Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just finished pt 8 of Twig. Holy poo poo that interlude about the Duke, which lamb is he sending the psycho twins after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Elyv posted:

Thankfully, most of the time it stays in the background. Unfortunately, about half of the most book* was about it.

*Is there an accepted term for the pre-decimal part if you have, like, chapter 9.18? Neither arc nor book feel quite right to me.

I've always called those arc or part, and book is the entire work

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If superpowers were real there would absolutely be a wiki equivalent that would document that poo poo

Also I'm 90% sure she specifically mentions those dudes wearing gang colors SOOOOOO

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I started practical guide today as a break from marathoning twig and it owns really hard that's my story about practical guide

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please don't post twig without spoiler tags ding dongs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oh God where was this when I was copying Work and Pact and Twig by hand, kill me

Also I'm reading more Practical Guide

suicide goats

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Twig 9.somethinf

I had it spoiled for me accidentally that Sy loses an eye but holy poo poo that was not how I was expecting it to go down

8 and 9 are basically just one long stream of poo poo pouring down on the lambs. Also can't wait for find out more about the Twins, the Duke interlude was fantastic

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 11, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
WISH GRANTED WHAT THE gently caress

Edit I'm not fuckin crying it's just very dusty in my bathroom

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 11, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In a chapter full of just everyone getting poo poo on its the dog that gets me the worst. Rip Hubris. Good dog.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ConanThe3rd posted:

Whst kinda guy names thier dog "Hubris"?

who cares, i was hoping they'd find a way to work the dog into the team and then he died, rip hubris

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Koburn posted:

Now that it's finished, does anyone have a complete epub/mobi of twig? I've tried to use the scraper on github and I really don't understand how to use it.

I have epubs of all three books

If anyone wants one, they should have to do it themselves just because gently caress you that was miserable, even before you get to the publication issues

Also I finished twig 14 and I love my trans teenage Frankenstein and really that whole conversation where she came out

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Milky Moor posted:

Are you truly not familiar with John Dies at the End?

Which was pulled from the internet when he was in the process of shopping it around, the sequel got pulled after that, and he hasn't serialized a story since

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yo these prologue updates are dope as hell

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Namarrgon posted:

Twig has infinitely better pacing, and most of the arcs are semi-self contained, making it a lot easier to take breaks.

The hardest part for me to get through was the two arcs about the primordials

The arc immediately after that though is Sy killing the baron and that's a major kick in the rear end that pushes the story forward hard

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of Twig, I'm starting arc 16 now and we are officially into the third act of the story and it's fuckin great. Sy's rebellion is a thing that makes total sense and yet I wouldn't have guessed early on. I love it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's my thoughts on the worm 2 prologue stuff: mlekk is the best character and needs an interlude

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It would be rad as hell if the sequel to Worm followed a group of actual fledgling heroes instead of doing some road to hell stuff

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Good news there aren't a lot of roads anymore because Scion blew most of them up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TOOT BOOT posted:

These are really hard to follow for me without knowing who's typing. When does the proper story start?

He said five to ten segments and this was the fourth, so sometime between now and the middle of November probably

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I know the post on his blog said 5-10 but what that actually means is up in the air

Either way, another week or two isn't that long to wait considering it's been what like four years since worm ended?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Worm reread update: I just got through the S9 recruitment interludes and I had forgotten how absolutely hosed up the Panacea one was

Also, similarly, that Regents existed at all and what it consisted of because hoooooly poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mlekk was the best hashtag free mlekk

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NinjaDebugger posted:

Unless there's some typos going on, I think that account was banned for impersonating mlekk.

Wildbow has fixed them and also confirmed that he did it because he didn't mean to create a memetic cult before the story even started

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
GlowWorm 7 is up and man it is a goddamn doozie

Do we want to take bets on who Heart is?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

berenzen posted:

My guess? Vista. Young, at the end of the world, part of the wards, powerful powers.

Name doesn't match but that was my first guess too

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

blastron posted:

Is there a latest-chapter link on the site? I’m so used to just being able to scroll down on most other sites.

Not for the prologue stuff

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just realized that this time next week we'll be reading Worm 2

It's really happening guys

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

I'm literally the one pushing the button.

Slap that button you son of a bitch

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
1158 and thirty seconds im coming to saw your head off with a rusty knife I'd it's not up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
WE KNOW THE TITLE AND IT IS PERFECT

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Silver2195 posted:

I assumed it would be Glow.

Wb confirmed it wasn't that but it makes a lot of sense given who the new POV character is! gently caress! Holy poo poo!

Also there's a paragraph slash sentence that kinda just ends mid sentence in there who do I tell to fix it if I'm not going on Reddit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Shortest Path posted:

For those of you who haven't entirely caught up yet, 0.9 was loving wonderful.

I wish I knew who Point_Me_@_The_Sky is, because that would probably make it so much better.

You know if you read the new chapter of Ward! It's not stated outright but you can connect dots! I'm so excited Jesus Christ!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kalas posted:

Worm was good for 1.5 rereads myself. I'm waiting for the edited 'final' version whenever Wildbow finishes it. Between Practical Guide to Evil, Taint and Wandering Inn I've been busy enough with web serials. Twig didn't hook me (rising quality of his writing aside) as steam/biopunk is lower on my list of interests.

You should give twig another shot and stick it out for a few arcs. It took a minute to grow on me and get momentum, but once it got going it never stops

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kalas posted:

Oh I think I got to arc 10 or so before shelving it. I'll read it someday, just low on my list, I only got so far because I was appreciating Wildbow's constantly improving writing. I liked Pact more then Twig, even with it's pacing issues.

You stopped literally pages before it goes completely batshit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

violent sex idiot posted:

tuesday saturday (sometimes thursday if he gets enough loot)

In fact, 1.4 is up now and some of the threads from GlowWorm are starting to come together!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Working on Book 2 of Practical Guide now, and the wandering bard is the absolute best character

Literally playing DUN DUN DUN on a lute as the twist happens like goddamn

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Double posting to ask, re Practice Guide when does Malicia ask Catherine to kill Black? I sort of remember reading it but not specifically when it was

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

berenzen posted:

If you're talking about the quote Where she says that she's betraying her best friend, she's talking about letting Nauk die

I'm talking about Warlock threatening her after the encounter with the Lone Swordsman and his crew, because he heard she talked to Malicia and wants her to understand how badly he will destroy her if she hurts Black

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It was fine and there's not a ton of overt plot stuff, just an interesting little note about the previous series and then some stuff that might be tying in to what's happening now, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Working through Twig 17 now and holy poo poo Helen's brother!!!