Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Why join 1 game when you could join 2?

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

embrace your lowercase posting nature

I'm not going to submit to your period pressure.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

there is... a small non-game issue here that needs to be addressed real quick, but otherwise the game will start tonight.

Noice!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Oh there's trouble brewin', that's for dang sure!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Sounds like you're shilling for Big Lynch. Workin for Tesco's pitchfork department, eh?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

derp posted:

hello i am the doctor and can protect myself every night so that's what im gunna do. probably not the best strategy to claim but it seems like what my character would do

Is this a serious post?

Because a doc that van target self (esp without alternating each round) is a sign of some pretty nasty power roles.

I hope your claim doesn't get you in trouble, if it's actually real!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Is it still night phase? Are all night phases going to be open?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

how did u find my diary

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

im scarred

by your posts

He's breaking his hypocratic oath!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

wait what the day hadn't even started lmao

Talkin to the moon again, were we?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

derp posted:

i have a bad feeling about this rain and dark and whispering wind. i fear some strange things may happen that cause, say, all our day powers to be shuffled around.

so if you have a dayshot you better use it quick before the scum get it

Wow you are full of truth bombs, aintcha?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

He certainly knows more than I do.

But if say there's a town vigilante who might lose that extra kill to scum, then there's an argument for firing it off before that can happen.

Day 1 vig kills are not a good thing.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Flamander posted:

This is going to be a fun game, I can tell already. An unknown role that might be a dayvig, though? That's weird.

##vote 2 penny bottle imp

I don't know you???

Much like the Highlander, there can be only ONE no-av!

##vote Flamander

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

if I was a witch in real life, my first move would be legalizing cannabis

Legit question: are you saying youre a government witch right now?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I think the whole premise of this game is that the witches are, in fact, the government

Town government, which is pretty weaksauce as governments go, but still.

Ahhh I thought there was an implication of government corruption in the theme but read through all the flavour again, you are correct.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not following on the Kash thing. I don't see what Mags is seeing and I definitely don't see what TNL is agreeing with.

I agree with you RF. Not seeing this.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Gonna go ahead and ## unvote so no one misinterprets anything.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Drumming up votes before the deadline is what town players are supposed to do, it's how executions happen.

A second vote on someone one day from deadline is a far cry from an 11th hour vote.

I agree with this. "A joke vote a day before deadline" when basically all votes out at the time were jokevotes, is a pretty lame accusation.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

## vote RF Because I think he is scum doing a great impression of The Thinker.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I will vote to lynch a lurker if there's one people can get behind. Otherwise, my vote stays on RF. I just think he's being slightly scummy in the way he was trying to control the conversation.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

all of these people are not voting, why would you come in 30m from deadline to call out lurkers and non voters by wasting your vote on one

Agreed.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

##vote rf

Obviously nothing else is gonna happen here and I don't like the omgus they pulled on TNL.

And what changed between your last vote and now?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

oh hi tobbs ##vote yronic

Agreed. ## vote yronic. Yronic v scummy because of:

yronic heroism posted:

##vote rf

Obviously nothing else is gonna happen here and I don't like the omgus they pulled on TNL.

Right after this:

yronic heroism posted:

Agreed

##vote Saith

The Saith vote was an unassailable vote against a lurker, with zero chance of success. Once it was clear that yronic would have to get his scummy hands dirty for the lynch at hand, he changed.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed is a replacement, but it's not like he's gonna say anything that would contradict Saith's posts since Saith never posted, so it's hard to say yea or nay one way or another just yet. I'd like to check, though - I'm assuming that the claim of 'VT' means Veteran and not, like, Vermont or something? Because I don't know what Vermont would do in a Mafia game but I assume it involves maple trees.

VT = vanilla town.

quote:

got some chores tonight posted some song lyrics, was virtually silent throughout all of D1 except when he popped in to drop the hammer with less than a minute left, that's... sure, that's a thing. It's not a thing I'm particularly keen on, in all honesty.

