Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

this is a stickup posted:

in a state where we are choosing between you and derp, yes, I believe derp wins here. even in a role vacuum.

But don't base your vote preference on who has the more powerful role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Why not? Consider the scenario matrix:

If we lynch you first:
-And you are scum: 1 scum lynched, no power roles lost.
-And you are not scum: 1 scum lynched, 1 town watcher lost.

If we lynch Derp first:
-And you are scum: 1 scum lynched, 1 doctor lost.
-And you are not scum: 1 scum lynched, no power roles lost.

To minimize risk, we should clearly lynch you first. Except that i really do believe a framer role is possible. And frankly I think Stickup is purposefully avoiding proper analysis by redirecting to SK talk out of nowhere.

Why not? Consider the scenario matrix:

If we lynch you first:
-And you are scum: 1 scum lynched, no power roles lost.
-And you are not scum: 1 scum lynched, 1 town watcher lost.

If we lynch Derp first:
-And you are scum: 1 scum lynched, 1 doctor lost.
-And you are not scum: 1 scum lynched, no power roles lost.

To minimize risk, we should clearly lynch you first. Except that i really do believe a framer role is possible. And frankly I think Stickup is purposefully avoiding proper analysis by redirecting to SK talk out of nowhere.

So do you believe I'm lying scum or not?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

derp posted:

He made up a lame claim to get me killed cause pressure was on. I have been 100% honest this game. I am a doc and ive protected myself every night, just like i said. it stopped the kill one night. I got a message n1 that said flamander was scum and tnl town. I told the thread. And it turned out true for flam. Im also mason with another player who can attest to my truthfulness if they choose to. He is making up lies to sow confusion. Hes scum.

How do you know you stopped the kill N1?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

You are scummy as hell. It's natural to assume he stopped the nightkill.

This long D3 had me doubting my vote, but the bottom line is you are scummy as all hell and didn't vote for flam, derp has some question marks and did vote flam.

Please highlight scummy posts I've made.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

On reflection this puts Mr F in a better light. Him being scum only jives in a 3 scum game, or else his sacrifice is worthless.

Anyone want to comment on whether 2 or 3 scum seems more likely?

What evidence do we have of an SK?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

This is scummy or just dumb.

Howso? Doctors are, typically, not told if their protection actually stops a kill or not, just that the action happened or didnt.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

There was no N1 kill, duh.

And that means that a doctor stopped the kill how?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

P sure that's what doctors do.

Also if you were town at a soft -1 I think you'd be telling us who you think is derp's scumbuddy and why.

So you think theres no other town role that could stop a kill?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

I mean DCB could have also stopped the kill, but otherwise there's not a clear way the kill was stopped.

We haven't full claimed, so yeah we dont know what the roles in the game are.

you ignored my question before, why was that?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

I've sorta been busy with my sister's wedding.

Thats not an answer.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Just to remind everyone whats happening in this game:

I watched Kashuno N1, and was jailed, so got no results.

I watched Kashuno N2, and I saw derp visit Kashuno. This was a positive result, there was no one else who visited kashuno.

derp claims he protected himself, which is in contradiction to my result.

I posit derp is fakeclaiming doctor as scum in an effort to root out the town doctor, who would counter claim him.

I do not believe there is a town doctor in this game.

derp is scum, and he killed kashuno.

We should lynch derp today, not me.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I believe either derp or myself is the best candidate for the lynch today. We should take care of this issue now, rather than letting it linger.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

Did you make any claim that early that would result in you being jailed?

Derp has a good reason for being targeted and visiting himself with the early claim.

Yes I made a post D1 that said "don't target me"

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

I'm BP so don't target me

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No it wasn't that was my first post after confirming iirc

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

derp posted:

i have a bad feeling about this rain and dark and whispering wind. i fear some strange things may happen that cause, say, all our day powers to be shuffled around.

so if you have a dayshot you better use it quick before the scum get it

In fact, p much the only person talking about a vig day 1 was you, who was arguing someone should use it as soon as possible on day 1.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

Are we really drawing this one out to the last minute as well?

Looks like it. We have a lot of v quiet players

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Don't forget tnl was cagey in response to my question of if he thought I was lying about my claim and, in fact, never answered that question

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quickly flipping through yoir posts this game, something like 10-12 referenced past games. Thats about 15% of all your posts, and it's about half of your posts that aren't just fluff.

Poor logic aside (scrambling to find references that meet your agenda, whatever it is), this kind of insular meta play can't be good for longevity of the format.

I agree with this which is why, I personally, think meta is a bunch of baloney, but to some people it helps inform their reads.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Man why did you guys listen to derp over me??!?!?!?!?!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

Mags it's because you took an entire day off and then showed up with a desperate looking claim when suspicion was building on you. It didn't look town at all.

BUT IT WAS!!!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

you guys gonna post the scum doc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

this is a stickup posted:

yeah, you screwed that up mags. game was fun, thanks for running somber

poor yronic, I kept egging you on hoping you would wifom yourself into killing me. but, I had to lie a little in my claim because on N2, I realized that I had forgotten to switch the curse from kash to yronic N1

That was my first post of the game day, I didnt even know I was under attack. It was just bad timing lol.

• Locked thread