Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay so this game does actually need to wrap up at some point. setting a wednesday evening deadline. message me if that doesn't work for you, but i leave town friday morning and i want this one in the books by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll vote by tomorrow night. Sorry somber. Enjoying this Lions game too much tonight

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Let's get it over with. Don't be scum, TNL.

##vote chores

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
No!!! Don't!!!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

##unvote

Well I can certainly hold off but post a case or something.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'll vote by tomorrow night. Sorry somber. Enjoying this Lions game too much tonight

:ghost: my dad is pissed he's missing it :ghost:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've always only ironically been a Lions fan but this may finally be the year I make the transition and experience true football disappointment for the first time, the proper Lions experience.

Anyway, uhh chores do you have anything to say? You're making absolutely no effort to convince me you're not scum here.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The way I see it yronic has advanced a lot of arguments and suspicions that I haven't agreed with but it's nothing outside of what a newbie town player might post. He's engaged in most conversations and seems at least outwardly interested in making the right calls

chores on the other hand has been pretty brisk with his thoughts and opinions to the point where he proclaimed days 3 and 4 effectively over even though there was a lot on both days to talk about. He's got a great track record calling out Monster scum but never even mentioned Tesco scum derp. He's also made a few setup speculations that either look like insider information (he is the first to suggest scum may not have been allowed to kill on night 1) or like attempts to frame Tesco in a better light (before Magnus' watch reveal is claimed he characterizes the Kashuno kill as a town kill).

If it comes down to who I'd rather lose to then I'd rather lose to yronic here, who all game has felt invested in the outcome, than chores who feels to me like he's been testing what he can get away with all game. It's lylo and chores has posted six words.

I'm prepared to vote chores whenever, but I'll hold off so at least he has a chance to respond.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i work a stupid amt of hours this week

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ill try to post when it slows down tonight

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its super lmao to be characterised as having said nothing about derp when tnl was on the mags only train d3 aswell

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im pretty sure its tnl i posted some suspicions late last game day just copy forward it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i was "brisk" about posting cuz i knew starting saturday id literally be working more than id be at home

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

anyway i will ##vote tnl

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yronic iunno how you think im more opportunistic than tnl when hes literally just vote for whoever i led the push on on any game day

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i have a post to make but i have stuff to do hold on

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

got some chores tonight posted:

its super lmao to be characterised as having said nothing about derp when tnl was on the mags only train d3 aswell

You didn't say anything about derp. I thought he was town, yeah, but at least I talked about him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

chores voting me with absolutely no consideration of whether yronic who just voted him is scum, he's completely given up trying to convince men he's town.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote chores

It's up to you yronic, if you're scum then it's already gg.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

chores voting me with absolutely no consideration of whether yronic who just voted him is scum, he's completely given up trying to convince men he's town.

yeah cuz ur scum u doofus

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

You didn't say anything about derp. I thought he was town, yeah, but at least I talked about him.

fake news

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i cant make my comprehensive tnl is scum post until 2-4am est assuming no one comes in past midnight but dont worry ill make it itll be on mobile so my quoting wont be good but hopefully its followable

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

On paper chores is more scummy but I just don't feel it in my gut after reading through again.

##vote TNL

:redhammer:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The two of them walked through the woods together. It was spring now and raining again, but neither minded much. Chester ran through the gathering pools of water with no trace of the limp he’d carried for months. Maria smiled from beneath her umbrella.

They reached the northmost boundary at last. She could see it now, and Chester stopped to inspect it. He gave it a sniff and seemed satisfied. The Vicar took stock of her handiwork and was satisfied as well. She was new to this world, but the improvements seemed to be holding.

The rain picked up and Chester growled. There was something right outside the barrier now, Vicar could see a creature of shadow with pale yellow eyes step forward only feet from her position on the inside the barrier. She stared back at it, unblinking. It pressed a hand to the wall of pale blue light that protected her, and hissed in rage as its hand burned away from a single touch. It vanished, and the rain dropped to a gentle patter.

