Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

1. 2 penny bottle imp
  2. derp
  3. DivineCoffeeBinge
  4. Flamander
  5. flerp
  6. got some chores tonight
  7. Kashuno
  8. Retro Futurist
  9. Mr. F!
  10. The Ninth Layer
  11. this is a stickup
  12. Tobbs Gnawed
  13. yronic heroism

The Deadly Departed
Retro Futurist, Hope Abernathy, Lychford Jack of All Trades was run out of town day one!
Flamander, Prince Orlaith of the Winter Court Disguised as a Boring Human, Monster Jailor was executed day two!
Tobbs Gnawed, Precious Brown, Lychford Vanilla was consumed in fire night two!
Kashuno, Marnie Macintosh, Lychford Echo Cop left town night two!

Shaunda Moss rubbed at her temples as the rest of the council tittered. This had been the third town hall meeting to discuss the construction of the new Tesco and somehow it had been uglier than the last two. One on hand, you had those who wanted the convenience and opportunity afforded by the new flagship store. On the other hand, there were those who couldn’t stomach all that would have to be destroyed to accommodate such a venture, or else were rightfully worried they’d be put out of business. On either side, there could be no compromise.

Shaunda put a hand up to call the rest of the council to order, thankfully they obliged without her having to raise her voice. “Alright then, once more I suppose before we adjourn, time for the ‘secret ballots.’" It was a joke, they’d taken a secret poll after each town hall previous and the result both times had been a unanimous ‘no’ to the new Tesco. ‘Better just to stay out of it,’ they had all agreed. Lychford was a sleepy town, there was no sense in trying to wake it up.

After the voting hat had been passed around, Shaunda gave it a playful shake and then dumped its contents onto the table. “And there we have it folks, another unanimous…”

On the table, mixed in with the majority of ‘no’ votes, were a handful of ‘yes’ votes. Shaunda licked her lips nervously and looked around the table. No one was saying anything.This couldn’t be. The vote was still ages away, but the results of a ‘yes’ vote could be so spectacularly dangerous that Shaunda was forced to consider them for the first time.

Long after everyone else had left, Shaunda was pouring over the construction plans Tesco’s representative had provided them. ‘Sweet Mary Mother and Joseph,’ she whispered. They’d be tearing right through the five-spoked point at town center, the very foundation of the barrier. Without that in place… Shaunda thought about the ghastly thing she’d seen along the north edge of town last week. The barrier was getting weaker every year, the ghouls and ghasts and other strange beasts that lurked about the woods would have no problem tearing through it once its support was removed. Only the handful of the Sighted and Witchblessed would even be able to see it as it happened. Shaunda moved to grab her mobile with shaking hands, as the lights in the council chamber flickered and then went out altogether.

This is a Mafia game for thirteen players. It is not a standard setup, I am using an undisclosed variant. That said, it is still Mafia and you are still hunting scum.

rules
1. no krells. sorry krell.
2. be cool. it's okay if you egg someone on to make them lose their cool like a dingus but don't make it personal. no slurs etc.
3. post if you sign up. i'll do the 'free execution' lurker rules if it's a problem.
4. don't edit your posts. ninja edits are fine because i can't stop you. it's an instant modkill otherwise.
5. don't talk after you are dead at all please. you will be sent a link to an observer doc if you want to talk about the game after you have passed on.
6. don't post after the hammer.
7. chase flavor arguments at your own risk. i am not consistent at all and it is a bad idea.
8. no replacements after d2.
9. don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. if you have oot communication with another player that rule still applies.
10. don't fake day actions.

signups
1. derp
2. gsct
3. flerp
4. this is a stickup
5. Kashuno
6. Mr F
7. DivineCoffeeBinge
8. 2 penny bottle imp
9. yronic heroism
10. Retro Futurist
11. Flamander
12. Saith
13. tnl

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I have not played Mafia in some time and I seem to recall not being especially good at it so naturally this seems like a great game for me to jump right into, sign me up please

welcome! no one is actually good at mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

hey just four more and we can kick this pig.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

aw come on guys this is depressing

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

there is... a small non-game issue here that needs to be addressed real quick, but otherwise the game will start tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

okay so first-come first served, tnl is in and tobbs is first replacement(suck it hal). we will definitely need one so i am sure you will get to play tobbs.

i wrote all the roles, they are seventeen pages long. i'm rolling roles now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

hello friends.

we will begin with a short night zero. it starts now and ends sometime around the point where i wake up or get bored. i will not count votes in this time period but please feel free to begin discussion. in all likelihood, deadline will be monday evening.

a couple points i want to clear up so that no one tries any role comparison shenanigans. you are all 'influences' within the mystical scene of lychford, but very few if any are town council members.

a standard vanilla flip looks like

You are Georgia Binnes, Lychford Vanilla!

