Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

Not that I believe you but who did you watch night 1?

Why would you not believe me? Is it because I caught your buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr. F! posted:

To throw suspicion off myself being the watcher and also to see if anyone targeted me and was blocked. I think scum probably have a jail

scum jailor did flip

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Okay, got my clarification. So I'm going to write a short novel.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
To begin: I am a Lychford Bulletproof Bodyguard. This means that I can protect another player, and if they're targeted with a killing action, I will die in their place - but the first kill that targets me will fail. I do not get a message if that protection is triggered.

(the clarification I wanted was to double-check that my protection applies if I'm intercepting a killing action on my protectee, which of course it does, but it was phrased with just the teensiest degree of ambiguity so I wanted to be 100% certain)

No naturally, n1's no-kill piqued my interest, because hey, it could have been because I protected the person that scum was targeting! Mind you, that's very much not a guarantee - no message when the protection fires, remember - but still, it was a possibility. I feel okay claiming now because either the protection fired and now if I get killed at night it muddies the waters (people thinking 'oh this person must be scum because they had reason to want DCB dead' when actually no one wanted me dead in the first place, I just got in the way), so better to get that information out early, or the protection didn't fire and now scum has to be concerned about who I might protect, and anything that makes scum's lives harder is okay in my book.

Point is, on n1 I protected yronic.

Now, like I said, I don't know for certain that I was responsible for the n1 no-kill, but I did go into d2 thinking about what might follow from a no-kill; I decided that if I were scum and the person we wanted to kill didn't actually get killed, I would probably do my utmost to see that person get lynched, just in case they have some kind of bullshit nightkill immunity or whatever.

(incidentally, I picked yronic because he was the only player to respond to my (entirely sincere, not a trap) "d1 no-lynches aren't inherently awful" post by not calling me a colossal fuckup, which was petty and silly but gently caress it, it was n1, it's not like there was anything solid to base a decision on)

Which brings me to stickup, who opened up d2 by voting Saith, the safest of all possible votes, not realizing that Saith had been replaced by Tobbs, and then two minutes later switching his vote to yronic and keeping it there all day. This was hardly conclusive guilt - like I said, I can't be certain that yronic was the scum target n1 and even if he was I can't be certain that stickup would react to being blocked the way I did - but it was enough to get him on my radar. That only accentuated all the other pings; the "look at my posting history in these games where I was town" as though that had any meaning at all (because of course a scum player is going to try and fit within their established townie pattern), the laser fixation on yronic, the "I am supporting the case against Flamander even though I'm not voting for him with like fifteen minutes left because maybe there would be some sort of groundbreaking discussion at the last second" weaseling, et cetera; I've discussed this in several posts now.

I'm not calling it proof, but this is why I've been pretty suspicious of stickup since early d2; dude reads to me like a guy trying to get town to do during the day what scum failed to do during the night. So that's where I'm coming from, and I'd like to see what the rest of town thinks about it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I wish I had a second vote for yronic

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
VOTE MR F

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

THEN FLERP

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ITS WINNING TIME

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
youre absolutely incorrect and it pains me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote derp

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

The Ninth Layer posted:

quote:

Did anyone happen to watch me last night?

If you're the watcher then why did you make this post???

That's not great. I really don't get this play at all, except as foegetfulness (and if your role really were watcher, wouldn't you remember?)

Frankly either Mr F or Derp is scum, and I tend to believe Derp.

I gotta vote my gut:

##vote Mr F

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. F! (4): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, derp, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp
derp (2): Mr. F!, flerp
yronic heroism (1): this is a stickup

Not Voting (2): DivineCoffeeBinge, The Ninth Layer

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
no you loving idiots derp is scum what the gently caress

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
like it matters im gonna loving shoot derp in the face if you idiots lynch mr. f

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

## unvote

flerp posted:

like it matters im gonna loving shoot derp in the face if you idiots lynch mr. f

Explain.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im vig im gonna shoot him in the face

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thank you for unvoting im not feeling like wasting my vig when you can just loving murder derp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also putting mr. f at -1 when you have almost three hours left, yes, good

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

im vig im gonna shoot him in the face

You need to roleclaim in full I think. Did you kill one of the 2 last night? Or are you a 1-shot?