They’d been given a second chance. It had not been easy to convince the council, but with the opposition out of the way they’d managed. Life went on in Lychford, some of those who left found their way back, others did not. But, now the duties that had been neglected for decades were taken up again. The coven became a coalition, a growing group that began to learn the ancient ways. They met once a week, and in the early morning or right at twilight, sometimes you would see them out by the edges of Lychford. You would know them by their Cloaks.

Several Months Before

There was a knock at the door of Deirdre’s room at the EasyHotel. “Finally,” she muttered, “new recruits.” It had been a hard road without Yusef, as insufferable as he’d been, but the vote was just hours away. If they could secure this moment, she could begin her great working and complete the design.

She opened the door and a woman in a clergy uniform was there. She blinked “The Vicaress?”

Maria pulled a cricket bat from behind her back. “Actually, you can just say Vicar.” She swung the bat and caught Deirdre in the stomach.

Deirdre fell back, fighting for breath. Vicar Maria stepped towards her, hefting the bat. “Normally, the church frowns upon violence, but I think we can make an exception in your case.” Deirdre grabbed a piece of chalk that had rolled underneath the desk in her room and began to trace patterns into the thin hotel carpet. As Maria stepped forward to deliver another blow, Deirdre rolled away to reveal her working. Maria stopped. The shape was horrible. It was just a series of concentric squares arrayed in a spiral pattern, but it was somehow wrong. The bat dropped to the floor. Maria couldn’t take her eyes off the shape, much less move. Deirdre began to stand up.

Maria was knocked to the floor as Chester came bounding in behind her. He barked and something changed, the mark in the floor turned red, then vanished. Deirdre had managed to work her way back near the front door and was in the middle of another drawing when Chester turned to her and began to grow҉l. ̕S͜h͘e̛ st͘o͞pp͡e҉d̛, t͞h͜e ̧c͢hal͏k̕ tr̵e͏mb͜li͟n͞g in͏ h̕er h̀a̴n̨d.̛ As͞ ̨Ma͞r̀ia͜ g͘r̸ab͏bed th҉e͠ ̧bat ̨and̵ t̵urn̸e͞d to ͢façe͏ ͝her̀, sh̨e̡ ̛s̵tóǫd c͏o̧mpļete҉l̵y s͜ti҉ļl͟ a̶s̛ ҉thęy s͡ţa͡red̀ at͠ ̶e̛ach ͡o̵t҉her͢,͢ ͢C̶he̵ster’̧s͏ ̵g̵row̨l̕ ͢h͏umḿing įn ͠t҉he̛ ba̕c̴k̨g̴ŕou̡nd̡.̵ De͠ird̸r҉e҉ ͝b͏r̀o͢ķe҉ fi̵rst́.́