You have no extraordinary abilities other than your love of ghosts and eggs. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

If you are town and I said your alignment is anything other than 'Lychford,' I hosed up. Sorry!

i'm hugely inconsistent in terms of flavor so if you try to make flavour arguments you might make a bad mistake sorry!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

It was raining heavily the day it all began, but people went about their business all the same. In the same manner, those who had sensed trouble brewing behind the scenes began to make their plays, and those who intended to cause more trouble began their work in earnest. A current of something unfamiliar ran among the town halls, parent-teacher conferences, and neighborhood watch groups; fear. Those with a bit of sensitivity felt a great sense of unease, although they could not tell you why.

Day One Begins!

Not Voting (13): 2 penny bottle imp, derp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, flerp, got some chores tonight, Kashuno, Mr. F!, Retro Futurist, Saith, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 04th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

https://forums.somethingawful.com/m...hreadid=3831800

most of you are above 5 posts itt, but if you are not, you should get there so that you are not freely lynchable day two.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

going by timestamps that does actually count, huh.

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (7): The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. F!, flerp, this is a stickup, yronic heroism, got some chores tonight
The Ninth Layer (2): Retro Futurist, Kashuno
DivineCoffeeBinge (1): derp
Saith (0): yronic heroism, yronic heroism
2 penny bottle imp (0): Flamander, Flamander
derp (0): The Ninth Layer, yronic heroism, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer
this is a stickup (0): Kashuno, yronic heroism, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Kashuno, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, yronic heroism
Mr. F! (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
got some chores tonight (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Flamander (0): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
Kashuno (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Mr. F!

Not Voting (3): DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, Saith

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 04th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

you can post for the 5min it'll take me to write up some flavor.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Throughout the month, Hope Abernathy was the subject of many nasty rumors. Although the unassuming owner of 'The Village Witch - Magic Supplies for the Modern Era' had seemed harmless enough before, some said she was taking payoffs from Tesco. Civil discourse was one thing, bribes quite another. Of course, with a new shopping centre located within walking distance of her own store, which would be miraculously unaffected by the coming development, she stood to make quite a bit more.

Customers stopped coming, and soon Hope stopped leaving the house at all for fear of dirty looks. One day, there was a simple paper sign on the door that said 'Moved to Framlingham - Closed Indefinitely.' After she'd left, people commented that it was 'such a shame' and that they 'quite liked having a bit of local flavour.' Those with senses not common to the waking world realized perhaps a little too late that whatever arcane secrets she possessed were no longer available to them.

Retro Futurist, Hope Abernathy, Lychford Jack of All Trades was run out of town day one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQsGiiPVFo
And hes oh, so good,
And hes oh, so fine,
And hes oh, so healthy,
In his body and his mind.
Hes a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively.

saith has not met the minimum posting requirements and is a free dunk day two. a majority vote is required to execute, but their execution will not end the day and their flip will be revealed at the end of the regular game day.

twenty four hours for night actions.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 8, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

hullo we're close to game time and i'm missing some actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

As a new week began, the rain still would not let up. Everyone was holding their breath, waiting for more bad news.

None came.

No one died night two!

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): 2 penny bottle imp, derp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, flerp, got some chores tonight, Kashuno, Mr. F!, Saith, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

tobbs gnawed replaces Saith

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (4): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight

Not Voting (8): 2 penny bottle imp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, yronic heroism

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah I am free lunch.

