Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

bad author posted:

Behind the scenes of this multimillion-dollar production, Zade finds herself caught in a love triangle with Mac, the show's good-looking but rough-around-the-edges technical director and Jackson, the tall, dark, handsome and charming bandleader.

Lol of course there is a love triangle. Who will she choose, the sparkly one or the furry one?

E: ^^^I like that solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Besesoth posted:

Wait, I've been thinking of her name as rhyming with "jade". Does this mean it's pronounced "Zod"?

(Or does Salem not know how to pronounce "Scheherazade"? :ohdear:)

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh no, I left the paragraph out but she tells everyone in Vegas that it's pronounced like "Aid" with a Z. You've got it right.

I'm thinking of the character as "Zod" from now on. :colbert:

So any guesses what "Lani" is short for?

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

In this podcast, she admits the script came first. She says she re-wrote it after a publisher read it and told her it needed to be re-written as a series of books.

It went from 40 to 450 pages, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E63r4Wn-RE

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

This is so fun to not read. Lani Zade is such a misogynistic, unlikeable character on the page, I wonder how she will be on the silver screen.

Meanwhile,

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7957648/lani-sarem-blues-traveler-manager-novelist-bestseller-list

And please don't get washed away, chitoryu.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Besesoth posted:

This article is so great, though.

"I sold a whole lot of books using a method that the industry has no system in place to track, which is how I reached the top of the industry's tracking system!"

While also making no money assuming she bought and sold the books at retail lol. Any commission she gets has to be way less than the markup.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Looking at those pictures of her on that modeling page that seem to have been taken 10-15 years ago, she definitely still thinks she looks the same and can pass as some 18-20 year old. But now? Hahaha, no way. She's just deluded.

Modeling aside most people trying to "break into showbiz" at least get professional head shots done. Lani is so confident in her writing(?) she is using her best Facebook profile pic to sell her "book."

I hope it does get made into a movie and then a rifftrax at least.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

This is a really eye-opening article. She has the poker face of an angry chimpanzee.

Also, she had 3 editors and it still came out with this many errors? How bad was the original draft?

The three editors were Thomas "I was in American Pie" Nicholas, Lani Sarem and Carrot Top.

I kind of would like to see this made into a movie. It could be the next Manos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Probably true but I haven't seen The Room yet.

Baron Corbyn posted:

someone upthread said the American Pie guy is even more delusional than Lani and I'd say this proves it:

This man is a gem.

• Locked thread