The̸ ҉̢t͏w͠͞ò ̧҉̕ù͡ń͟l̷͏í͏k̀͞ę͡ļ̧y͟͟͠ ć̸̀óm̴̛p̷̷̛an̢i̡ons̸͟ ͞ş͘͘t̶́ood͟͡ ͡͠o͞͝n̢ ̸̀͞t͞҉h͘͟e͞͏ ̷̶b̷̨͘a̶̧l͘͘c͟o͞n̛̕͡y͘͞͞, ̸͟ẃ҉̴a̕͠t̕͜c͜h̡̛͜ing͘ ͟a͟ş͝ Dè͝i͠r͝d͘͠re҉́̕ ̶́s̸͠p͡éd̢͘ ͜a̴̵ẁ̴͟a̵̶̡ý ̷́̀i̸͞n͟t͘͡ò̴ ̛͘t͝h̴́e͟ ͟͟͞f̴a̴̴͡l͜͟͜lin̡̛g͢ ̸s҉҉̵n͜o̶͞w.̷͞ ́͟T̕͜h̷̡ę̶͟ ̕͘V͡į̀ça̴r̕ ͝s͟͜i҉g̷h͜͜ed̴͏ ̴̢a̸̧n͘͞d́͞ ̡͜͟s͜e͏̢t ͢ḩ͞e͡͏͞r ͜b̨at̀͢͠ ̡̕͜d̴͢ǫ҉͞w̡͢n̨.͜ ̢͠҉“̵G͏̶̢ǫ͢͠o͟d͘ ̢̛̕b̶̛o̷͝y̢,͏́”͘ ͘͜҉s҉he̕͟ ̛҉̨s͡a͞͏i̴͢d̀͜,̵͢͜ ̨a͠n͞͡d s̨͘c͏r͏̶a̴̢t͜҉͜c̷h̀̀e̢̕d͟͠ ̴҉C̷̕h̀e͏̷s̷͘t͞er ̨͜͝b́e͘h̵̛ì̷n͘͞d̛ ̶hi̷͢s̢̛͠ ̶̛e͘͜y̧͝e̡͠s̴͞.̶҉ ͜͜͞T͡h̕͢e̛ ̛͟d̸o̶g̸̷͢ ̷̶g̨a͝v̨̢̛ȩ͟ ͞a͏̸̵ ͏b̵̨̕a̸͝r͞͝k̢̛ ͏͢ó̵f́ ͟s͢a̸t҉̴i͡͡s̸̀͘f̶̛a̕҉̵cti̛͠ó̷n̵ ̀͢t̶̨͡h̷̴͟a̛͠t́͞ s҉͟e̵n̢̢t ̸̕h̡͢͡e͞͏ŕ ̸̨e̸͟y̡e͜s҉ ̢̧͟r̶͠i͟͞n͢gi̡̕n̷͟g ̡aga͝iņ,͞ ͟͞b҉u̴t̛̕ ̷M҉̸ą̷ri͜͡ą̵ ̀ẁ̶á҉҉s̢̕͝ s̕t̷͞il̨ļ̴͏ ̷͡s̨m̡i̧l̢i̕ņ̨g̸ ҉́s͟͞͏m̡͠í́͘ļi͏͞n͡g̸ ̨s̸m̨͜i̸ ̀l͢ ͏҉į͠ ̵n̴͝ ͏̡͏n͏͢ ̧͝ņ̢͜ ͏͢n͘ ̀̀g.̛

wait, hold on, darn mafia machine broke again. let me reboot real quick.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The Ninth Layer, Chester the Dog, Lychford Vanilla was put down say six!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mldM8drkNnA&list=PLF856C567161062F6&index=17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoTI-Ws18A <----- MANDATORY CLICK

TESCO! It’s here, now! Have you ever wanted to buy groceries, but didn’t know how? Tesco is here to help. Tesco is your neighbor, your mechanic, your pharmacist, your cousin, your son, your wife, you haven’t seen her in so long yet here she is as lovely as that last day on the bridge. Tesco!

Here at Tesco, we believe every little bit helps. What we don’t say is that the big bits help too, sometimes even more. That’s why Tesco believes in giving you the Tesco Rewards Card. Carry it with you everywhere! Put it in your mouth while you sleep, you never know when you’ll need to spring into great deals. Hold it in the air and say ‘TESCO TESCO TESCO!’ That way everyone knows you’re enjoying the benefits of Tesco rewards! Tesco!

Tesco. We do pig stuff too. Tesco!

Ever have trouble figuring out how to get the trash out of your house, you dumb gently caress? Guess what? We have a guy named Greg and he’ll come to your house to take your trash! No more stuffing rotting meat into the cabinets, Greg is your one-stop trash solution. Call us anytime, day or night, and Greg will be there to take your trash. No wait, Greg’s already there? Greg! Tesco!

Do you ever feel… not very Tesco? It happens to all of us, sad to say. Luckily, we have the answer to this byzantine riddle of nightmares: Tesco Extra. For those of us who look at Tesco and say ‘Uh, yeah, I’ll take a little more of that please and thank you.’

Hey, do you ‘get it’? Because if you do, Tesco Extra might be right for you.That’s why we’ve opened up enrollment to everyone, because we believe that if you get it, we’ve got you. With Tesco Extra, we’ve got your back because we’re always right behind you. Kids can join too. Tesco!

Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have a membership and I’m not sure if I want one, is it expensive?
In some senses, yes! In other senses, membership is compulsory and completely free!
I notice more screaming than before at night.
Not actually a question, but we all make mistakes. Yes! That is normal.
I want to work at Tesco, is it safer inside there?
Absolutely! Employee safety is a priority at Tesco. We guarantee that any outside threats will not be able to penetrate our perimeter! We’re still figuring out the inside threats, but we’re like halfway there. Give it a month. Tesco!
Can I please not shop at Tesco?
You can leave this town but you can never leave this town. You can leave this town but you can never leave this town.
Did the Scum win?
Yeah buddy, you know it.