Confirming this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

derp posted:

i am shocked SHOCKED at who was sitting around waiting for a nolynch, then calling out the hero who prevented it

what a loving twat you are dcb

dial it back a notch, we're here to Have Fun.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Votecount for Day 2

Flamander (7): The Ninth Layer, derp, got some chores tonight, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, flerp, Flamander, 2 penny bottle imp, yronic heroism
this is a stickup (3): yronic heroism, Mr. F!, Tobbs Gnawed, Flamander, Flamander, Flamander, yronic heroism
yronic heroism (1): this is a stickup, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
got some chores tonight (1): flerp, DivineCoffeeBinge, DivineCoffeeBinge, flerp, Kashuno
Tobbs Gnawed (0): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, flerp, derp, got some chores tonight, Kashuno
The Ninth Layer (0): Tobbs Gnawed, DivineCoffeeBinge, DivineCoffeeBinge, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

A neighborhood welcoming commission finds its way to the home of one of their newest members. It's strange, none of them can remember him moving in, but with his recent involvement in the town hall discussions, it only seemed right. However, knocking at the door with a peach cobbler, there was no response. The door swung open just a bit, and out of concern they stepped through. The place was clean and empty. There was no sign of life, other than a single sprig of holly in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Flamander, Prince Orlaith of the Winter Court Disguised as a Boring Human, Monster Jailor was executed day two!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhB6Lb7_kN8

Daydream
I fell asleep amid the flowers
For a couple of hours
On a beautiful day

night actions

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 8, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

By the time the fire service arrives, it's already far too late. The rain keeps the blaze from spreading, but it started in the middle of the night without warning, leaving no time for Lychford's beloved educator and practitioner of the unseen arts to escape. The cause was determined to be a gas leak, but the members of Lychford's loose coven cannot help but find it strange that such a mundane means could be the death of a powerful witch.

Tobbs Gnawed, Precious Brown, Lychford Vanilla was consumed in fire night two!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKik6XwzUk4

But I wish I didn't have to grow up so fast
Still feel like such a kid
Monsters in the closet, they know who I am
they know who I am
they know who I am

Absent from the mourning is Marnie Macintosh. Some said the grief from losing another person was too much for her. Although it seemed gauche to mention, there was another theory put forward by those who didn't care for social niceties, she was paid off. Who exactly would bribe someone like Marnie Macintosh was a mystery, but those who kept in touch couldn't help but notice that her new home was much nicer than a clerk's salary would warrant. Good for her, but she left in such a rush that she did not see fit to share anything she had seen in her scrying cauldron. She didn't seem to be in any hurry to return their calls either.

Kashuno, Marnie Macintosh, Lychford Echo Cop left town night two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTghDACmgM

You raise your glass and may exclaim
"I'll put my hands on the truth by God"
But it's faster, love, than you and me
Faster than the speed of gravity
That's how it catches you from falling
And how it always, always, always slips away.

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): 2 penny bottle imp, derp, DivineCoffeeBinge, flerp, got some chores tonight, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 days, 8 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Votecount for Day 3

Mr. F! (5): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, derp, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup
derp (3): Mr. F!, flerp, DivineCoffeeBinge
yronic heroism (1): this is a stickup, 2 penny bottle imp, this is a stickup

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

An unseasonable chill sweeps through the town, as if in retribution for Lychford turning away a Prince of the Winter Court. What discussion is had that week takes place in pubs, coffee shops, and by the fireside, and the talk grows as heated as any flame.

A recluse, even among witches, Mildred is rarely seen outside her home, even as the accusations against her grow. Her old bones simply can't take the dreadful chill. As one by one her coven rejects her, she is left with little choice. Before the week is out, there is a small 'for sale' sign on her lawn, as she leaves Lychford for parts unknown. The house never sells, but those who look through the window sometimes swear that they can see a single eye rotating endlessly upon the windowsill.

Mr. F!, Mildred Huggins, Lychford Watcher was run out of town day three!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoXBmlWMIVg
Keep looking, keep looking for somewhere to be,
Well, you're wasting your time, they not stupid like he is.
Meanwhile leaves are still falling, you're too blind to see.

actions please! 24 hours at the most, but sooner is better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

The news runs through Lychford like a live current. The lead Tesco spokesperson was found dead by the side of the road. Quickly though, shock turned to outrage as even a casual examination of his documents revealed a huge numbers of bribes made to local government officials, council members, and influential parties in the Lychford area. So great was the outcry that the fact that he was found fully exsanguinated was hardly mentioned.

derp, Yusef Jordan, Tesco Godfather was found drained of blood night three!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EgtZuhhiyI
No one understands
No one knows my plan
Why the dancing, shouting
Why the shrieks of pain
The lovely music
Why the smell of burning autumn leaves

Across town, a man wakes up for the first time in months. He looks around his empty home, coming to slowly realize that his dreams were true. His wife was gone, many months now. She had seemed so real in his dreams, he could remember her touch as if it were still on him. And the cat... no, he'd never had a cat, had he? Then why did he remember one?

