Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
A tragic problem with D&D is people never post threads, and apparently not posting has reached the point where they will instead post threads in other forums about there not already being a thread in D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I've never understood what people who vigorously oppose an entire religion hope to achieve. Internet atheists are the same way about Christianity too. Do they think people are going to go "oh, you're right, my religion sucks so I'll just turn off my faith"? Do they think ostracizing and blaming all members of a giant religion is going to cause positive change and result in more liberal attitudes (rather than doing quite the opposite)?

When I was 15 I thought "well maybe people should just stop being religious" but that's not going to happen for the same reason you're not going to be able to convince me to become religious. Religions exist, religious people exist, and they're not gonna go away no matter how hard you oppose them. If you want positive change to happen maybe support those in the community trying to make it happen and policies that are conducive to it instead of making GBS threads on everyone because "gently caress you and your religion".

• Locked thread