Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
put me on team no caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
we are being surrounded by dirty capitalists. lowercasists will not be oppressed

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
long live georgia binnes

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
nice. I like it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hooray, I'm gonna win

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

Good morrow ye wondrous folk. I am confirming my PM has a lot of text I have not yet read, for tis early yet!

a rude person that should've read their pm, much unlike me, a kind person that read their wonderful pm just after receiving it, as is proper

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hbello

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I forgot who I am

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
should I look at my pm now or just roll with it and see how I feel

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
thank you kind friend derp for helping me recall my past whilst simultaneously outing bad opportunistic scum person Kashuno with a capital K, a true affront to civilization

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
...hmm ##vote kashuno

I'm not daring enough to risk a dayvig on kash without knowing if I have a dayvig or not

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

derp posted:

i have a bad feeling about this rain and dark and whispering wind. i fear some strange things may happen that cause, say, all our day powers to be shuffled around.

so if you have a dayshot you better use it quick before the scum get it

woah, heck! spooky

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

I'm BP so don't target me

##vote mr. f!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

I specifically told you NOT to target me

the person I have targeted is not you

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if I was a witch in real life, my first move would be legalizing cannabis

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

No I think he's saying he's a witch in this game ##vote stickup

I was gonna vote you for this, but then I realized I already am. :yeah:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Legit question: are you saying youre a government witch right now?

I was talking about real life, which this game is not

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

You should instead vote yourself

see, this is what the scum kids say

yronic heroism posted:

Lol, no town would say this

##vote stickup

this person should also elaborate

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm ☁ and watching the history of real life witches

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

What I'm saying is I don't believe this is a joke town would make.

well done detective! it wasn't a joke!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hmm, I have some thoughts on these matters

last time I called opop out for not voting, I was the serial killer. perhaps tnl is a serial killer! I went back through some old games to see if I had caught opop, and saw that him not voting isn't a consistent scum tell. but I was right, opop was scum!

what I'm saying is, we should kill both

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would vote for either of those people, or neither, and vote for this mole rat instead

Mr. F! posted:

I specifically told you NOT to target me

heinously attempts to frame me by misrepresenting a vote as a targeted action

Mr. F! posted:

##vote chores

Posting in only song lyrics is never a town move

lies about choresian posting tactics. a true injustice. proof, town chores totally carrying a town victory by posting song lyrics: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813438&userid=184939

Mr. F! posted:

You should instead vote yourself

encouraging the deaths of town players

Mr. F! posted:

Im not feeling the RF vote TNL.

I voted kash to try and see if I could get him posting a lot, and to see how others would react. Im fine unvoting him, as I dont think he reacted to my vote scummily.

##unvote

mean to tnl on his birthday. mean to kash despite kash making crazy games.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

##vote Stickup

omg, us

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
let's kill one of the people actively pushing for a no lynch that would starve this game starved of information of information

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
will kill opop if that's the thing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
a lackluster D1 does not mean that no useful information can be gleamed from poo poo posts during D1, and especially not post mortem

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I will vote to lynch a lurker if there's one people can get behind. Otherwise, my vote stays on RF. I just think he's being slightly scummy in the way he was trying to control the conversation.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Honestly - and I can clearly see that this isn't a popular position, clearly, but so be it - I'm not certain that a D1 no-lynch isn't better than grabbing someone on the flimsiest of evidence and just hoping they're actually scum. Because they usually aren't. At least by D2 investigative roles have some data and there's some vague hope that we're going on more than just blind gut instinct. It has been some time since I was in a SA Mafia Game, but I do still remember the fairly ridiculous number of times town ended up lynching their Doctor or something on D1 and everyone going "well that sucked but at least we learned something, right guys?" Yeah, what you learned is that you lost a valuable role and the chances of a scum victory increased significantly because you did their loving job for them. Keep telling yourself it was a net positive that you cost Town a potentially useful player on the basis of thinking their jokes weren't funny; maybe you can convince yourself. There's a reason a bunch of non-SA mafia-type games (I'm thinking specifically at the moment of Town of Salem, which no one should play because it's terrible and full of idiots) just skip D1 entirely; it's because a blind lynch is worse than no lynch at all.

