Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

can't wait for infrastructure week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

in surprising twist trump turns out to be awesome in 2018

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

uhh blatant lobbyist corruption is okay when trump does it

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

oh right i missed the shouting match between mcconnelly and trump yesterday or something

tax reform is going swimmingly

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

anything interesting going on in that press conference

im too lazy to go check, only thing that gets me fired up nowadays is a 1+ hour trump of the will campaign rally tirade

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nichael posted:

it's very serious people pretending that donny, a literal nazi and russian asset, is a legitimate president. pretty boring

normally i would find this extremely concerning but lmao it's 2017

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

remember when bannon got fired 20 years ago?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lol

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

wrt afghanistan 'strategy' it's going to be some weaksauce extra couple thousand soldiers which is going to be too little to actually do anything and too much to just leave right

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

there is no right number. when I was there we had 95k reported troops there.

that was seven years ago.

lmao things are going great

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i almost hope trump is going crazy in afghanistan and attacks camps in pakistan in the most dumb and diplomatically damaging way so that he gets in a huge fight with a highly unstable nuclear power

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lmao

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

get the gently caress out of afghanistan and spend that money on fixing our broken and fractious country

from what i understand they are there nowadays to prevent it from becoming a free haven for terrorists which is somehow different from what it already is right now

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

lol ya once we leave we can't keep calling some of the terrorists allies so the numbers skyrocket overnight by definition

It will attract some other suicidal imperalist nation to doom itself with promises of untold riches there, let somebody else take that task up

putin won't be able to resist, indirectly leading to russia imploding once again

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

anime was right posted:

wait so like theres a huge hurricane now whats going on are people gonna die aaaa

yes but dont worry trump is on it

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Phi230 posted:

cannot wait for the worst ecnomic meltdown since the depression

note that during the great depression the entire world GDP fell by 15%

2007-2008 was only 1% worldwide

we can do it!!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i wanted to make an effort post on global economics in modern history but all i really have to say is

lmao we are all screwed

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

remember when being a nazi was considered a bad thing?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

caring about the rule of law in 2017 lmao

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Joementum posted:

tfw you're a columnist for the english edition of a 100+ year old yiddish paper

tbf netanyahu is befriending literal neo-nazis in hungary just to snub george soros for criticizing his corrupt apartheid state, maybe he/she got their inspiration from him

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lmao

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i think the US might be having some issues lately

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

hey guys i've been having this unshakable feeling that we are heading to some sort of global catastrophe that will make 9/11 look quaint by comparison

but that might just be me

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

mooch 2020 is what we deserve

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

watching end of evangelion thinking to yourself, im going to see something similar to this in my lifetime

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

hey texas i hope you don't drown

also is it true that tons of people refuse to evacuate despite explicit orders to do so lmao

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

oh btw about lenin he was a murderous monster and the only reason history remembers him somewhat neutrally is because stalin was way worse lmao

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i'm starting to have this sneaking suspicion that if your parents are rich you have a 99% chance of being an extremely out of touch moron

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Junkyard Poodle posted:

over 5 easy. her parents have some in a trust, she sits on a few company boards where she gets paid 100k plus each per year.

just imagine this being your life and seriously believing you got where you are all by yourself and that you have a positive impact on society lmao

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

can't wait for kushner to fix the middle east and ARE TROOPS to finish what they started in afghanistan

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

don't doxx me

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

cool mine's shitposting

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

emfive posted:

A lot of that part of Texas is pretty poor. The roads are not great and getting from the coast to any place safer is hard. Gas stations ran out of gas by Friday I'll bet if not earlier.

well that sucks, thought the state/federal government would be more on top of things

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

tbf it would be tough for immigrants to cross the border if all of texas turned into a swamp

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

new afghanistan strategy ladies and gentlemen

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

watch out for snakes

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

isn't /pol/ making GBS threads pretty hard on trump nowadays

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

no poo poo sherlock