Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Just was offered replacement opportunity, am apparently free lunch so we'll see how long I last.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (9): 2 penny bottle imp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, got some chores tonight, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, yronic heroism

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also hi chores its good of you to actually post

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
tobbs gnawed replaces Saith

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (4): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight

Not Voting (8): 2 penny bottle imp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, yronic heroism

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That's a lot of words.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh I'm -3.

Fullclaim time I am VT.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Flavor is that I'm a teacher and I apparently gave some autistic kid some stickers.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Flavor is that I'm a teacher and I apparently gave some autistic kid some stickers.

congrats on the stickers

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

congrats on the stickers

I guess now I have to read the thread and figure out who scum is fml

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I guess now I have to read the thread and figure out who scum is fml

im sry

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Replacements are bad

Replacements are good when it's legitimately someone mia rather than a "sorry I gotta duck out."

More players alive is good because it puts off lylo.

This is a dice roll execution since there's no way anyone could have an alignment impression based on 0 gameplay posts.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

tobbs gnawed replaces Saith

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (4): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight

Not Voting (8): 2 penny bottle imp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, yronic heroism

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Is he still a free vote?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
TNL Mr. F and stick up.

Feeling TNL the most ##vote TNL

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yeah I am free lunch.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

flerp posted:

also hi chores its good of you to actually post

fifth post

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

thanks

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Flamander posted:

I assume it's in response to stickup's vote for him, but I dunno.

Flamander's last post of day 1. The votecount at the time was pretty much everyone at 2, Flamander isn't voting anybody and ends the day without a vote. Could be scum who didn't want to make the vote that "put anyone over." No visible interest in who might get voted or who might be scum.

##vote Flamander

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I put runes on the little kid's stickers and an imp hopped onto him so I am somewhat of a fucker but still just VT.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think flerp and chores and kash are town.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

No kills gets you no info - but it also costs you no townies.

This is what I'm saying. Maybe I'm overreacting after having been burned in prior games, but I think the loss of "get no info" is offset by the gain of "didn't lose a townie." I am, obviously, not in the majority with that opinion, but it's what I think.

DivineCoffeeBinge's last post of the day. This is pretty close to hammer, DCB argues for a day 1 no lynch and abstains from voting. What amazes me about DCB's post history is how many words are devoted to explaining why day 1 is a worthless day while exactly 0 of them are talking about the game at hand or specific players. I also think the general doomsaying about the day 1 execution hitting town without mentioning Opop's name is a scummy way of getting credit for being right in hindsight.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote saith

got some chores tonight posted:

flamander next his post history is short and also bad and triple also scummy

how about yronic instead

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh hi tobbs ##vote yronic

thanks for not updating this one thread awful app

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

thanks for not updating this one thread awful app

Hi sticky! Not reading the thread and voting the vote leader even though he's free lunch looks real bad.

Let's see some bullet points for why you're not scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hi sticky! Not reading the thread and voting the vote leader even though he's free lunch looks real bad.

I'm never scum when you do this

saith should die regardless under those circumstances, and you know it. you get a pass for replacing saith. now you should die for having wrong opinions about myself and tnl, which you shouldn't have if you read the thread

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Agreed. ## vote yronic. Yronic v scummy because of:

yronic heroism posted:

##vote rf

Obviously nothing else is gonna happen here and I don't like the omgus they pulled on TNL.

Right after this:

yronic heroism posted:

Agreed

##vote Saith

The Saith vote was an unassailable vote against a lurker, with zero chance of success. Once it was clear that yronic would have to get his scummy hands dirty for the lynch at hand, he changed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

saith should die regardless under those circumstances, and you know it. you get a pass for replacing saith. now you should die for having wrong opinions about myself and tnl, which you shouldn't have if you read the thread

Nah

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##unvote dont make me regret this tobbs

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah I am free lunch.

