Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flamander
May 4, 2009
Yeah sure, I'll get in on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Confirming!

Flamander
May 4, 2009
This is going to be a fun game, I can tell already. An unknown role that might be a dayvig, though? That's weird.

##vote 2 penny bottle imp

I don't know you???

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Jokevotes vs no votes as a measure of scumminess is a useless debate imo; because you're using meaningless criteria to define whether a person is scum or town D1, when a lot of people either jokevote or don't vote early on.

##unvote

Flamander
May 4, 2009

derp posted:

i dont know but its loving stupid. stop sitting around calculating reasons why you shouldn't play mafia and loving play mafia its why you signed up right

yeah, I guess. D1 is like shitposting central though from my experience, so basically:

flerp posted:

mafia is just an excuse to shitpost

Flamander
May 4, 2009

flerp posted:

yeah i do agree, there should be a lynch d1, but honestly, i have no clue what's going on w/r/t to this game. all of the cases i have seen feel like joke cases so its felt like we're in a weird limbo state between joke and serious phase.

also there's like 3 or 4 posters who are lurking extremely hard and havent posted once this entire long rear end day which is making me v mad.

why?

I assume it's in response to stickup's vote for him, but I dunno.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

Flamander's last post of day 1. The votecount at the time was pretty much everyone at 2, Flamander isn't voting anybody and ends the day without a vote. Could be scum who didn't want to make the vote that "put anyone over." No visible interest in who might get voted or who might be scum.

##vote Flamander

I try to have a good reason behind my votes, and I didn't like any of the big pushes going on at the time. Does that make me scummy, or is it just me not playing mafia particularly well? :colbert:

Flamander
May 4, 2009

flerp posted:

hoesntly i dont like chores. shows up last minute to hammer rf for his only post during d1, then his few posts at the beginning of d2 is mostly worthless with fifth post post implies that once again chores is going to post anymore because he hit the required number of posts

I was thinking the same thing. He's posted in bursts early D1, and so far he's done the same early D2. As you said, it looks like he's trying to get the needed amount of posts for the game out. It's not voteworthy, because for all I know chores could post more later on in D2, but it looks suspicious.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

hmm, I have some thoughts on these matters

last time I called opop out for not voting, I was the serial killer. perhaps tnl is a serial killer! I went back through some old games to see if I had caught opop, and saw that him not voting isn't a consistent scum tell. but I was right, opop was scum!

what I'm saying is, we should kill both

this is a stickup posted:

let's kill one of the people actively pushing for a no lynch that would starve this game starved of information of information

stickup was constantly suggesting people to get pushed D1. IMO, that sort of attitude is sort of hard to guess at - either it's scum trying to delay the votes till D1 ends or he's trying to get as many people to show their opinion as possible, which is alignment-neutral, I'd say. Depends on the intention. Anyways, given RF's flip, I'm gonna vote him.

##vote stickup

Flamander
May 4, 2009

got some chores tonight posted:

iven ever been more sure someone is scum than i right now because i am 9000% sure flamander is scum

yeah, that's usually how my games go.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

You've expressed suspicion of more than one person today so you are already doing way better than him.

To put things into perspective, if you ignore the 2 posts Flamander made to sign up and confirm his PM, he's got as many posts as the vote counting robot.

I was suspicious of chores earlier?

chores + stickup = 2 people.

Does suspecting someone of being scum means that you have to vote for them, or something? Because I've played a few games now and I've never heard of this new rule.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
also, because i'm gonna get lynched anyways

##vote Flamander

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Well, thanks for the votes.

It's been a fun game.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Any last thoughts on who you think is scummiest for pushing this bandwagon on you?

chores, probably???? He hasn't provided any reasoning and that makes me skeptical of his vote.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Would you mind unvoting yourself then? Because there's no deadline, so there's no need to rush this.

I mean if youre scum then just say so and I'll put you out of your misery.

Alright. I'll unvote.

##unvote

Flamander
May 4, 2009
##vote stickup

Going back to my older vote for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Read Flamander and this is really all that stuck out. Holding off on voting someone just in case they post later is really weird. We'll, there was this earlier.

Nervously defending a jokevote also seems odd. Self-voting is never a good idea, and although momentum built up quickly, there wasn't so much indignance as instant defeatism. Also weird to self-vote before claiming. Even if it's a VT claim, why put yourself at -1 without saying anything?

The holding off on the chores vote was because I wanted to give him a chance to post. If he didn't, then yeah; I would have voted him if there was no one scummier.

The selfvote is because I've been lynched early on the past few games I was in, mainly because I try not to vote without a reason (and also because I'm not a very good jokeposter); so I figured that if the same thing's happening for, like, the 5th game in a row; I should vote for myself. Make D2 go a bit faster and then you dudes can actually get some flips on D3. Though, it sounds like an bad idea, now that I've said it. :shobon:

• Locked thread