy has no Defense or Support

Combat strength 4 vs. 1.
Lannister plays:
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.

Greyjoy plays:
Greyjoy activates the Blade

Final combat strength: 6 vs. 6. Greyjoy victory. Lannister must choose one unit to remove from the board, and retreat back to Lannisport.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Kill footman

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Posted with permission: Gutter Owl's private comments on submitting House Cards

On the invasion of Moat Cailin

quote:

Combat in Moat Cailin, send Victarion.

My thinking is, he has to know that sending Eddard in against possible Balon or Euron+Valyrian is suicidal. And I don't think he'll want to use Robb on defense if he can avoid it. So he's going to send Bolton or Cassel/Blackfish, and Victarion beats any of those clean and saves the Valyrian for the inevitable Riverrun fight.

I'd like to just call out Cassel/Blackfish and throw Theon, but Bolton is too safe an option, and I need to save the blade if I want any hope of holding Riverrun for a turn.

Of course, I could totally be misreading Stark, and he'll windmill slam Eddard and gently caress my brains right out. But you gotta take a risk or two, right?

On the defense of Riverrun

quote:

hrm. So it's a glass-in-front-of-me scenario right now. He has to know I win if I play Balon (4 v 4 with the sword) unless he plays Ser Kevan (5v4). Euron beats Kevan (6 v 6 with sword). So he's either playing a gambit, or just hoping to get me to waste 2 power on Damphair...
I think I'm going to gamble on a Kevan or Hound play, rather than a suicide Tywin.
and if he plays Ser Gregor...well, good job wasting Ser Gregor.
I'll play Euron Crow's Eye, flipping the sword as needed. Final answer.

Gaze upon the words ye mighty, and despair.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

March knight to Storm's End, ferrying with the boat.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Processing Consolidate Power orders

Tyrell gains 2 PTs from Dornish Marches
Greyjoy gains 1 PT from Pyke harbor

Turn 2 begins

Westeros cards:

Last Days of Summer - nothing happens (Wildling threat goes up to 4)

Game of Thrones - each House gains PTs equal to the number of Power icons in their controlled territories + the number of friendly harbors with at least one ship, and no adjacent enemy ships.

Baratheon gains 4 for total 9 PTs
Lannister gains 2 for total 7 PTs
Stark gains 2 for total 7 PTs
Martell gains 1 for total 5 PTs
Greyjoy gains 4 for total 9 PTs
Tyrell gains 1 for total 6 PTs

Wildlings attack

Please send in bids via Discord.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Sent.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

In the interest of fair play (ugh), Tyrell has 8 PTs to :homebrew:. Missing the two PT from the consolidate order.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Wildling attack bids:

Baratheon - 2
Stark - 1
Tyrell - 1
Martell - 1
Greyjoy - 0
Lannister - 0

Night's Watch victory. Wildling threat resets to 0. Baratheon is the high bidder and gains the bonus effect:

Crow Killers
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Replaces all of their available Knights with available Footmen. Any Knight unable to be replaced is destroyed.
- Everyone Else: Replaces 2 of their Knights with available Footmen. Any Knight unable to be replaced is destroyed.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May immediately replace up to 2 Footmen, anywhere, with available Knights.

(Just like in Westeros 1, I find myself wishing for you guys to fail. The aftermath of a failure would've been hillarious. The great culling of the nobility, making every last man and woman on the battlefield be truly equal)

Since Baratheon only has 2 Footmen, I went ahead and replaced them. Captain Rightful, you can still refuse those upgrades if you so desire :v: . Just let me know.

Turn 2 planning phase begins

Power token totals (counting the CP orders that I failed to count last time, so Greyjoy +1 and Tyrell +2):
Greyjoy - 10
Baratheon - 7
Tyrell - 7
Lannister - 7
Stark - 6
Martell - 4

Available House Cards:
House Stark:
[4] Eddard Stark: 2 Swords
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[2] Greatjon Umber: 1 Sword
[1] Ser Rodrik Cassel: 2 Fortifications
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[4] Tywin Lannister: If you win this combat, gain two Power tokens.
[3] Ser Gregor Clegane: 3 Swords
[2] The Hound: 2 Fortifications
[2] Ser Jaime Lannister: 1 Sword
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[2] Brienne of Tarth: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[1] Melisandre: 1 Sword
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[1] Dagmar Cleftjaw: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[2] Ser Garlan Tyrell: 2 Swords
[2] Randyll Tarly: 1 Sword
[1] Alester Florent: 1 Fortification
[1] Margaery Tyrell: 1 Fortification
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[4] The Red Viper: 2 Swords, 1 Fortification
[3] Areo Hotah: 1 Fortification
[2] Obara Sand: 1 Sword
[2] Darkstar: 1 Sword
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 2 orders

Power Token totals: Greyjoy - 10
Baratheon - 7
Tyrell - 7
Lannister - 7
Stark - 6
Martell - 4

Lannister may either replace an order, or see the top Wildling card. After that, there is no valid target for the Lannister raid; Baratheon may choose to raid East Summer Sea, or The Narrow Sea (or nothing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Change raid in Sunset Sea to Move +0

• Locked thread