Obviously that is very much not the current meta - I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't the degree of vehemence with which people have disagreed - but that's where I'm coming from.

Having said all of that, that entire premise only works if there are people on D1 who are disagreeing with me and trying to stir the pot by posting and voting, so gently caress, I don't know. A game in which everyone agreed with what I'm saying would probably have a pretty quiet and boring D1, so maybe I'm not as close to a Universal Theory Of Mafia as I think; doesn't change the fact that on Day One I would rather be thought of as terrible for not voting than actually be terrible by costing Town a player.

how do you feel about this post when RF is at 4/7 votes 45 minutes before deadline?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote retrofuturist

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's suuuper totally okay if we just let this no lynch happen friendos! did you know some people skip d1 entirely because it's such a crapshoot?

yronic heroism posted:

Agreed

##vote Saith

this person is scum too though, seriously. throwing out random votes with poo poo reasons at all times just to say he participated

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
all of these people are not voting, why would you come in 30m from deadline to call out lurkers and non voters by wasting your vote on one

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

This reads like scum setting up the next target.

yronic heroism posted:

Agreed

##vote Saith

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

And what changed between your last vote and now?

anxiety.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote saith

got some chores tonight posted:

flamander next his post history is short and also bad and triple also scummy

how about yronic instead

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh hi tobbs ##vote yronic

thanks for not updating this one thread awful app

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hi sticky! Not reading the thread and voting the vote leader even though he's free lunch looks real bad.

Let's see some bullet points for why you're not scum.

I'm never scum when you do this

saith should die regardless under those circumstances, and you know it. you get a pass for replacing saith. now you should die for having wrong opinions about myself and tnl, which you shouldn't have if you read the thread

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
eh, I want to give tobbs the day at least, regardless of it being free or not. I wouldn't condemn him for his predecessors posts, and willn't condemn him for a dark, endless void instead of his predecessors posts

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
catching up in a few~

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
wall of quotes inc. putting it out there now that I would vote flam though. probably only one of these two today.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

Hmm, no real response to this other than misdirection.

lmao you haven't responded to a single point against you, and your only real original though this game was a trap post I put out there to find scum. surprise!

this is a stickup posted:

long live georgia binnes

I forgot who I am

name dropped my last somber character, then specifically use the words who I am, rather than alignment. I put dumb posts out there early in games because scum are looking for easy votes early game so they don't get called out later on for not voting. (hi opop)

yronic heroism posted:

Lol, no town would say this

##vote stickup

unsurprisingly, yronic jumps on. even though you're just trying to put content down on paper here, you're still wrong. town scum claim sometimes. claiming that you forgot your role, character, or alignment isn't very farfetched, especially as there are those that sometimes don't even read their pm right away so they can look at D1 with completely neutral eyes. but the thing that really sold it was him doubling down on it.

yronic heroism posted:

town always remembers they're town, scum always remember they're scum

"i don't remember what i am" means scum trying to think of something natural to say but failing to think it through

yronic heroism posted:

What I'm saying is I don't believe this is a joke town would make.

I've been sitting on this for a while, but you can see me do the same thing in kashuno's finally finished game, video games: the mafia

hot take: video games, are bad

decided not to quote a bunch of what I was going to because 1) 2% battery and I can't charge for 30m, 2) Game Good No Spoilers imo, you should all read it. in the immediate, just read d1 + d2 flips, or click these links for the most relevant parts

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830504&pagenumber=15&perpage=40#post475772800
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830504&userid=190650#post475860861

as soon as I have something more on that person, I pounced. same thing here with all the weirdness going on in yronic's posts. the difference is, in that game I didn't have any incentive to push. I do here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'll be back within an hour

• Locked thread