Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It is a Mobile Horse, piloted by Master Asia's personal horse. Both of which are named Fuunsaiki. Remember; it's G-Gundam, and all the Gundams are controlled by motion-capture suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

g gundam is great. watch it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

also, please change the mock someone thread's name mods, i keep confusing it with the hi-mock thread

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Keep the thread name the same, but make that thread also about Hi-Mocks

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

g gundam is fuckin wild

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYtEFf0cBc

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all glory to soviet zeon

edit: Just finished assembling the "proper" way, with a hobby knife and sanding stick, even then, assembly only took me an evening while watching a show in the background. It's a really easy kit, just totally lame when it comes to weapons options, so I ordered some extras. Hope to see some progress posts soon!

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Aug 31, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Initial assembly complete, time to start priming and painting! Thinking about what sort of little details I could add to this scene...

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Condiv posted:

also, please change the mock someone thread's name mods, i keep confusing it with the hi-mock thread

hahahahaha youre fukken stupid

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i keep confusing this thread with the OH HI MARK The Room MMO Thread

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

Initial assembly complete, time to start priming and painting! Thinking about what sort of little details I could add to this scene...

how about some ejected shells?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

how about some ejected shells?

Oooh! That would be cool, how would I go about doing that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taintrunner posted:

Maybe put a half-crushed car under one of the feet?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

Oooh! That would be cool, how would I go about doing that?

Secret Weapon makes some, But I think they'll be too small. There's this guy who made some just by cutting up a hypodermic needle, they look like that would work better

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Secret Weapon makes some, But I think they'll be too small. There's this guy who made some just by cutting up a hypodermic needle, they look like that would work better

poo poo, that's really creative. I'll give it a shot this weekend!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
hey are the guns molded into the right hand or just usually positioned there?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Actually it's a custom AK-12 I ordered online, I had to file the inside of the hand down to make it fit. But no, you can put a weapon in whatever hand you want.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Generally speaking with Gunpla weapons, they're designed to fit in either hand. Most HG kits come with a gun-holding hand for both left and right, they're just generally posed right-handed for accuracy of the TV version.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

the mock somebody thread has mock in the beginning and this thread has mock at the end so no

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Once this thread ends can we have a Mock someone's Hi-Mock thread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Once this thread ends can we have a Mock someone's Hi-Mock thread

what can you tell me about being unable to go into shops because you fly into fits of rage when you see a packet of fruit pastilles and remember that rowntrees never finished their search for the rowntree advertisement campaign/high fantasy series

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

question is aimed mostly at you but is open to the floor if anyone else cares to answer

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there a site for actual good gundam weapons, because every one that's come in a kit I've built has been loving terrible.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I watched those ads on youtube last week specifically because of that redtext

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Squizzle posted:

what can you tell me about being unable to go into shops because you fly into fits of rage when you see a packet of fruit pastilles and remember that rowntrees never finished their search for the rowntree advertisement campaign/high fantasy series

It's a difficult process, but I take it step by step, every day an accomplishment.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

ScrubLeague posted:

Is there a site for actual good gundam weapons, because every one that's come in a kit I've built has been loving terrible.

I'd look into Kotobukiya's Modeling Support Goods line, since they sell roughly similar scale items. Bandai has also produced its own lines of model kit upgrade parts and weapons as well, though most of them are either the cartoonier weapons of Build Fighters or the specific aesthetic they were going for with Iron Blooded Orphans.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ScrubLeague posted:

Take a look at the System Weapon line. They're more expensive, but far more detailed.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Squizzle posted:

question is aimed mostly at you but is open to the floor if anyone else cares to answer

i got a couple evangelion models from japan way back in the 90s and they had these little candies that looked like tic tacs but tasted a lot better

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Take a look at the System Weapon line. They're more expensive, but far more detailed.

Not a bad choice either. Pretty sure they're already mostly pre-assembled and pre-painted as well, though, and are a little more expensive because of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mecha Gojira posted:

Not a bad choice either. Pretty sure they're already mostly pre-assembled and pre-painted as well, though, and are a little more expensive because of it.

They're also highly customizable. You get two different weapons in each set, each having something like three or four different barrels/blades, stocks, ammo drums, etc apiece.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

the mock somebody thread has mock in the beginning and this thread has mock at the end so no

i cannot be expected to read the entire title! i just see mock and an orange tag and click and ewwww it's the mock somebody thread :barf:

this is a serious problem and you are being negligent by leaving it unaddressed

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Condiv posted:

i cannot be expected to read the entire title! i just see mock and an orange tag and click and ewwww it's the mock somebody thread :barf:

this is a serious problem and you are being negligent by leaving it unaddressed

dont sign your posts

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i started doing a gundam and i gotta say, this is very relaxing

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ScrubLeague posted:

On top of the other suggestions, there's Little Armory. They do realistic IRL weapons that'll fit Gundams

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

On top of the other suggestions, there's Little Armory. They do realistic IRL weapons that'll fit Gundams

Just as a side-note; you can get sets of standalone generic Gundam hands that are designed to hold weapons with a trigger guard, as opposed to the Hi-Mock's generic fist. The System Weapon sets also include Gundam and Zaku-type hands for holding their respective set's weaponry.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

punchymcpunch posted:

i started doing a gundam and i gotta say, this is very relaxing

it is, i love doing it. especially the master grade builds. i haven't done much in the way of modding/painting, but just building is very fun and a nice little hobby

i wanna get some metallic paints and try my hand at painting again. i haven't tried that since middle school

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I've been into gunpla for a long time and I've got no cash for buying a Hi-Mock but my bff did buy me this monstrosity. Thinking about doing a really dumb battle damaged diorama with it.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Condiv posted:

it is, i love doing it. especially the master grade builds. i haven't done much in the way of modding/painting, but just building is very fun and a nice little hobby

i wanna get some metallic paints and try my hand at painting again. i haven't tried that since middle school

I'm in the same boat, not big on painting or modding, haven't done it in years despite still throwing kits together every now and again. HG's are great for an afternoon build, or a movie double feature, but I really do like the MG and RG lines as well for their more complex and intricate construction. Last MG I built was the Origin RX-78-02, and that thing is fuckin' solid.

Wish I could afford more expensive kits like the larger MG Version Ka or the Perfect Grades, though. Took me weeks to put together the MG Sazabi v. Ka., and I really want to do the same with the Psycho Zaku from Thunderbolt.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Mecha Gojira posted:

I'm in the same boat, not big on painting or modding, haven't done it in years despite still throwing kits together every now and again. HG's are great for an afternoon build, or a movie double feature, but I really do like the MG and RG lines as well for their more complex and intricate construction. Last MG I built was the Origin RX-78-02, and that thing is fuckin' solid.

Wish I could afford more expensive kits like the larger MG Version Ka or the Perfect Grades, though. Took me weeks to put together the MG Sazabi v. Ka., and I really want to do the same with the Psycho Zaku from Thunderbolt.

i'm getting MG Sazabi ver ka for christmas!!

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

• Locked thread