Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Eldred

"Tumur, my friend, aren't the eyes one of the parts that don't grow back? I think you should maybe have threatened to cut his hair instead!"

Having friends from many places was a good and wondrous thing, but the cultural clashes did pose a problem sometimes. Eldred took off after the boy as well, shouting after him as he ran.

"Wait up, boy! He was only being polite! Your eyes are in no danger from us, we just want to talk!"

Trying to keep pace and talk at him against effective doom 4. Charisma roll (1d6) with a result of 4 is a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Eldred

"Running is not stopping, boy! You've got this all backwards! I... drat it!"

Well, when words failed, that was when it was time for numbers. Specifically, the number of feet traversed per second while running as hard as you possibly can!

Pushing it to catch up. Quickness (1d4) = 3 vs effective doom 5 fails, using inspiration (nature's laws) for a 1d6 = 6 (explodes to a 1d8 = 3). Success!

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Eldred
While immensly proud of his own sprinting performance, Eldred is prouder still of his friend's athletic mastery. His advice, maybe not so much.

"Boy - Hehu, yes? - I think you should perhaps not get the tattoo. All men are still brothers, and all the world your family! Even if you have no ink on the skin!"

Ah, but it would do the boy good to come out of his shell a little...

"Still, friend Tumur is not wrong! Listen to your heart more often, not just when it says 'run'! Even when it says to fart in nobles' mouths, it is good to listen at least a little!"

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Eldred
"Aye, we should offer our friendship. But he may not be as eager to speak with us as we are to speak with him, yes? Secret societies, they are not so open to discuss with strangers!"

He knew that from first-hand experience, after all. The Axemen were very unlike the Itinerant Architects, but secrecy was a necessity for both.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Eldred
Fixers! Of course! This could be fixed! No need for a mercy killing! And Milo had been working on that Fixer thing, hadn't he? There could still be a happy ending to this!

"I'll fetch my cousin at once! Hold her fast, friends!"

---
One frantic search later, including the recovery of a wayward horse and an entirely unsubtle gallop through the woods...
---

There he was! And with some new friends, it seemed. Good for him! Introductions would have to wait, though.

"Milo!" Eldred yelled, pulling the horse to a stop. "Come quick! There was a fight and a spell went wrong, and now there is an angry giant woman made of lightning! She needs Fixing!"

• Locked thread