Hitting him all at once, it's too much. He doesn't even bother locking the front door, Jerry simply gets in the lorry and drives. He drives very far, and we do not see him again. The cat did exist though, and we can only presume it grew to haunt Jerry's dreams, if Jerry could dream at all anymore. For now though, the cat-thing scratched and howled at a rune-bound lockbox at the bottom of Lake Lychford.

flerp, The Cat That’s Actually a Monster Mind Controlling Jerry Gargis The Councilmember, Monster-Aligned Ninja relocated out of Lychford night three!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntot9LAY08
And who by brave assent, who by accident,
Who in solitude, who in this mirror,
Who by his lady's command, who by his own hand,
Who in mortal chains, who in power,
And who shall I say is calling?

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): 2 penny bottle imp, DivineCoffeeBinge, got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 13th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

oh hey, that just barely counts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

No one could seem to remember where James came from, but although he'd been in Lychford for decades, few could say much about him. He kept to himself mostly, although if you kept your eye out you'd see him making his rounds of Lychford almost each and every single day. Although he had lost his sight, he never seemed to have any trouble finding his way around, like each cobblestone and doorway was the back of his hand. Emboldened by the arcane skirmishes the week previous, the few who knew Lychford's secrets went to meet him as he returned from the north side of town one foggy morning. Sensing them congregated there, he shook his head sadly and turned away from Lychford, walking out into the mist before they could say a word. As he crossed out of sight, he stuck his gnarled walking stick into the mud and let it stand there.

DivineCoffeeBinge, James Cartwright, Lychford Bulletproof Bodyguard was executed day four!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPVDJ6FqD4

and the rain came down liike water from a faucet
i saw him at the crossroads, but i never saw him cross it,
one minute he was on this side,
and the next he was be over on the other.
so went his rounds, one sad patient after another.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Unless you knew who he was, you never would have missed Reggie when he left. He lived on the outskirts of town, on a farm that more bordered Louth. When the town of Lychford awoke that morning though, there were ravens covering the town square. 'CAW CAW CAW' echoed through the town, regardless of the time of day. Were they mourning, or was this something else?

A warning?

2 penny bottle imp, Reggie Mattu, Lychford Set Mason vanished on night four!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPl6-dbIkiU

Well he cursed all the roads and the oil men,
And he cursed the automobile,
Said this is no place for an hombre like I am,
In this new world of asphalt and steel.

Then he'd look off some place in the distance,
At something only he could see,
He'd say all that's left now of the old days,
Those damned old coyotes and me.

day five begins now

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (4): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2017 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 4 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

i'ma just go ahead and end today here. send me actions, thread will go up sometime tomorrow with no deadline.

day 5 ends with no execution.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Just days from the final vote, and Terri Westman was nowhere to be found. Townsfolk came calling, only to find a very nice American family that had just moved here. Somehow seemingly overnight, she had sold her home and moved away. Doing anything with speed wasn’t unlike Terri, since her husband passed she rarely thought twice about doing as she pleased. Still though, she was a straight shooter, it was unlike her to up and leave. She’d felt strongly against any new business development in the town, for political reasons as well as arcane.

Was she scared of something?

The rest of her coven were, certainly, and none came visiting after she left. Without her protective aura, they could sense the thing she’d buried under the front porch. Those who passed too close got headaches and later could see it in their dreams, the ziplocked bag full of inky blackness and horror. They would forever think less of her, unsure as to how she came to be in possession of such an weapon.

The way things were going, the nightmare under her porch would be the least of their worries.

this is a stickup, Terri Westman, Lychford Vengeful Vigilante left in a hurry night five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5dt_8xXgqo

Take a little walk to the edge of town
And go across the tracks
Where the viaduct looms
Like a bird of doom
As it shifts and cracks
Where secrets lie in the border fires
In the humming wires
Hey man, you know
You're never coming back

And then there were three. No deadline unless I need to set one. Please feel free to take your time with this.

Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, yronic heroism

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 16, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

okay so this game does actually need to wrap up at some point. setting a wednesday evening deadline. message me if that doesn't work for you, but i leave town friday morning and i want this one in the books by then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

The two of them walked through the woods together. It was spring now and raining again, but neither minded much. Chester ran through the gathering pools of water with no trace of the limp he’d carried for months. Maria smiled from beneath her umbrella.

They reached the northmost boundary at last. She could see it now, and Chester stopped to inspect it. He gave it a sniff and seemed satisfied. The Vicar took stock of her handiwork and was satisfied as well. She was new to this world, but the improvements seemed to be holding.

The rain picked up and Chester growled. There was something right outside the barrier now, Vicar could see a creature of shadow with pale yellow eyes step forward only feet from her position on the inside the barrier. She stared back at it, unblinking. It pressed a hand to the wall of pale blue light that protected her, and hissed in rage as its hand burned away from a single touch. It vanished, and the rain dropped to a gentle patter.

They’d been given a second chance. It had not been easy to convince the council, but with the opposition out of the way they’d managed. Life went on in Lychford, some of those who left found their way back, others did not. But, now the duties that had been neglected for decades were taken up again. The coven became a coalition, a growing group that began to learn the ancient ways. They met once a week, and in the early morning or right at twilight, sometimes you would see them out by the edges of Lychford. You would know them by their Cloaks.

Several Months Before

There was a knock at the door of Deirdre’s room at the EasyHotel. “Finally,” she muttered, “new recruits.” It had been a hard road without Yusef, as insufferable as he’d been, but the vote was just hours away. If they could secure this moment, she could begin her great working and complete the design.

She opened the door and a woman in a clergy uniform was there. She blinked “The Vicaress?”

Maria pulled a cricket bat from behind her back. “Actually, you can just say Vicar.” She swung the bat and caught Deirdre in the stomach.

Deirdre fell back, fighting for breath. Vicar Maria stepped towards her, hefting the bat. “Normally, the church frowns upon violence, but I think we can make an exception in your case.” Deirdre grabbed a piece of chalk that had rolled underneath the desk in her room and began to trace patterns into the thin hotel carpet. As Maria stepped forward to deliver another blow, Deirdre rolled away to reveal her working. Maria stopped. The shape was horrible. It was just a series of concentric squares arrayed in a spiral pattern, but it was somehow wrong. The bat dropped to the floor. Maria couldn’t take her eyes off the shape, much less move. Deirdre began to stand up.

Maria was knocked to the floor as Chester came bounding in behind her. He barked and something changed, the mark in the floor turned red, then vanished. Deirdre had managed to work her way back near the front door and was in the middle of another drawing when Chester turned to her and began to grow҉l. ̕S͜h͘e̛ st͘o͞pp͡e҉d̛, t͞h͜e ̧c͢hal͏k̕ tr̵e͏mb͜li͟n͞g in͏ h̕er h̀a̴n̨d.̛ As͞ ̨Ma͞r̀ia͜ g͘r̸ab͏bed th҉e͠ ̧bat ̨and̵ t̵urn̸e͞d to ͢façe͏ ͝her̀, sh̨e̡ ̛s̵tóǫd c͏o̧mpļete҉l̵y s͜ti҉ļl͟ a̶s̛ ҉thęy s͡ţa͡red̀ at͠ ̶e̛ach ͡o̵t҉her͢,͢ ͢C̶he̵ster’̧s͏ ̵g̵row̨l̕ ͢h͏umḿing įn ͠t҉he̛ ba̕c̴k̨g̴ŕou̡nd̡.̵ De͠ird̸r҉e҉ ͝b͏r̀o͢ķe҉ fi̵rst́.́