Ya that looked pretty bad - either disinterested town or just straight scum.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

derp posted:

but seriously, there is some strange things going on in this game, i don't know what to believe. i was certain that there was someone with a gun but no one is shooting so i might have to rethink some things. also tnl is confirmed town, and philanderer is confirmed scum. if certain things are to be believed

If you got a message about a gun, perhaps it was RF, our friendly neighborhood Jack of All Trades?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

hoesntly i dont like chores. shows up last minute to hammer rf for his only post during d1, then his few posts at the beginning of d2 is mostly worthless with fifth post post implies that once again chores is going to post anymore because he hit the required number of posts

Ya that's worse than 100% lurking tbh.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

iven ever been more sure someone is scum than i right now because i am 9000% sure flamander is scum

Reasons?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I would take my vote off of yronic to reconsider the 2 main options forming right now, but he has been conspicuoualy absent since he had 2 votes on his head. Really feels like scum trying to be ignored out of suspicion.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Flamander posted:

Well, thanks for the votes.

It's been a fun game.

Any last thoughts on who you think is scummiest for pushing this bandwagon on you?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Flamander posted:

chores, probably???? He hasn't provided any reasoning and that makes me skeptical of his vote.

Would you mind unvoting yourself then? Because there's no deadline, so there's no need to rush this.

I mean if youre scum then just say so and I'll put you out of your misery.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Well, I mean, there is, it's in a bit under 6 hours as I type this

Oh poo poo, my b. I was looking at an old votefinder post before the new deadline was set, I guess.

Still, not great to vote yourself (unless you are scum in which case here have this rope).

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

derp posted:

because he's scum

I mean ya, that seems pretty likely, but not definate.

Honestly I think Flerp is scummy in the way he just added another vote and announced that Flamander was at -1, basically asking someone to hammer immediately.

I don't think it's pro-town to end discussion early like that without solid evidence.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Anyone feel like verifying this? I'm certainly willing to believe it but I'm going to have to bow before the knowledge of other people who've played Mafia with stickup, because while I enjoy the game and all I'm not looking to do homework. Anyway if it turns out to be 100% true and verifiable and trustworthy, the second part of this post can probably be disregarded:

I'm honestly not a huge fan of lengthy effortposts that are devoted to making a case about someone but spend half the time talking about the posting player's strategies and tendencies; they strike me as scummy (as much as I hate this term) virtue signalling.

I won't bother verifying because of the second bolding there; going game to game for meta arguments, to me, is weak. But I agree with a lot of stickup's post and it expresses more eloquently how I feel about Yronic. Again, I don't like how silent he went after he had 2 votes on him. The case against Flamander may be cleverly/conveniently timed.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

Not true. You yourself are quoting my responses. You are scummy as hell with your back to the wall though at this point I actually think 2 penny bottle imp may be more scummy for trying to bandwagon and pulling a "me-too" on your posts.

I have been voting you since beginning of day 2, after calling you out at the end of day 1. I had 2 other options to bandwagon nearing lynch numbers, so I don't think this argument holds any water.

I am, of course, completely objective about my own townitude.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Hello this flam vote is bad ##vote chores

Gut read on yronic?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Okay with 25 min to close of day 2, I will ## vote flamander because:

An yronic lynch aint happening;

With so much commentary this should be good info for day3;

I prefer him to stickup; and

I want to test the credibility of some claimed sources.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

anyway my biggest scum read was kashuno today but i guess that was off (unless theres more death millers in this game)

"More" death millers? Who did I miss that was the first?

Are you slipping scum knowledge that a flip we've already seen has been false?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I had a boring night 0 action.

Mr F! you need to reveal your N0 and N1 follows. I dont believe you at the moment.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

quote:

Did anyone happen to watch me last night?

If you're the watcher then why did you make this post???

That's not great. I really don't get this play at all, except as foegetfulness (and if your role really were watcher, wouldn't you remember?)

Frankly either Mr F or Derp is scum, and I tend to believe Derp.

I gotta vote my gut:

##vote Mr F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

## unvote

flerp posted:

like it matters im gonna loving shoot derp in the face if you idiots lynch mr. f

Explain.

• Locked thread