A cold and bitter wind chilled Lychford, as Winter had come early. Otherwise, most were none the wiser. It did seem a bit of bad luck had come by, but these things happened. Car accidents, heart attacks, a missing child. Tragedies, surely, but merely the misplaced affections of fate. There was nothing that you could ascribe to a higher, or lower power. The unseen world, was a different story.

The construction of the new grocery store cut through the very heart of Lychford’s defenses, the ancient stonework laid centuries ago when the seen and unseen world were close relatives. The people then knew the stories and the ways, and they passed down their knowledge casually, never once guessing that someday their workings would be entrusted to a handful of the enlightened few.

Never once did they guess the protections would fail.

It swept through the town in a wave at first, all the beasts and foul things of the hidden world come at last to prey on those who could see them. Within a week, there was no one touched by the sight left in Lychford. Then it was an easy enough thing to prey on the rest of the town at their leisure.

yronic heroism, Vicar Maria, Lychford Vanilla was eaten by the beasts of the endless field!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEMYvpoR-k
You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken hallelujah

got some chores tonight, Deirdre Commons, Tesco Rolecop has achieved a SCUM victory for himself and derp!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmCSnqOo_I

He's making hexagons
He's making perfect squares
He's making triangles
He's making cylinders
And in the junk yard
Above the robot screams
They give him orders
Like Rabbits from his dreams
They're laying eggs now
And Hatching fever spells
He eats them slowly
His blood is thinner now

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 20, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hot drat guys what a loving banger.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
T̵̨̧̻̫̬̲͕̦͚͕̟̦͚͖͍̣̻͇̯̖ͧ̔̏́ͤ̎͒ͯ̅̊ͣ͒̎̅͑̀͝ ͨ͛̍̔͒̎ͤͫ̅̅̿́̿̊̔̊́͠͏͇̘̼̺͚E̊̅̐̉ͪͧ̆̂̆̌͑̎ͪ̃͊҉̶̛̮̮͕̺̩͉͇̖̻̯ ̗͇̹̜̰͓͙͚ͫͬ̐ͭ͌ͧ̽̎ͬ͊̄͌̄ͣ͋́́̚͟ͅS̶̡̛̼̫̜̪̖̺̖͉͔̗̝̺̥̺ͬ́͗̏ͤ͑̓ͪ̆͊ͥ̿͛ͥͣ͌ͣ̐͠͠ ̶̓ͬ̓͑̋ͩ̏̇ͮ̀ͩͪ̅̃̍̚͞͠҉̭͈̯̦C̸̢̱̣̦͍̙͚̙͚̣̊ͩ̿̋ͫ̿̀̑̄͒̉ͪ́͢ ̷̞͖̹̹̰̻̞̪̼̟̜͉̗̘͈͙̟̍̄͂ͮ̂ͫ͜͟͠O̶̧̡̹̜͎̘͍̻̦̜͉̩̻͕ͥ̐̔̽̿ͧ̐͂ͯ̊̀͑̿́͌̅ͅ
̧ͮ̄̽ͧ̇͛ͪͣ̿͛ͪ͞҉͈̞̫̼̻̘̬̮̭̮̯͡
̪̯̺̳͈̒̎̿ͭ͛̋ͭ̂ͨ̀̌͗͘͟E̫̗̘̜͌̂ͮͦͣ̄ͬ̉ͭ̆ͥͭ́ͅ ̷̨̝̦̘̦̺̠̼͇͙̦͙̼̙̖̈́ͨ͋͆ͧͥͨͨͦ̍̏͋ͬ̏̓͐ͤ͜͠Ñ̷̴̡̞͓̠̯͈̠͉͉̭̟̳͍̩͓̿̐̿ͯ͐̃̌͂ͨ̔͌̓ͪ͂͌͆͘͢ ̄ͤͪ̂̽͊̓҉͟͞҉͚̦̗̹̙̘̫̦̖͉̺͇̖̖̦͔D̟̜̭̣̦͓̜̮͙͈̾̀͋͑͛̔ͧ̃̌̊͒ͪ́̉͝ ̒ͩͬ͂͊̍͟͏̮̯͚͙͍̞̭̩̣̯̞̻͇̳Ṳ̷̸̷̢͍͖̝̫͎̲̬̈́̏̓ͥͨ̑͋͆̓͋͊̑ͬ̋̈́̅̏̏͟ ̿́̇͗͐͂̆̓͑ͭ҉҉̧̠̯͓̹͇̦͍͇̪̻̻͖̯ͅR̷̳̥̙̰̭̃ͭ̄̃̾̒͑̒͒̎ͭͦ͋̿̍̇́ ̶̛̫̞̜̗̹̺̟̜̺͙̙̂̾̾̎ͪ̄̑̽͂̽̓̅̈͌͆ͦͨ́̚͠ͅE̷̽̀̑̈ͮ́ͩͯ̒̓̾͂̓͛̀͟͏̝̙͍͇̙̦̠̺̤͖̹͙̹̩̳͎ͅ ̹͙̬̖̝͍͇͋̃̀͆̈͂ͯ̉̂̐̋ͧ̑̃̄́́̕͢ͅS̸̳̤̪̳̘͕͖ͭ̃͛́͛̅̇͒̅́̓͆̂ͣ͛͗ͣ̽̚̕͞ͅ