Confirming this.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

##vote saith

how about yronic instead

You are proving all my instincts from before correct.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
eh, I want to give tobbs the day at least, regardless of it being free or not. I wouldn't condemn him for his predecessors posts, and willn't condemn him for a dark, endless void instead of his predecessors posts

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hmm, no real response to this other than misdirection.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Now this:

eh, I want to give tobbs the day at least, regardless of it being free or not. I wouldn't condemn him for his predecessors posts, and willn't condemn him for a dark, endless void instead of his predecessors posts

Immediately after this:

##vote stickup

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

##unvote dont make me regret this tobbs

You'll only regret it if you're scum, which I think you're not.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

The Ninth Layer posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge's last post of the day. This is pretty close to hammer, DCB argues for a day 1 no lynch and abstains from voting. What amazes me about DCB's post history is how many words are devoted to explaining why day 1 is a worthless day while exactly 0 of them are talking about the game at hand or specific players. I also think the general doomsaying about the day 1 execution hitting town without mentioning Opop's name is a scummy way of getting credit for being right in hindsight.

Oh yes absolutely it's vastly scummy of me to start arguing that a D1 no-lynch is nothing to fear and actually preferable to lynching on a lovely non-case back when RF had two votes on him and then actually hold that position instead of just going 'oh okay guys I guess you've convinced me that low info lynches are a good thing' and dropping the hammer the way I had a chance to for twenty solid minutes. Jesus gently caress you are dumb.

Your case sucked and you managed to drum up enough support to kill a townie anyway, I applaud your efforts to immediately start out D2 by immediately declaring "hey everyone look at these other posters who didn't allow themselves to be led into lynching a townie the way I said we should, clearly they must be scummy," it's clever and all, but it's also a pretty transparent attempt to avoid any consequences for the fact that you spent all of D1 bouncing your vote around until you found someone you could sorta vaguely make a tenuous case about; also it's pretty sweet how you signed up by saying "It will probably be a fairly low key game from me" and then you became the post leader; I'm sure you're not unleashing a shitton of "low key" posts because you're trying to be the scum's expendable bandleader at all, honest

I'll work up some thoughts on other players in a bit, I just got up from a nap and I want to do some rereading and thinking, but I hope that's enough mentioning of at least one specific player for you.

Also:

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok but after you idiots kill me please avenge me by killing TNL tomorrow

##vote tnl

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

Now this:

Immediately after this:

##vote stickup

I agree ##vote stickup

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, flerp
this is a stickup (2): yronic heroism, Mr. F!
The Ninth Layer (2): Tobbs Gnawed, DivineCoffeeBinge
yronic heroism (2): this is a stickup, 2 penny bottle imp
Flamander (1): The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (2): Flamander, flerp

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Did anyone happen to watch me last night?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##vote dcb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

derp posted:

##vote dcb

Pretty sure you're going to want to bold the name there, it doesn't look like Votefinder noticed.

Anyways, a couple of initial thoughts, all of which are initial and subject to change, in no particular order:

Tobbs Gnawed is a replacement, but it's not like he's gonna say anything that would contradict Saith's posts since Saith never posted, so it's hard to say yea or nay one way or another just yet. I'd like to check, though - I'm assuming that the claim of 'VT' means Veteran and not, like, Vermont or something? Because I don't know what Vermont would do in a Mafia game but I assume it involves maple trees.

got some chores tonight posted some song lyrics, was virtually silent throughout all of D1 except when he popped in to drop the hammer with less than a minute left, that's... sure, that's a thing. It's not a thing I'm particularly keen on, in all honesty.

Kashuno... at first I was thinking "hey how convenient that his vanishing coincided with having a few votes on him" but I went back and checked and actually, no, it didn't at all; by the time he dropped out of posting for the day he had no votes on him, so it reads to me like he actually did have poo poo go down and not, like, a dude falling silent because he doesn't want to arouse suspicion. Plus if he had been quiet out of fear there'd be no reason for him to bring attention to himself with his apology post. So right now I'm leaning town. I would like to hear how he went from voting TNL to being certain TNL is town, though.

• Locked thread