Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Milo
The butler is eager to get his letter back, predictably enough. He checks to make sure that it hasn't been opened the moment it leaves your hands, and after being satisfied that it's intact, he smiles apologetically. "You never know with these types." He says, in lieu of an apology.

When prompted on the bad blood between his master, Count Karl Gousant, and Baroness Annete Laird, he nods once sagely. "Ah, yes, those are some very unfortunate circumstances. You see, my master is very, ahem, direct, when he wishes to make his opinion known; some would say even too much so. Three days ago, Lady Laird organized a small soiree where she unvelied a painting of hers; a view of the docks of the city, I'm led to believe. My master found it not to his liking, and harsh words were exchanged, and it devolved into a magical duel."
He sighs once more. "Magic, I tell you! There were no less than three surges, and the duel was called off. If a duel triggers three surges, it is to be called off until the following week, you see. Now their respective honor won't let them talk or even be in the same room as one another, for to do that would be to admit that they've reached an understanding, you see? That they are once again moving in the same circles, and have the same company.

Honestly, if you ask me it's not so bad that they won't meet at the Gala. Have you heard of the firstborn of the Coppernick matriarch, Edmund? He's just so improper! He's been seen in intimate company with no less than three of his house's maids!"

He continues with such gossip for a quarter of an hour before letting you go. You're 400 crowns richer, and you have now a contact that is almost too eager to let you know of whatever scandal and situation he hears about. It's probably going to be a mixed blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

[[We finished the letter snatching scene on discord, willl post it in this spot once it's cleaned]]

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Teresa

The soldiers shout in anger, but clad as they are in armor, they are no match for your speed. You take a long road around and return to the inn.

Tumur, Teresa

Tumur arrives with the man in tow, the healing salve that the fixer asked for safe between his hands. He gently applies it to the sputtering woman just as Teresa arrives. The whole tavern holds their breath to see if it will work. And then... and then the woman's breath stabilizes. She's still covered in pores, but she'll live! Everyone claps and cheers for you! You are pretty much guaranteed to always have a drink waiting for you around here.

Lord Cyprien
You are in the same tavern where you met the Laird butler for the first time; he arrives almost half an hour later, and doesn't even apologize.

"What can I do for you then, sir? It seems clear that you can't do much for me, at least."

Social combat! Go!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Tumur

Tumur laughs in triumph, though the reward of "free drinks" is inconsequential he didn't do it for them. The God's sent him a challenge and an opportunity for redemption. He took a life, and he saved a life, and he could now be pure in their eyes. He leaves shortly after their congratulations and bathes in sea water to finish the cleansing ritual.

So, what's up next?

«3 »