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aBWSl6SrY6iQgGOH9vS_kNzrLvzp1hDN6N9VBMnssAI/edit?usp=sharing Night Actions

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d3wE_-k_d2ECWEsNaYFPAnlUhVjNblh_Ff7Aaa0QR5I/edit?usp=sharing Setup Draft and Complete Role Flavor(there is a decent amount)

So what was the deal with this game?

As disclosed, it was a Mafia variant. As undisclosed, it was Fire & Ice. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Fire_and_Ice

A couple changes were made. The first time scum both successively targeted each other with the faction kill, both kills would fail. This happened night one, which was crazy.

I ran this because I was thinking back to Little Mac’s ‘The League II’ and how much fun it was as scum, to hunt down the other scum team. I think the Fire & Ice rules helped to an extent, but it’s hard to examine the success or failure of the setup given how buckwild things went down.

I thought both scum teams played well, but hyper aggressively. It’s probably confirmation bias at work, but I thought flerp/flam and derp/chores were playing very very close together in a way that’d be immediately apparent. There were several decisions from both town and scum that I was definitely not expecting over the course of the game.

I have, I think, just two takeaways from this game.

Fire & Ice works better if you don’t tell everyone it’s that.
Fire & Ice works better with a bigger game, maybe?

As for the rest of the setup, you can see there was nothing too buckwild. Honestly losing Retro D1 was kind of a huge hit. Not to encourage the dirty d1 no-lynchers, but that sucked. Personally I thought everyone played really well! Town caught a huge break with all the scum on scum murder but in the end CHORES FROM DOWNTOWN!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Dammit all!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

yronic heroism posted:

WTF was with that DCB self sacrifice/flam self vote stuff though. (Don't tell us till game over if you read this, DCB.) Like, some day there will be a gambit where people unironically claim to be scum if that hasn't already happened or doesn't have some mafiascum wiki term.

That was me being on tilt after a truly lovely day and making about as many bad game choices as I could possibly have made. It was lovely, I feel bad about it, sorry.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Well this was a fun one.

I hope Yronic wears those 2 sequential town hammers around his neck like an albatross till the end of time!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Sorry town, I'm never trusting my gut again...

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Great flavour by the way.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Great flavour by the way.

thanks!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Also, my bad folks; I didn't realize I could mason-recruit after N0. I thought it was then or never. Waiting could have helped.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Everyone else played it well. Thanks for running this somber.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the game somber i had fun

and yes killer flavor, really fun

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol it was so hard on day whatever when i knew without a shadow of a doubt that derp was scum but i only knew that because of scum reasons

but yeah this was a fun game

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
but also to be fair to derp if i didnt have my scum info i wouldnt have pegged him as scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Meh I probably should have pushed chores a little harder at the end but I was hoping yronic would do the right thing, oh well. GG to scum and chores at the end.

• Locked thread