The̸ ҉̢t͏w͠͞ò ̧҉̕ù͡ń͟l̷͏í͏k̀͞ę͡ļ̧y͟͟͠ ć̸̀óm̴̛p̷̷̛an̢i̡ons̸͟ ͞ş͘͘t̶́ood͟͡ ͡͠o͞͝n̢ ̸̀͞t͞҉h͘͟e͞͏ ̷̶b̷̨͘a̶̧l͘͘c͟o͞n̛̕͡y͘͞͞, ̸͟ẃ҉̴a̕͠t̕͜c͜h̡̛͜ing͘ ͟a͟ş͝ Dè͝i͠r͝d͘͠re҉́̕ ̶́s̸͠p͡éd̢͘ ͜a̴̵ẁ̴͟a̵̶̡ý ̷́̀i̸͞n͟t͘͡ò̴ ̛͘t͝h̴́e͟ ͟͟͞f̴a̴̴͡l͜͟͜lin̡̛g͢ ̸s҉҉̵n͜o̶͞w.̷͞ ́͟T̕͜h̷̡ę̶͟ ̕͘V͡į̀ça̴r̕ ͝s͟͜i҉g̷h͜͜ed̴͏ ̴̢a̸̧n͘͞d́͞ ̡͜͟s͜e͏̢t ͢ḩ͞e͡͏͞r ͜b̨at̀͢͠ ̡̕͜d̴͢ǫ҉͞w̡͢n̨.͜ ̢͠҉“̵G͏̶̢ǫ͢͠o͟d͘ ̢̛̕b̶̛o̷͝y̢,͏́”͘ ͘͜҉s҉he̕͟ ̛҉̨s͡a͞͏i̴͢d̀͜,̵͢͜ ̨a͠n͞͡d s̨͘c͏r͏̶a̴̢t͜҉͜c̷h̀̀e̢̕d͟͠ ̴҉C̷̕h̀e͏̷s̷͘t͞er ̨͜͝b́e͘h̵̛ì̷n͘͞d̛ ̶hi̷͢s̢̛͠ ̶̛e͘͜y̧͝e̡͠s̴͞.̶҉ ͜͜͞T͡h̕͢e̛ ̛͟d̸o̶g̸̷͢ ̷̶g̨a͝v̨̢̛ȩ͟ ͞a͏̸̵ ͏b̵̨̕a̸͝r͞͝k̢̛ ͏͢ó̵f́ ͟s͢a̸t҉̴i͡͡s̸̀͘f̶̛a̕҉̵cti̛͠ó̷n̵ ̀͢t̶̨͡h̷̴͟a̛͠t́͞ s҉͟e̵n̢̢t ̸̕h̡͢͡e͞͏ŕ ̸̨e̸͟y̡e͜s҉ ̢̧͟r̶͠i͟͞n͢gi̡̕n̷͟g ̡aga͝iņ,͞ ͟͞b҉u̴t̛̕ ̷M҉̸ą̷ri͜͡ą̵ ̀ẁ̶á҉҉s̢̕͝ s̕t̷͞il̨ļ̴͏ ̷͡s̨m̡i̧l̢i̕ņ̨g̸ ҉́s͟͞͏m̡͠í́͘ļi͏͞n͡g̸ ̨s̸m̨͜i̸ ̀l͢ ͏҉į͠ ̵n̴͝ ͏̡͏n͏͢ ̧͝ņ̢͜ ͏͢n͘ ̀̀g.̛

wait, hold on, darn mafia machine broke again. let me reboot real quick.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

The Ninth Layer, Chester the Dog, Lychford Vanilla was put down say six!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mld...1062F6&index=17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoTI-Ws18A <----- MANDATORY CLICK

TESCO! It’s here, now! Have you ever wanted to buy groceries, but didn’t know how? Tesco is here to help. Tesco is your neighbor, your mechanic, your pharmacist, your cousin, your son, your wife, you haven’t seen her in so long yet here she is as lovely as that last day on the bridge. Tesco!

Here at Tesco, we believe every little bit helps. What we don’t say is that the big bits help too, sometimes even more. That’s why Tesco believes in giving you the Tesco Rewards Card. Carry it with you everywhere! Put it in your mouth while you sleep, you never know when you’ll need to spring into great deals. Hold it in the air and say ‘TESCO TESCO TESCO!’ That way everyone knows you’re enjoying the benefits of Tesco rewards! Tesco!

Tesco. We do pig stuff too. Tesco!