And frankly ya, if Mr F flips town, then Derp is a great vig target.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yes im one shot i can shoot somebody in the drat face and im going to salvage this game if you guys fucks up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

also putting mr. f at -1 when you have almost three hours left, yes, good

three days i meant im a lil drunk rn

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
god how the gently caress are you going to put somebody at -1 with that much time left im actually baffled

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I knew there was a vig. Shoot mr f if hes town kill me. 100% guarantee hes scum. I protected myself again last night i went nowhere

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
or OR here me out now we can kill the scum derp and save my vig

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dont know how any fucko can guarantee anybody is 100% scum

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Cause he lied. Hes scum

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
He made up a lame claim to get me killed cause pressure was on. I have been 100% honest this game. I am a doc and ive protected myself every night, just like i said. it stopped the kill one night. I got a message n1 that said flamander was scum and tnl town. I told the thread. And it turned out true for flam. Im also mason with another player who can attest to my truthfulness if they choose to. He is making up lies to sow confusion. Hes scum.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

dont know how any fucko can guarantee anybody is 100% scum

Basically Derp knows what his actions were. He knows whether Mr F is lying. We kill one then kill the other if needed. Boom done.

Mr F's claim was really bad and vague by the way.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

derp posted:

He made up a lame claim to get me killed cause pressure was on. I have been 100% honest this game. I am a doc and ive protected myself every night, just like i said. it stopped the kill one night. I got a message n1 that said flamander was scum and tnl town. I told the thread. And it turned out true for flam. Im also mason with another player who can attest to my truthfulness if they choose to. He is making up lies to sow confusion. Hes scum.

ok so this guy got a message saying somebody was scum, are doc, is masons with somebody. and also using their doc to protect only themself both night 1 and night 2. like, are you guys actually going to beleive this?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Basically Derp knows what his actions were. He knows whether Mr F is lying. We kill one then kill the other if needed. Boom done.

Mr F's claim was really bad and vague by the way.

ok but

what if derp is lying

if you are scum and you get called out for targetting somebody, what do you do? you say you targeted somebody different, obviously. thought question for you -- why did mr. f choose derp, of all people, to throw suspicion on? why did he not choose somebody who was more scummy?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I told you this was a weird game, many times

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

ok but

what if derp is lying

if you are scum and you get called out for targetting somebody, what do you do? you say you targeted somebody different, obviously. thought question for you -- why did mr. f choose derp, of all people, to throw suspicion on? why did he not choose somebody who was more scummy?

Probs because he wanted a self healing doc to be lynched.

If MR F flips town, then derp is lying and we turbolynch. 1 scum in 2 lynches is a good deal.

## vote mr F

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

ok but

what if derp is lying

My meta is im a shitposter whoes easy to lynch

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

If MR F flips town, then derp is lying and we turbolynch. 1 scum in 2 lynches is a good deal.

## vote mr F

ok but also consider that, also, normally, docs arent able to target the same targets multiple nights. and now he can. and like WHY ARE YOU PUTTING SOMEBODY AT -1 WITH ALMOST THREE DAYS LEFT IM SO loving MAD

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im legit trying to win this game for all of us and youre making this insufferably hard

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

## vote mr F

ok so if scum knows that derp is only targetiing himself

and the scum is deciding to say "im gonna claim watcher and want to draw suspicion on somebody to get them off of me"

WHY WOULD THEY SAY THAT THE PERSON WHO IS ONLY GOING TO TARGET HIMSELF IS THE PERSON WHO COMMITTED THE KILL

can you just loving think

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
To win the game vote mrf. He told a lie he thought would be cake and now is gone waiting for it to work. Hes been scummy the whole time and still is.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

ok but also consider that, also, normally, docs arent able to target the same targets multiple nights. and now he can. and like WHY ARE YOU PUTTING SOMEBODY AT -1 WITH ALMOST THREE DAYS LEFT IM SO loving MAD

There has been a lot of discussion. We have 2 competing claims. This is a pretty clear cut case for a lynch.

If someone lynches overnight, great.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Because its a lie flerp. They know im a pr cause they tried to kill me and it failed. So they make a claim to kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

ok so if scum knows that derp is only targetiing himself

and the scum is deciding to say "im gonna claim watcher and want to draw suspicion on somebody to get them off of me"

WHY WOULD THEY SAY THAT THE PERSON WHO IS ONLY GOING TO TARGET HIMSELF IS THE PERSON WHO COMMITTED THE KILL

can you just loving think

The claim is that derp is lying. If derp is lying, then he isn't targetting himself.

Again, getting the doc lynched seems like a fair hail mary pass for scum.

• Locked thread