Ever have trouble figuring out how to get the trash out of your house, you dumb gently caress? Guess what? We have a guy named Greg and he’ll come to your house to take your trash! No more stuffing rotting meat into the cabinets, Greg is your one-stop trash solution. Call us anytime, day or night, and Greg will be there to take your trash. No wait, Greg’s already there? Greg! Tesco!

Do you ever feel… not very Tesco? It happens to all of us, sad to say. Luckily, we have the answer to this byzantine riddle of nightmares: Tesco Extra. For those of us who look at Tesco and say ‘Uh, yeah, I’ll take a little more of that please and thank you.’

Hey, do you ‘get it’? Because if you do, Tesco Extra might be right for you.That’s why we’ve opened up enrollment to everyone, because we believe that if you get it, we’ve got you. With Tesco Extra, we’ve got your back because we’re always right behind you. Kids can join too. Tesco!

Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have a membership and I’m not sure if I want one, is it expensive?
In some senses, yes! In other senses, membership is compulsory and completely free!
I notice more screaming than before at night.
Not actually a question, but we all make mistakes. Yes! That is normal.
I want to work at Tesco, is it safer inside there?
Absolutely! Employee safety is a priority at Tesco. We guarantee that any outside threats will not be able to penetrate our perimeter! We’re still figuring out the inside threats, but we’re like halfway there. Give it a month. Tesco!
Can I please not shop at Tesco?
You can leave this town but you can never leave this town. You can leave this town but you can never leave this town.
Did the Scum win?
Yeah buddy, you know it.

A cold and bitter wind chilled Lychford, as Winter had come early. Otherwise, most were none the wiser. It did seem a bit of bad luck had come by, but these things happened. Car accidents, heart attacks, a missing child. Tragedies, surely, but merely the misplaced affections of fate. There was nothing that you could ascribe to a higher, or lower power. The unseen world, was a different story.

The construction of the new grocery store cut through the very heart of Lychford’s defenses, the ancient stonework laid centuries ago when the seen and unseen world were close relatives. The people then knew the stories and the ways, and they passed down their knowledge casually, never once guessing that someday their workings would be entrusted to a handful of the enlightened few.

Never once did they guess the protections would fail.

It swept through the town in a wave at first, all the beasts and foul things of the hidden world come at last to prey on those who could see them. Within a week, there was no one touched by the sight left in Lychford. Then it was an easy enough thing to prey on the rest of the town at their leisure.

yronic heroism, Vicar Maria, Lychford Vanilla was eaten by the beasts of the endless field!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEMYvpoR-k
You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken hallelujah

got some chores tonight, Deirdre Commons, Tesco Rolecop has achieved a SCUM victory for himself and derp!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmCSnqOo_I

He's making hexagons
He's making perfect squares
He's making triangles
He's making cylinders
And in the junk yard
Above the robot screams
They give him orders
Like Rabbits from his dreams
They're laying eggs now
And Hatching fever spells
He eats them slowly
His blood is thinner now

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 19, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

hot drat guys what a loving banger.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing Night Actions

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...dit?usp=sharing Setup Draft and Complete Role Flavor(there is a decent amount)

So what was the deal with this game?

As disclosed, it was a Mafia variant. As undisclosed, it was Fire & Ice. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Fire_and_Ice

A couple changes were made. The first time scum both successively targeted each other with the faction kill, both kills would fail. This happened night one, which was crazy.

I ran this because I was thinking back to Little Mac’s ‘The League II’ and how much fun it was as scum, to hunt down the other scum team. I think the Fire & Ice rules helped to an extent, but it’s hard to examine the success or failure of the setup given how buckwild things went down.

I thought both scum teams played well, but hyper aggressively. It’s probably confirmation bias at work, but I thought flerp/flam and derp/chores were playing very very close together in a way that’d be immediately apparent. There were several decisions from both town and scum that I was definitely not expecting over the course of the game.

I have, I think, just two takeaways from this game.

Fire & Ice works better if you don’t tell everyone it’s that.
Fire & Ice works better with a bigger game, maybe?

As for the rest of the setup, you can see there was nothing too buckwild. Honestly losing Retro D1 was kind of a huge hit. Not to encourage the dirty d1 no-lynchers, but that sucked. Personally I thought everyone played really well! Town caught a huge break with all the scum on scum murder but in the end CHORES FROM DOWNTOWN!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Great flavour by the way.

thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Mr. F! posted: